CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The following article snippet keeps repeating in my mind.
JW then spoke with the assistant again a few days later, but claimed this time the employee accused HP of 'siphoning off money from the company.'

When JW said he didn't believe the accusations, the assistant allegedly claimed they had 'proof' and sent him several of HP’s personal bank statements.

According to JW, he never looked at the bank documents in detail and gave them to the police and soon as he got them.

He said cops later told him that HP 'didn't have a lot of money in her accounts.'

'It was pretty low of JS and his minions to accuse HP of basically embezzling when she's mysteriously disappeared,' he said.

He added that he has no idea how her employer had obtained her banking information.

Heidi Planck's ex-husband claims her boss was concerned about recovering her laptop | Daily Mail Online

It makes me wonder…
1) How did the company supposedly get HP’s personal bank statements?
2) If the company did have HP’s personal bank statements as support of an alleged embezzlement scheme, why would they turn them over to JW (as her ex-husband, no less)?
3) Why didn’t JW look over the provided bank statements in detail after hearing the company’s allegations? I certainly would be curious, especially if it involved an ex!
4) If the bank statements were so evidentiary in the eyes of the company, why would law enforcement supposedly claim that HP’s bank accounts did not have an exceptional amount of cash after their review? (Though I suppose low cash at the end of a statement period is not equivalent to low account activity.)
5) Why would law enforcement disclose to the ex-husband their conclusions after an analysis of the bank statements?

This all smells fishy to me. JW is her ex-husband, and you would think that both the company and law enforcement would refrain from disclosing any “confidential” information to him.

I hope law enforcement compares whatever bank statements JW provided to the actual bank statements directly from the bank itself.

Last edited:
This just popped a thought off in my head - is this why JW took BW to the police station with him? Corroboration?
I would have taken my 11 yr old son with me if my husband went missing and I was going to report it to the police. Not just for corroboration but for any other info my son might have, but also to help my son feel like we were doing something proactive to find his father.

who would bring their dog to look at an apt as a prospective tenant?! Even someone who loves their dog and fully discloses it I think would find that as not very professional.
I would bring a dog when showing an apartment and have done so in the past, and after accomplishing what needed to be done, I would take my dog for a walk in the area.

who would bring their dog to look at an apt as a prospective tenant?! Even someone who loves their dog and fully discloses it I think would find that as not very professional.
I would bring a dog when showing an apartment and have done so in the past, and after accomplishing what needed to be done, I would take my dog for a walk in the area.

This just popped a thought off in my head - is this why JW took BW to the police station with him? Corroboration?
I would have taken my 11 yr old son with me if my husband went missing and I was going to report it to the police. Not just for corroboration but for any other info my son might have, but also to help my son feel like we were doing something proactive to find his father.
The friend claims she picked her up there once but doesn’t know why. Which is…strange to me. Wouldn’t you ask why and what’s up (in a friendly way?). I’m not totally sold on this.

And yes, there is an outdoor dog run inside the building. It’s listed as one of the amenities. So far we have no evidence that she actually went inside. The dog was found inside.

A thought on her renting an apartment there. That would also be really easy for police to figure out. It feels like it would be really hard to rent a luxury apartment with decent security, managed by a big company, under a different name/with cash/etc. If this is true, I believe LE would surely know by now and are keeping everything close to the vest for some reason.
I don't think 125K a year is enough for her to keep both her home in Palms and a luxury apt in DTLA. It would have to be one or the other.

I never felt as strongly about the dog aspect as you all, until today. I can’t keep up so apologies on anything that I may repeat. I was thinking could she have been going there to LOOK at an apartment, like for her to rent herself? Maybe she knew something with her job may effectively put her out of work and she was looking at downgrading costs (I haven’t compared costs just looking at average home ownership can apartments are often cheaper). Then, even with the dog accommodations - who would bring their dog to look at an apt as a prospective tenant?! Even someone who loves their dog and fully discloses it I think would find that as not very professional. So then I went to ok so she went to meet “someone” to perhaps discuss the bad work “activities” in private - could have even got a rental or other car an left hers in a parking lot somewhere so less chance Of ever being recognized there…then I realized no, that too would make zero sense to bring the dog if you are trying to do anything in secret. People would remember a lady with a dog much easier than without. So that leaves me with only thinking she went there on her own free will either to see or with someone known to her. I don’t have a belief she wasn’t there but that her dog somehow managed to get inside and up to that floor level without Heidi, with one exception someone (again a person known to her) did something to her and took the dog there and left it intentionally to throw the trail - knowing she has ties to that place at least one point in her past. It would have to be someone that knows they can get away with no recognition or cctv capture - which I can’t understand happening unless it was the middle of the night and they would only leave the dog on the condition as they went in, none of these odds happened - additionally it could be directly related to or assisted by someone who could make sure that cctv capture did in fact not happen.

I don’t believe any of it is random - no one is gonna hurt or take someone, and dump their dog off in a random building almost 30 floors deep - for the same reason. People remember someone with a dog.

moo.
Your post made me think that HP may be looking for a new place to live if her job was in jeopardy and her current house is somehow connected to her boss JS. MOO

Your post made me think that HP may be looking for a new place to live if her job was in jeopardy and her current house is somehow connected to her boss JS. MOO
Yes, but how do you explain leaving the phones behind at home?

I saw that, too. I thought at the time....wait...what...how did they know a 10 year old was involved? At least it read like they knew beforehand and why they made the effort. It was very odd and I kept thinking someone would mention it....so thank you for doing so!!!
Thank you for mentioning seeing his comments- . I have looked all over to find that article. It’s the same one he went on the stream of consciousness connect the dots deal about the phones.

I agree on the interest of how the dog is involved in all of this.

First, I wonder how typical it was that HP regularly brought her dog with her to work, on errands, etc. The timeline of the day HP went missing appears as if she brought the dog with her to the football game (don’t know if she left him in the car or had him with her in the stands).
Just my opinion, but I have to wonder if the dog was used either to place her at the H&P apartments or as a bread crumb to help find her (in the case that something went wrong with whomever). I am also assuming that to get entry into the building that one would need to either be let in by a resident or that the front desk would have to allow access. Same as if one entered via valet parking. HP could be going to any floor but let the dog out on another floor before she got there.
She wouldn't have been able to leave her doggie in the car in LA during the daytime. Someone would have called LAFD and/or broken her car window because it would have been too hot in that car. JMO

Or she wanted her independence instead of being "kept" by one of the companies in that $ 1.6m house she did not own. Maybe she had enough of being a yes woman to her bosses. But her boss wasn't too keen on the idea given that such independence might lead to her talking about iffy shenanigans going on. Maybe her boss JS found out recently she was about to resign, found another job, who knows, and things escalated from there.

I never felt as strongly about the dog aspect as you all, until today. I can’t keep up so apologies on anything that I may repeat. I was thinking could she have been going there to LOOK at an apartment, like for her to rent herself? Maybe she knew something with her job may effectively put her out of work and she was looking at downgrading costs (I haven’t compared costs just looking at average home ownership can apartments are often cheaper). Then, even with the dog accommodations - who would bring their dog to look at an apt as a prospective tenant?! Even someone who loves their dog and fully discloses it I think would find that as not very professional. So then I went to ok so she went to meet “someone” to perhaps discuss the bad work “activities” in private - could have even got a rental or other car an left hers in a parking lot somewhere so less chance Of ever being recognized there…then I realized no, that too would make zero sense to bring the dog if you are trying to do anything in secret. People would remember a lady with a dog much easier than without. So that leaves me with only thinking she went there on her own free will either to see or with someone known to her. I don’t have a belief she wasn’t there but that her dog somehow managed to get inside and up to that floor level without Heidi, with one exception someone (again a person known to her) did something to her and took the dog there and left it intentionally to throw the trail - knowing she has ties to that place at least one point in her past. It would have to be someone that knows they can get away with no recognition or cctv capture - which I can’t understand happening unless it was the middle of the night and they would only leave the dog on the condition as they went in, none of these odds happened - additionally it could be directly related to or assisted by someone who could make sure that cctv capture did in fact not happen.

I don’t believe any of it is random - no one is gonna hurt or take someone, and dump their dog off in a random building almost 30 floors deep - for the same reason. People remember someone with a dog.

moo.
But as a resident of Los Angeles myself, I could not imagine moving to Downtown LA with my 10 yr old son if he was already living in a nice suburb in West LA. He'd be moving to a non-family-friendly environment, far away from his school and friends. I really don't think she planned to move to DTLA. It is NOT a place to move to with a young child.

There are plenty of better and less expensive apartments in the area she was already living. JMO

But as a resident of Los Angeles myself, I could not imagine moving to Downtown LA with my 10 yr old son if he was already living in a nice suburb in West LA. He'd be moving to a non-family-friendly environment, far away from his school and friends. I really don't think she planned to move to DTLA. It is NOT a place to move to with a young child.

There are plenty of better and less expensive apartments in the area she was already living. JMO
Yes, you're right, of course. Plus that building is full of young partiers and has a bad reputation for other nefarious stuff. She could find a nice duplex or apartment in Culver City for example, lots there.

I live in a high rise, and there are cameras everywhere. There is no way anyone can disappear inside a new high rise, or the areas around, it without a single camera capturing her whereabouts. Clearly the police has figured this case out but there must be some loose ends that are yet to be resolved.

Plus, he went directly there from picking him up from school (imo, since I can't remember which msm I read it in). So he would have had to drop him off somewhere first if he didn't take him with. jmo

I live in a high rise, and there are cameras everywhere. There is no way anyone can disappear inside a new high rise, or the areas around, it without a single camera capturing her whereabouts. Clearly the police has figured this case out but there must be some loose ends that are yet to be resolved.

I pretty much agree with this. There's no way she was in the alley with the dog, then the dog was in the building w/o them both being on camera at least part of the time. The only way this could be wrong, imo, is if practically all of the cctv in the bldg was out of order. Which is possible, but kind of unlikely given the current environment in that area and the obscene amount of money people pay to live in a building like that. jmo

Holly’s resume shows that she has been a Buyers agent for a couple of Real Estate firms. That means she gets a fee on closed deals for introducing Buyers or investors to a Sellers agent/Broker.
It is not a licensed position. But being recognized with Firms means her fees/commissions are better protected and establishes her Cred as a go between in the community. These kind of functions are known as Finders. They are more common in higher dollar or more complicated transactions. They can get messy. She’s not not even 6 degrees of separation from what went on with the recent Arcadian Capital LLC multi million dollar finders fee lawsuit and undisclosed settlement.
It’s worth considering that this vanishing has to do with some kind of transaction, maybe payback, not a simple outing, not a drug or party girl event.. I’m fairly confident this saga goes way above and beyond that.
We live in crazy times.

For a percentage.
I don’t find that she is a licensed RE agent in CA.
It’s from The Sun:

“They were very, very nice about it and said they didn’t want to take the dog away from a 10-year-old boy. Our son is looking after the dog now.”

New clues revealed in missing mom mystery from odd text to multiple phones
QUOTE]
IMOO
Hoo hoo That’a great!! But an updated, edited version as the Sun is want to do. I appreciate the more traditional style reporting where a story is a story, not a product that can be morphed at will.
I’m still looking for the one where he detailed orher info. I think it was DM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members