CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the comments on that article mentions that the angry text message threatening to leave Hasanni at the BART was sent about the time the neighbor claims was the last time they'd seen Hasanni around.

One of the comments on that article mentions that the angry text message threatening to leave Hasanni at the BART was sent about the time the neighbor claims was the last time they'd seen Hasanni around.
But he supposedly was seen at the salvage yard that day. I would like to know where LR's cell phone pinged inbetween the salvage yard and the shoe store. MOO

Missing boy's foster dad's angry text message

(08-20) 11:01 PDT FREMONT -- The foster father of a missing 5-year-old boy with cerebral palsy sent an angry text message threatening to leave the child alone at a BART platform just 10 days before Hasanni Campbell vanished, according to court documents released today.

View Larger Images

In addition, Louis Ross "voiced some misgivings" about caring for a disabled child when he talked to officers investigating the child's Aug. 10 disappearance, according to a statement that Oakland police submitted to justify obtaining a search warrant of Ross' Fremont home.

According to the police account, Ross sent an expletive-laden text message July 31 to Jennifer Campbell, his fiancee and the aunt and foster mother of Hasanni.

"This is f- over, I will watch her but he will be out on the BART and its your responsibility to hey (sic) him so f - you," Ross texted at 9:50 a.m., police said. The references appear to be to Hasanni and his 1-year-old sister.

more at http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/20/BA9419BA1A.DTL

Also from that article:

...In addition to the text message, police described an instance in which Ross apparently left the two children alone in the home "while he went to the bank to conduct a transaction."...

...He had also voiced some misgivings about caring for a developmentally disabled child during the interview," Tisdell wrote.

Ross, reached by phone today, downplayed any domestic disputes with Campbell.

He said he had sent the text message in frustration at a time when he planned to break up with Campbell.

"It was me venting about a situation in our past that had come back up," he said. "I was ending the relationship at that point."...

~~~~My opinion only~~~~

The fact that he texted Hassani's Aunt and threatened to leave Hassani (if I am misspelling his name please forgive me, for the life of me I can't figure out the correct spelling) at BART indicates to me a few things~ 1. He had no qualms about using something or someone to gain control over a situation with his significant other. Which leads me to believe that this man is controlling and his behavior in that instance borders on being emotionally abusive. JMHO. It also reflects that if he would threaten such a thing he is emotionally disconnected from Hassani. JMHO.

I do appreciate that failing a LDT does not indicate guilt. I just wanted to support the poster that said that.

As with any missing child, unfortunately when we begin to "peel the onion" too often it becomes uglier and uglier.

Yes this man has been "cooperating" with LE. However, many ppl that have commited a crime are known to do so because of several reasons 1. They are arrogant and think they are smarter than LE. 2. To not cooperate will immediately raise suspicions of LE and that is to be avoided. 3. And lastly, what are hours and hours of interviews granted to LE if it means avoiding 25 to life?

He better come up with a very good reason for me to not cast a judgemental eye on him, or I will continue to do so until LE (who I have the deepest respect for) says he's cleared.

"As for the sword, Ross said he had told police about it and that officers had later returned and picked it up. He said he kept it under a mattress."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com

Here we are, beating ourselves into a frenzy about "could the child have been seen from the street" etc., etc.... And all along LR has kept a sword under his mattress!! What a freak!

This is a must read. The article is too long to reprint here.

One more thought. Many people have been moved by LR crying at the vigil. My wife said that there were no tears at all from him. Her take was that he was faking choked up.

This is looking so atrocious. I'm wondering why cops are releasing it now? To turn up the heat on LR & JC or because they have some evidence (trace blood, etc.) that points to murder? You figure they've had most of this evidence for at least several days?

Maybe JC knows more than she's saying especially if past domestic violence had been involved. Sometimes battered wives stand by their man and obey orders even if they truly don't want to. Remember that if he had been missing earlier than that morning she likely was involved in at least the cover up as awful as it is to think it.

Last night I rewatched the grandmother's interview. Even she seemed off IMHO. She said nothing about the boy that wasn't practically verbatim what LR had said. And she called him "impressionable" but not too many other descriptive or adoring words. Most grandmas I know would be a mess if one of their grandchildren was missing. She just seemed too casual (way more than my mother would be if something happened to our boys) to me.

Also, I thought I'd add that while there aren't a lot of businesses right there with visible outside video, the gas station on the corner of College and Claremont has a camera facing the opposite side of the street on College Ave. (There may be one on the other side too. I'd have to check.) Maybe there's footage somewhere of LR driving by that they could enhance to see if Hassani was in the car? (He'd probably pass the gas station both on Claremont and again on College before getting to Harwood Ave.)

So, now I wonder if he killed him or if he did just dump Hasani somewhere alone?

Either way...fry him.

One more thought. Many people have been moved by LR crying at the vigil. My wife said that there were no tears at all from him. Her take was that he was faking choked up.

This is looking so atrocious. I'm wondering why cops are releasing it now? To turn up the heat on LR & JC or because they have some evidence (trace blood, etc.) that points to murder? You figure they've had most of this evidence for at least several days?

Maybe JC knows more than she's saying especially if past domestic violence had been involved. Sometimes battered wives stand by their man and obey orders even if they truly don't want to. Remember that if he had been missing earlier than that morning she likely was involved in at least the cover up as awful as it is to think it.

Last night I rewatched the grandmother's interview. Even she seemed off IMHO. She said nothing about the boy that wasn't practically verbatim what LR had said. And she called him "impressionable" but not too many other descriptive or adoring words. Most grandmas I know would be a mess if one of their grandchildren was missing. She just seemed too casual (way more than my mother would be if something happened to our boys) to me.

Also, I thought I'd add that while there aren't a lot of businesses right there with visible outside video, the gas station on the corner of College and Claremont has a camera facing the opposite side of the street on College Ave. (There may be one on the other side too. I'd have to check.) Maybe there's footage somewhere of LR driving by that they could enhance to see if Hassani was in the car? (He'd probably pass the gas station both on Claremont and again on College before getting to Harwood Ave.)

bolded by me

I was just thinking that JC has a frightened look on her face--like a deer caught in the headlights--not frightened for Hasanni but frightened of LR. She knows he is violent and now she has to keep quiet about what he did to Hasanni.

FF--I wonder if LE knows about the gas station security camera?

bolded by me

I was just thinking that JC has a frightened look on her face--like a deer caught in the headlights--not frightened for Hasanni but frightened of LR. She knows he is violent and now she has to keep quiet about what he did to Hasanni.

FF--I wonder if LE knows about the gas station security camera?
I noticed that about her too. I'm curious how LE got the text message ~ through records or did JC give it to them? MOO

hello all - just a question from lurkland ... what is BART?

after reading the txt from lwr - it sounds like he mistakes the attention that Hisanni receives for the CP as unfair and that must mean in his abusive mind that jc must love hasanni more.... abusers will stoop to any level...sickening.:sick:
i think he hates or hated hasanni....moo

Missing boy's foster dad's angry text message

(08-20) 11:01 PDT FREMONT -- The foster father of a missing 5-year-old boy with cerebral palsy sent an angry text message threatening to leave the child alone at a BART platform just 10 days before Hasanni Campbell vanished, according to court documents released today.

View Larger Images

In addition, Louis Ross "voiced some misgivings" about caring for a disabled child when he talked to officers investigating the child's Aug. 10 disappearance, according to a statement that Oakland police submitted to justify obtaining a search warrant of Ross' Fremont home.

According to the police account, Ross sent an expletive-laden text message July 31 to Jennifer Campbell, his fiancee and the aunt and foster mother of Hasanni.

"This is f- over, I will watch her but he will be out on the BART and its your responsibility to hey (sic) him so f - you," Ross texted at 9:50 a.m., police said. The references appear to be to Hasanni and his 1-year-old sister.

more at http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/20/BA9419BA1A.DTL

Why would LR put Hasanni on BART by himself anyway? I mean, LR seems to control the car usage, JC is pregnant and trying to use public transportation... Sounds like pure mean-spiritedness, and obviously there is some kind of trouble between him and JC.
Wow, great time to bring another child into the world...NOT

after reading the txt from lwr - it sounds like he mistakes the attention that Hisanni receives for the CP as unfair and that must mean in his abusive mind that jc must love hasanni more.... abusers will stoop to any level...sickening.:sick:

Bay Area Rapid Transit --the subway system in the SF Bay area

IIRC from my time in San Fran and Oakland it is Bay Area Rapid Transit = BART

respectfully snipped
"As for the sword, Ross said he had told police about it and that officers had later returned and picked it up. He said he kept it under a mattress."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com

WHAT a storyteller. He's saying LE picked the sword up yet the following article says LE are still looking for it.
http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleVi...ers House Fails to Turn Up Sword/Default.aspx

snip:

Police reports show a search of the home failed to turn up any sign of the sword.

I hope and pray that JC does not have knowledge of what has happened Hassani, either prior to or afterwards and has not informed LE.

I have very little sympathy for anyone that covers for a perp of a crime against a child.

As for her I just don't know yet. Time will tell.

Why would LR put Hasanni on BART by himself anyway? I mean, LR seems to control the car usage, JC is pregnant and trying to use public transportation... Sounds like pure mean-spiritedness, and obviously there is some kind of trouble between him and JC.
Wow, great time to bring another child into the world...NOT
I took it to be threatening to leave Hasanni alone at the BART platform and basically "let the chips fall where they may" ~ he gets kidnapped or worse ~ so what ~ kind of thing. Yes, it definitely sounded like more than being mean spirited but more like a total disregard for the child's welfare. It also goes along with what people said about Hasanni crying at the salvage yard. I definitely believe now that his crying led to what happened later since it seems LR has a very short fuse. MOO

I can totally understand being frustrated with a child, but that text message goes way too far, I think. So much for, "That was my son."

And what's with, "that was at a time when I was ending the relationship"? WTH? Ten days ago? He makes it sound like it was years ago.

I can totally understand being frustrated with a child, but that text message goes way too far, I think. So much for, "That was my son."

And what's with, "that was at a time when I was ending the relationship"? WTH? Ten days ago? He makes it sound like it was years ago.
Maybe 10 days prior to Hasanni's disappearance he was planning on ending the relationship because Hasanni was in the way but now all is well. I honestly don't believe anything he says anymore. :mad: MOO

WHAT a storyteller. He's saying LE picked the sword up yet the following article says LE are still looking for it.
http://www.kron4.com/News/ArticleVi...ers House Fails to Turn Up Sword/Default.aspx

snip:

Police reports show a search of the home failed to turn up any sign of the sword.

Yes indeed he is a storyteller I agree Fifth. IMHO we have seen behavior like that before, minimizing...brushing off...always an explanation for behaviors that makes those behaviors appear benign. We tend to see that a lot don't we?

Also from the article you posted:

...Police say there's evidence in Ross' cell phone of prior domestic violence in the relationship between the foster parents...IMHO I think we are beginning to get some insight into the homelife of this baby boy...:(

...The affidavit says neighbors told Fremont police they hadn't seen Hasanni for at least two weeks before the child was reported missing. (I think this is going to be significant, I just don't know why right now.

Yes indeed he is a storyteller I agree Fifth. IMHO we have seen behavior like that before, minimizing...brushing off...always an explanation for behaviors that makes those behaviors appear benign. We tend to see that a lot don't we?

Also from the article you posted:

If Hasanni had really been missing for 2 weeks prior to this set-up fake abduction (which I'm really thinking it was), then JC must have an inkling of what happened to Hasanni. An inkling at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop