CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to get caught up on what is known about this case. Apologies if I'm covering old ground. I've read the thread I don't see an explanation of why anyone at HP's workplace would even have her bank statements. What have I missed? Thanks.
JMO
Right, or why they'd care anything about her ex husband and giving him information. MOO

Exactly. Plus, obviously it's possible for LE to determine (with a warrant) when her bank account was last accessed--including online sign-ons. I'm not the most modern person in the world so far depending on a computer to do things, but even I have paperless delivery for most bank accounts (certainly for regular statements.) So I find it hard to believe HP had paper monthly statements mailed to her. And if someone printed out statements after she went missing, that would seem like a big deal. And if JW did it, sounds like he'd get caught.

JMO
He wouldn't necessarily have had to log in to her actual bank account. I have financial folders set up on my hard drive. A folder for taxes where I drop my 1040's every year. Folders for various banks and investment firms where I drop my monthly, quarterly and yearly statements. So it's all in one tidy filing system I can access all in one place as opposed to logging into numerous different accounts constantly. I also back it up to an external hard drive frequently.

If Heidi kept a similar filing system, all her financial records could have been stored on the hard drive, meaning JW would not have had to access her actual accounts, which requires login credentials and passwords. Of course, one would hope if Heidi did use a similar system she would have password protected those folders. But people sometimes neglect to do that. jmo

He wouldn't necessarily have had to log in to her actual bank account. I have financial folders set up on my hard drive. A folder for taxes where I drop my 1040's every year. Folders for various banks and investment firms where I drop my monthly, quarterly and yearly statements. So it's all in one tidy filing system I can access all in one place as opposed to logging into numerous different accounts constantly. I also back it up to an external hard drive frequently.

If Heidi kept a similar filing system, all her financial records could have been stored on the hard drive, meaning JW would not have had to access her actual accounts, which requires login credentials and passwords. Of course, one would hope if Heidi did use a similar system she would have password protected those folders. But people sometimes neglect to do that. jmo

Good points. You are much more organized than I am! I confess after checking them for accuracy, I do not download every monthly checking account statement, for example. But if she had things set up the way you describe, wouldn't a forensic evaluation of her computer show the last time particular files were opened? Maybe no one would be looking for that but since there's a question about when she actually went missing I don't know why not.

Regardless, it definitely makes no sense her assistant would have those statements nor that they be given to her ex-husband. That's really nuts.
JMO

Good points. You are much more organized than I am! I confess after checking them for accuracy, I do not download every monthly checking account statement, for example. But if she had things set up the way you describe, wouldn't a forensic evaluation of her computer show the last time particular files were opened? Maybe no one would be looking for that but since there's a question about when she actually went missing I don't know why not.

Regardless, it definitely makes no sense her assistant would have those statements nor that they be given to her ex-husband. That's really nuts.
JMO
Oh, yes, a forensic audit of that laptop would absolutely uncover the dates/times files were accessed, if they were. And JW doesn't strike me as a tech mastermind that would know to image the hard drive then load that image onto another device before accessing anything. That's how the tech pros do it. They then have an image of the hard drive they can mess with all they want without changing the existing file information of the original hard drive. jmo

I keep coming back to what I think is key to her disappearance, What or who was HP fearful of? Did she mention being fearful to her friends or just the BF? MOO
She was getting monthly "bonuses" - according to JW anyway - which raises the question of what these monthly bonuses were for. I've heard of annual bonuses, but who gets one every single month? What "activities" were these monthly bonuses compensation for? Would any of these activities prompt fear in the average person? moo

I keep coming back to what I think is key to her disappearance, What or who was HP fearful of? Did she mention being fearful to her friends or just the BF? MOO

Her friend didn’t use the word ‘scared’ or ‘fearful’, but she did say this:

“Planck’s friends say in the days leading up to her disappearance, she was worried.

“She was really stressed and nervous, but she didn’t go into much detail,” said Planck’s friend [NJ].”

https://ktla.com/news/she-would-nev...ppearance-related-to-financial-investigation/

“Much detail”, she says. So, Heidi did go into some detail. What was it she was stressed about?

She was getting monthly "bonuses" - according to JW anyway - which raises the question of what these monthly bonuses were for. I've heard of annual bonuses, but who gets one every single month? What "activities" were these monthly bonuses compensation for? Would any of these activities prompt fear in the average person? moo
IMO JW was trying to get CS payments reduced so he's going to be asserting that HP has income that she may not actually have. I think he's wanted full custody and no CS all along and is using this opportunity to accomplish that goal. I'm not saying he's responsible for HPs disappearance just that he's manipulating the circumstances to his agenda.
And once someone changes their story or communicates confusion, omitting info or back tracking, etc. they lose credibility IMO.

Her friend didn’t use the word ‘scared’ or ‘fearful’, but she did say this:

“Planck’s friends say in the days leading up to her disappearance, she was worried.

“She was really stressed and nervous, but she didn’t go into much detail,” said Planck’s friend [NJ].”

https://ktla.com/news/she-would-nev...ppearance-related-to-financial-investigation/

“Much detail”, she says. So, Heidi did go into some detail. What was it she was stressed about?

According to this link she texted her BF she was scared.

Missing mom Heidi 'text friend to say she was scared' before disappearance

If I were as convinced as JW seems to be that my ex was unfortunately involved in such a fiasco that it led to their murder, kidnapping, or voluntarily disappearance, I would 100% be seeking full custody of my child too. I would want as much parental control as I could possibly get to keep them out of harm's way. Moo.

If I were as convinced as JW seems to be that my ex was unfortunately involved in such a fiasco that it led to their murder, kidnapping, or voluntarily disappearance, I would 100% be seeking full custody of my child too. I would want as much parental control as I could possibly get to keep them out of harm's way. Moo.

If he wants to keep their child out of harms way, it’d probably be a good idea to stop publicly badmouthing the people he insinuates are responsible for heidis disappearance. Jmo

OK, But how would he know the password to log on to the computer to access the files? I don't think he would have access to the password to log onto the computer IMO.

If he wants to keep their child out of harms way, it’d probably be a good idea to stop publicly badmouthing the people he insinuates are responsible for heidis disappearance. Jmo
Yes of course that is a given. I was just speaking to why I personally don't find it odd to file for full custody so quickly in this situation. Moo.

I found it odd that he rang the doorbell but didn't wait for an answer. He just dropped the box and left. Leaving food outside is not exactly a good idea. You'd think he'd at least give her a few minutes to get to the door. Unless of course, he knew she wasn't there.

Hopefully, he (JW) understands this now, based on what he said on the Nancy Grace interview.

He said, “There’s no playbook for how to, you know, what to do, what to look for, how to act, and all we know is we have to deal with the facts. And there’s been a lot of, a lot of speculation. And I’m learning every day from the detective at the LAPD that’s been assigned for this, and he’s like, “Jim, you just have to stay away from speculation”, so I’m learning as we’re going every day on this, and I’m going to try and stick to the facts that we actually know.”
Crime Stories with Nancy Grace
(11/3/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads