CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We never did see/hear the 911 call did we? I wonder if he described socks and shoes in that.

Funny that it would not be part of description though. Could anyone tell what shoes he had on at Wal*Mart?

We never did see/hear the 911 call did we? I wonder if he described socks and shoes in that.

Funny that it would not be part of description though. Could anyone tell what shoes he had on at Wal*Mart?

On Tuesday, police also released surveillance footage from a Wal-Mart store in Fremont recorded on Aug. 6 that they say it is the last known sighting of the boy.

In photographs, the boy is seen wearing jeans, a black jacket, black shoes and a red and blue cap. Hasanni and his sister were captured in the pictures shopping with Ross and Campbell.
http://www.wgnradio.com/sns-ap-us-missing-disabled-boy,0,2428483.story

UPDATED: Foster parents say sweatshirt not Hasanni's
Sunday, September 13, 2009 | 6:38 PM
<snipped>
Volunteer search teams thought they had found some important clues Sunday in the case of missing Hasanni Campbell after they discovered a sweatshirt, sock and piece of a blanket on a hillside at the end of Chabot Road.

The items were found a little more than one mile from the spot where Hasanni Campbell was reported missing 34 days ago. Police taped the area off as a potential crime scene.

Hasanni's foster parents arrived at the scene around 5:30 p.m. and quickly determined that the articles of clothing did not belong to the missing 5-year-old. Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell said with confidence that the gray sweatshirt was the wrong brand. They said the sock and part of a blanket found were also not his.

Around 1 p.m. Oakland crime scene technicians were called in and the sweatshirt was photographed and tagged. On the day Hasanni went missing his foster fathers said he was wearing a gray sweatshirt and pants, and that is why the items got so much attention Sunday.

The sheriff's canine was given a whiff of the clothing and it took off in search of a scent, but it did not find one. Alameda County search and rescue dogs are also helping cover a nearby hillside by Highway 24 and Highway 13.

Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell were arrested on suspicion of murder, but they were released because investigators could not find enough evidence to charge them. On Sunday their attorney John Burris explained that their relationship with the police and media has become very guarded since their release, which is why the couple made very few comments Sunday.

VIDEO: Foster parents say sweatshirt not Hasanni's
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=7013075

5-year-old Hasanni Campbell was described as wearing a gray sweatshirt and sweat pants when he was reported missing on August 10, 2009, by his foster father Louis Ross.
7012957_600x338.jpg

Article:
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7012945

:angel:

It occurred to me that while the clothing may not be Hasanni's bought for him by LR and JC, they would not know what the "kidnapper" did -- changed Hasanni's clothes to change his appearance or gave him different clothes to wear (in the days that followed).

So maybe LR should not have discounted that clothing so quickly.

*I don't believe there is a kidnapper, just going with LR's story that there was.

Well, even if the clothes weren't connected, I am pleased the case got a boost in publicity.

It occurred to me that while the clothing may not be Hasanni's bought for him by LR and JC, they would not know what the "kidnapper" did -- changed Hasanni's clothes to change his appearance or gave him different clothes to wear (in the days that followed).

*I don't believe there is a kidnapper, just going with LR's story that there was.

You make a GREAT point here!! :clap:

I find Ross incredibly stupid! Once again, he has to be right and once again we see his incredible arrogance! Why/how in the heck could Ross predict what happened to little guy Hasanni in the weeks he has been missing. Is he actually saying that the perp couldn't have changed his clothes or disguised them? Well, now we know for sure what little Hasanni had on when going missing. We should throw Ross in the cell with Drew Peterson and see who disappears first.

With all those houses around and a school down the street from the dead end, it could belong to a kid from the neighborhood.

How do we know to take their word on it though? I mean the step father or whatever failed a polygraph! Did you guys know anything about a bad stench? On Nancy Grace's facebook they said that searches found the shirt when they smelled a stench:

http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN?ref=nf

Nancy Grace
Breaking: Cops conducting tests on a gray sweatshirt & red sock found buried in dirt about a mile from where missing 5-yr-old Hasanni Campbell was reported missing! Volunteer searches stumbled on the clothing while conducting a search for the mi...ssing boy, now presumed to be dead! Tune in tonight for more details!

They'll test the sweatshirt.

ETA:
Sorry hit the button before I meant to.

If they find evidence that Hasanni wore that sweatshirt, LR will say the kidnapper must have had it, and used it. I hope they can then connect the sweatshirt to LR.

I hadn't read anything about searchers smelling a stench but it's a wooded area, so dead animals are a possibility. And NG will always add a little something to make it seem more interesting. IMO

Is the area still roped off?

I guess it would be roped off until they get results of tests they run on the sweatshirt. (My "duh" moment for the day. One of anyway.)

I agree, he was a little too quick to dismiss this sweatshirt as not belonging to Hasanni. It may not have been what Hasanni was wearing on 8/10, but since LR says he went missing from the alley, how would he know what Hasanni eventually ended up wearing or is wearing now? I think his quick dismissal just made it even more suspicious that he knows what happened to Hasanni. MOO

September 14, 2009
Nancy Grace

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrJoBkqqba0"]YouTube - Nancy 9/14/09 Hasanni Campbell[/nomedia]

With all those houses around and a school down the street from the dead end, it could belong to a kid from the neighborhood.

Yes, and if there was a "stench" it could be that said neighborhood kid got something gross on his sweatshirt and so left it there. Then he could tell his mom he "lost it". As good an explanation as any! lol

Yes, and if there was a "stench" it could be that said neighborhood kid got something gross on his sweatshirt and so left it there. Then he could tell his mom he "lost it". As good an explanation as any! lol

It also wouldn't be the first time a search for one person stumbled on a completely unrelated crime scene.

She's gonna have to wear a neck brace if she piles anymore jewelry on. Suck it up NG and have a wrinkly neck like the rest of the world! Oops did I say that? JK

I hope we find something out soon on the clothing tests.

Am cackling a little over this one. tee hee hee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine