CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, JS gave JW Heidi's bank statements to bolster the claim she was embezzling money.

The one thing I see with JW is he is defending Heidi any chance he gets. If he were behind her disappearance, I would think he would be going along with the story she stole money and took off. But he is doing quite the opposite.

Moo.

I'm still trying to get caught up on what is known about this case. Apologies if I'm covering old ground. I've read the thread I don't see an explanation of why anyone at HP's workplace would even have her bank statements. What have I missed? Thanks.
JMO

I just don't see a motive for JW. Do you? MOO All hypothetical.

No, I don't, unless you consider the normal animosity that goes along with divorce and custody issues a sufficient motive, and I do not. What I believe, in a nutshell, is that JW is convinced he knows who, or what, is behind Heidi's disappearance, and in his efforts to point a finger so blatantly in that direction, he is sometimes making some of his own actions and statements make him look more suspect. JMO

Last edited:
It’s feasible Heidi may have been the key-holder for an apartment/apartments at the Hope & Flower. Perhaps she let people in for short stays, or met clients there on behalf of an employer. Or maybe it was something she did as a side-line of her own.
If you're talking about an Airbnb type situation, I've never had a human let me in to a stay. Keys are left in lockboxes like you'd see with a realtor, or properties have keypads.

Well here is my best theory.

She got in over her head and fled.

The problem for me is that the dog was left in such a bizzaro location. That points me to foul play. But! Maybe she wanted it to look that way?

And where is her RR? The best chance of finding Heidi is finding the RR. LE almost act like they have already found it.

Moo.

I'm still trying to get caught up on what is known about this case. Apologies if I'm covering old ground. I've read the thread I don't see an explanation of why anyone at HP's workplace would even have her bank statements. What have I missed? Thanks.
JMO
Thank you! That is another thing to add to the list of oddities about this case. It seems very peculiar to me that anyone other than HP would have access to her bank statements.

If you're talking about an Airbnb type situation, I've never had a human let me in to a stay. Keys are left in lockboxes like you'd see with a realtor, or properties have keypads.

I was thinking more along the lines of clientele who want some human contact, or she could be overseeing the upkeep
of the apartment.

The problem for me is that the dog was left in such a bizzaro location. That points me to foul play. But! Maybe she wanted it to look that way?

And where is her RR? The best chance of finding Heidi is finding the RR. LE almost act like they have already found it.

Moo.
I don't have a best theory yet, but the dog being found where it was points me more toward thinking that someone wanted to make sure it was cared for, so that could support your best theory. Or she's being held hostage in the building and her vehicle has been hidden or dismantled. (That's a wild theory, but it does fit the few facts we have.) I'd jump on the 'got in her head and fled' theory if it were not for her son, and you're right about finding the RR. If HP was without her phone, purse, and vehicle when she went missing, I would jump to foul play almost immediately, but I can't go there yet. JMHO

I am curious if Heidi interacted with anyone else at the football game, or if anyone else noticed her acting strange. IME parents become friendly with one another through practices, games, events, etc. so it wouldn’t surprise me if she was at least acquaintances with some of the other parents.

JMO
Nothing about the bank statement business makes sense. Why/how would JS's assistant come into possession of Heidi's personal bank statements in the first place? Were they part of some internal investigation Camden was conducting over missing funds? Did Heidi know about it?

And even if the assistant did have these statements, why would she provide them to Heidi's ex-husband of 9 years? What would be the point of that? What is the ex supposed to do with them? Wouldn't the assistant provide those statements to LE? Why the ex instead? It makes no sense.

I'm not convinced those statements came into JW's possession via the assistant. JW did, after all, have Heidi's laptop for over a week...

MOO

I am curious if Heidi interacted with anyone else at the football game, or if anyone else noticed her acting strange. IME parents become friendly with one another through practices, games, events, etc. so it wouldn’t surprise me if she was at least acquaintances with some of the other parents.
None of those people have spoken out publicly, that I know of. It's possible someone physically showed up at that stadium, someone who made Heidi very nervous, causing her antsy behavior and flight from the stadium at half-time. Surely there is security footage at the stadium. But we haven't heard anything about that. Did Heidi leave the stadium alone or did someone leave with her in the RR? jmo

ETA: In fact, it occurs to me, how do we know Heidi left the stadium in the RR? She could have left the RR in the stadium lot and driven off in an entirely different vehicle with someone else. We've all been assuming if the dog and Heidi were at the H+F that means the RR was too. The RR could possibly have been removed from the stadium lot by someone else. Or the RR could have been carjacked, along with Heidi and Seven right there in the lot of the stadium. Just a thought, that hopefully LE has been able to rule out. Or in.

Last edited:

Moo.
That's my issue too @SuziQ , there isn't a single theory which fits all the puzzle pieces we know today. Thank goodness for 7, if not for him being found at Hope+Flower ...
I wonder if cell phone records have come back yet?

Has LE said the vehicle is missing? Where is the best place to find the official LE communications to the public about this case, not as interpreted by media? Some random thoughts:
  • Maybe the vehicle isn’t missing
  • Did anyone other than ex confirm she was at the game?
  • What’s the ex’s timeline for the dog text and chip story? If he says he tried the chip tracking before he saw the found dog texts, that’s weird. Even if he thought chips were GPS, he’d have since learned otherwise and that would be part of his story. Why would he think to find her by checking to see if someone found her dog? And if he saw the texts, why wouldn’t he go straight to LE or talk to the texters?
  • Some of the cases I’ve followed here have people who seem sus at the beginning, but later it turns out LE has advised them what they can and can’t talk about, and they are just not good at handling media pressure and they act goofy. But pointing the finger at powerful people is kinda dangerous, no?
  • Anyone check rover or other pet sitting services for providers near that building?

Nothing about the bank statement business makes sense. Why/how would JS's assistant come into possession of Heidi's personal bank statements in the first place? Were they part of some internal investigation Camden was conducting over missing funds? Did Heidi know about it?

And even if the assistant did have these statements, why would she provide them to Heidi's ex-husband of 9 years? What would be the point of that? What is the ex supposed to do with them? Wouldn't the assistant provide those statements to LE? Why the ex instead? It makes no sense.

I'm not convinced those statements came into JW's possession via the assistant. JW did, after all, have Heidi's laptop for over a week...

MOO

Exactly. Plus, obviously it's possible for LE to determine (with a warrant) when her bank account was last accessed--including online sign-ons. I'm not the most modern person in the world so far depending on a computer to do things, but even I have paperless delivery for most bank accounts (certainly for regular statements.) So I find it hard to believe HP had paper monthly statements mailed to her. And if someone printed out statements after she went missing, that would seem like a big deal. And if JW did it, sounds like he'd get caught.

JMO

Can't be too specific here (I'm sure you understand) but I've gotten the impression that JW has been the more steady and responsible of the two: he may have found it necessary to initiate certain proceedings, vs. just being a control-freak pita. If the court was aware of the history here, that may have made the 100% easier to come by.
He sure doesn't appear to be very stable to me. He may be stable as in long term employment but his conversations are verbose word salad IMO.

MOO

Grabbing at straws, here, but it is POSSIBLE that her finances were much at discussion -- with JS as she campaigned/pled for more money, and both the court and JW to show she could not possibly pay what she had been assigned (separation agreement). AFAIK we don't know how many statements over what period of time are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*