CA - Harvey Weinstein trial on Sexual Harassment #metoo *Guilty in CA, NY Appeal*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Harvey Weinstein Directing Lawyer on Next Legal Steps During Hospital Stay
FEBRUARY 27, 2020 3:13pm
[...]
Weinstein will remain at the hospital, which has been staked out by local media, until the facility's doctor allow his release.

"The Bellevue doctors will make those decisions based on their medical expertise," Aidala told The Hollywood Reporter. "He's feeling OK. He wouldn't be there if he was the picture of health. He didn't ask to go there. None of his lawyers asked for him to go there. It was a New York City Department of Corrections decision, that that was the most suitable place for a 67-year-old man with a laundry list of illnesses who went from being in a walker to being in a wheelchair."

Aidala visited Weinstein in the hospital on Tuesday and said he's scheduled to visit him again on Friday.

The lawyer spoke on the phone with the former movie mogul on Thursday morning. "He was the Harvey that I know," said Aidala. "He asked a lot of relevant questions about what's happening, what the next steps are. He gave some directions about how to proceed. I needed some directions on how to proceed. He just was looking forward to my visit tomorrow so we can go over things face-to-face in more detail."
[...]

"Scheduled to see him, FRIDAY"?!

WTH?! The convicted rapist seems stabilized. He can be transferred from the hospital to jail, tomorrow. Friday.

Or does Weinstein need a weekend in the hospital? And possibly next week? Next month? Next year?

How many other convicted rapists are coddled like this? Even Bill Cosby was taken directly into custody after his conviction. It almost appears that Weinstein is receiving some sort of privilege. And that is outrageous.

When did the predator go from a walker to a wheelchair? His lawyer says "He was the Harvey that I know" Look out nurses. Sounds like Weinstein is still in charge.

Harvey Weinstein is worried about how his health will suffer in prison and now uses a wheelchair to get around because his walker had to be confiscated under jailhouse rules, his rep told The Post on Tuesday.

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/25/harvey-weinstein-scared-of-health-behind-bars-using-wheelchair-rep/

"He’s in a prison. Let’s dispel any notion he’s in some cushy place. His hospital room is a cinder block room with a hospital bed and a very wide open stainless steel toilet with no lid and open glass windows all around. Any cops or hospital staff can see in when they walk by.”

So...why not just go to the actual Rikers prison rather than a prison ward at Bellevue Hospital? Makes no sense, imo.

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/28/sad-...9.1509658474.1581907594-1571985433.1581907594

Harvey Weinstein starts work on appeal from New York hospital
Fri 28 Feb 2020 07.06 EST
Last modified on Fri 28 Feb 2020 11.58 EST

[...]
In the UK, the Labour MP Chi Onwurah called for Weinstein to be stripped of his CBE, a British honour. In a letter to the Cabinet Office, Onwurah said: “In light of the guilty verdict, will the secretariat finally strip Mr Weinstein of his CBE as I first requested on 11 October 2017? Or will they continue to honour Mr Weinstein at the expense of all those who have experienced sexual violence and especially his victims?” Downing Street said Weinstein’s honour was a matter for the independent panel but added that Boris Johnson’s government was “crystal clear” in its condemnation of sexual abuse.
[...]

Images of Harvey sitting in a TV room ( not handcuffed) watching a TV
using a wheelchair like a walker:
PIX11 Exclusive Images: Harvey Weinstein at Bellevue
—-hello if he’s walking down to a TV room he’s well enough to go to Rikers!!!It’s not like he’s hooked up to an EKG machine!
MOO
bbm

Sure seems that way to me. There is no way, imo, that any other prisoner would be allowed to avoid actual prison after conviction.

jmo

Images of Harvey sitting in a TV room ( not handcuffed) watching a TV
using a wheelchair like a walker:
PIX11 Exclusive Images: Harvey Weinstein at Bellevue

—-hello if he’s walking down to a TV room he’s well enough to go to Rikers!!!It’s not like he’s hooked up to an EKG machine!
MOO

bbm

Sure seems that way to me. There is no way, imo, that any other prisoner would be allowed to avoid actual prison after conviction.

jmo

Yes. Very fishy. Why this special detour to Bellevue hospital? It's not as if Rikers doesn't have medical facilities. Of course, Weinstein has a crafty, well lubed legal machine, and that might very well be the reason. It's almost become a joke.. and it will definitely be a joke if it continues.

How Harvey Weinstein’s conviction affects wife Georgina Chapman, children
There could be hundreds of millions of dollars in judgments and he could be wiped out,”
Walzer added. “And if the judgments wipe him out, he could be in trouble.”
The lawyer said he believes Weinstein may file bankruptcy at some point “to preserve something for his kids.”
“It's a serious situation but I don't think he'll be able to modify his support in the foreseeable future, because it's not like he just lost his job or anything, he's the same as he was,” he continued.
“So we'll just have to see but I wouldn't be surprised if he's penniless in 10 years.
If he lives.”

This dude's married? OMG I can't even imagine being married to this guy. His kids, his wife, WOW! I have so many thoughts going on in my mind right now.

How Harvey Weinstein’s conviction affects wife Georgina Chapman, children
There could be hundreds of millions of dollars in judgments and he could be wiped out,”
Walzer added. “And if the judgments wipe him out, he could be in trouble.”
The lawyer said he believes Weinstein may file bankruptcy at some point “to preserve something for his kids.”
“It's a serious situation but I don't think he'll be able to modify his support in the foreseeable future, because it's not like he just lost his job or anything, he's the same as he was,” he continued.
“So we'll just have to see but I wouldn't be surprised if he's penniless in 10 years.
If he lives.”

Love the last line: ? penniless in 10 years.
He is possibly squirreling money away, knowing his money is going down the drain due to ongoing trials and this appeal.
MOO.

Harvey Weinstein Is Apparently Spending His Days in a Recliner Watching TV and Not in Jail
If you were to assume that this was all an elaborate hoax in order to further stave off his impending time in prison, you’d probably be right. PIX11's source also said that Weinstein has made it very clear he has no desire to go to Rikers. Weinstein, who’s already started work on appealing the verdict, follows in a long line of other rich men who have committed terrible crimes and been big whiney babies about it once they’ve been caught.
I’m sure it must be a shock to the system once the money, power, influence, and privilege that have emboldened and excused the behavior of rich men for so long begins to wear off, in the rare instances where it does, and they are held accountable for their actions. Certainly, this is not the way Weinstein saw this going for himself, which explains him holding himself up in a hospital trying to avoid the reality of the situation. However, with any luck, he’ll be out of that comfy leather chair and behind bars soon, where he can await sentencing and the verdict of the other trial sill being held in LA.

Harvey Weinstein Is Apparently Spending His Days in a Recliner Watching TV and Not in Jail
If you were to assume that this was all an elaborate hoax in order to further stave off his impending time in prison, you’d probably be right. PIX11's source also said that Weinstein has made it very clear he has no desire to go to Rikers. Weinstein, who’s already started work on appealing the verdict, follows in a long line of other rich men who have committed terrible crimes and been big whiney babies about it once they’ve been caught.
I’m sure it must be a shock to the system once the money, power, influence, and privilege that have emboldened and excused the behavior of rich men for so long begins to wear off, in the rare instances where it does, and they are held accountable for their actions. Certainly, this is not the way Weinstein saw this going for himself, which explains him holding himself up in a hospital trying to avoid the reality of the situation. However, with any luck, he’ll be out of that comfy leather chair and behind bars soon, where he can await sentencing and the verdict of the other trial sill being held in LA.
I do not understand why the prosecutor and/or judge are not demanding that he be sent to Rikers to await his March 11 sentencing. He is clearly not in dire health that requires him to be at Bellevue.

Who is in charge of this decision to let him stay at Bellevue? I'm assuming the judge? What is going on?

jmo

Money Money Money! It's all about the money, I mean "donations" I hope his ex-wife has some really really good lawyers. I wonder how much of his 5-10 year sentence he'll serve. Of course the judge will take into consideration time served, and then he'll probably serve the rest on house arrest.

Thanks! Wow.
I thought the floor plan request of Harvey’s place & Black Cube emails were pointing to guilty.
Though Jessica Mann was a bit all over the place...they did believe he attacked her.
And THIS ....
“Even if he is convinced of his own innocence, he’s got to regret the choices that he made,” the first juror said. If he doesn’t, he added, “then he is a monster.”

I didn't follow the case, but what evidence did they have on Weinstein? Is it possible these women seduced him in exchange for a job?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back