CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lived in both places and downtown LA is NOTHING like NYC. Most significantly hardly anyone (relatively speaking) actually lives in downtown LA. At night, it is nothing compared to NYC. There are not lights and thousands of people everywhere you go at all hours. Just the homeless, drugs and crime after dark in most of downtown LA. jmo

Yes, NYC has a robust nightlife and people can walk around, visit coffee shops, bars, friends , etc.

DTLA, not so much....Mainly because Skid Row surrounds the area, blocking people from wanting to walk anywhere.

Everyone in the surrounding neighbourhoods of LA knows how bad it is in DTLA. There was a ramped up experiment where artists lofts and large co-ops were being rented by urban locals, and some enjoyed it----but many rejected it after awhile. Mainly because of the homeless, the crime and the lack of neighborhood resources.

Last edited:
Some questions:
1- Could she have been buying/using drugs? The ex-husband describes her as very unsettled and restless at the game. And then we see her walking around downtown L.A. in an area that many people describe as very rough. Also, she seems to have no reason or connection for being there. Why was she there?
2 - Could she have just taken off, for some time away? Yes, she loves her son…but what if she had a mental break from stresss….and just took off? How else can a CAR disappear? Also, I find it hard to believe investigators have NO way to track down this modern piece of technically advanced machinery.
3- They are an odd (ex) couple. She would have been 29 when she had her son…and he was 53. It happens, sure. But it’s not common. And I find it odd that he blabs a lot, pointing fingers all over the place- even at her for subjective things. He just seems a little strange. Also, if the boss really, really wanted the laptop, would he bark in the background? Or would he pick up the phone and sweet-talk to make SURE he obtained it?
-the comment the ex-husband said about people who found the dog: “They were very, very nice about it and said they didn’t want to take the dog away from a 10-year-old boy. Our son is looking after the dog now.”
HOW DID THEY KNOW about the son? Is the ex-husband implying they would have stolen the dog? He just seems to cast a lot of dispersions.
- The ex-husb had her phones for FOUR DAYS before bothering to look at them and see if there’s some info TO FIND HER?

I am not pointing any fingers - I don’t know what happened and maybe the ex is worried sick and just comes off as overly chatty bc he’s a hairdresser. I am just pointing out some things I noticed and wondering if others did too.

Yes, but how do you explain leaving the phones behind at home?
And even more strange, why did she have so many phones? Could she have had “additional unofficial jobs”? Maybe jobs that involved visiting people in apts? Her license plate says “you ate for love”. Something is hinky imo. And the ex-husband sounds resentful.

i feel like whomever disappeared her OR HP are connected to the building and have the elevator fob but NOT for the floor the dog was found on. the dog was left on the elevator and wandered out there when it opened there or the ppl who found him opened the elevator on that floor. it would be really foolish to release the dog on the same floor as the crime. like wouldnt a dog yap outside the door?

What if she was scared the SEC wanted to talk to her, and she just took off in her car to disappear in the desert for a bit? And maybe she purposefully dropped her dog off near (or in) a building with people who could probably track the dog back to her ex properly.

I believe HP was at the H+F to deliver the dog to the 28th floor so that it would be returned to her son and Ex. Then she went into hiding. I don't think she herself ever entered the building. LE would have released interior video rather than the alley shot. She probably met a resident there who took the dog inside. Perhaps the resident was supposed to deliver the dog to a specific party on the 28th floor but they were not home and the resident let the dog loose on the floor instead. I'm not sure how you hide yourself away for very long without accessing your bank account or using your credit card, both traceable by LE. Perhaps she is being helped by JS. I prefer to believe that she is alive.

The following article snippet keeps repeating in my mind.

Heidi Planck's ex-husband claims her boss was concerned about recovering her laptop | Daily Mail Online

It makes me wonder…
1) How did the company supposedly get HP’s personal bank statements?
2) If the company did have HP’s personal bank statements as support of an alleged embezzlement scheme, why would they turn them over to JW (as her ex-husband, no less)?
3) Why didn’t JW look over the provided bank statements in detail after hearing the company’s allegations? I certainly would be curious, especially if it involved an ex!
4) If the bank statements were so evidentiary in the eyes of the company, why would law enforcement supposedly claim that HP’s bank accounts did not have an exceptional amount of cash after their review? (Though I suppose low cash at the end of a statement period is not equivalent to low account activity.)
5) Why would law enforcement disclose to the ex-husband their conclusions after an analysis of the bank statements?

This all smells fishy to me. JW is her ex-husband, and you would think that both the company and law enforcement would refrain from disclosing any “confidential” information to him.

I hope law enforcement compares whatever bank statements JW provided to the actual bank statements directly from the bank itself.
exactly! And if this all happened, isn’t it sort of private/internal info for tbe investigation(s) and he doesn’t need to tell everyone? And TWICE he makes purposeful comments about not looking at something impt (but then does, after a few days). The phone, and the bank papers. Who would just not look??

I believe HP was at the H+F to deliver the dog to the 28th floor so that it would be returned to her son and Ex. Then she went into hiding. I don't think she herself ever entered the building. LE would have released interior video rather than the alley shot. She probably met a resident there who took the dog inside. Perhaps the resident was supposed to deliver the dog to a specific party on the 28th floor but they were not home and the resident let the dog loose on the floor instead. I'm not sure how you hide yourself away for very long without accessing your bank account or using your credit card, both traceable by LE. Perhaps she is being helped by JS. I prefer to believe that she is alive.
hmmm, maybe the muffins were the secret code to get moving snd get lost!!

Sheesh Sleuther friends- where is Heidi?
I pored through all the iterations of the SEC investigations, trials, recommendations
and several background stories and Bios about that crew.
There are specific references to a Personal
Assistant of JS who filed a few entities and sent out an email related to a piece of one of the many fraudulent schemes, which we’ve seen that she registered in CA and NV. I have a clearer picture of the sociopathic nature of the characters she’s been around.
No wonder she was scared. iMOO

Last edited:
On this alley video she seems to be walking with a purpose. The hair doesn't seem to be an issue with me, it could be the lighting in the alley making it look darker. Also maybe a wig? But, now we know for sure that she was in that alley, but the question still remains...why?

On this alley video she seems to be walking with a purpose. The hair doesn't seem to be an issue with me, it could be the lighting in the alley making it look darker. Also maybe a wig? But, now we know for sure that she was in that alley, but the question still remains...why?
And better yet, where did she go and is she ok?
We want to help find her. She may need help and her little boy is heartbroken not knowing what happened to his Mom.

LE didn't release this alley video, it is stated in the program that the footage was provided by a resident to news channel.

Okay after watching this video I noticed something. In the first part of the video, where she is walking away from the camera, she has something in her right hand. In the 2nd part, where she is walking towards the camera there is nothing in her right hand. The reporter mentioned her carrying a mask in the video. Could have also been a dog bag. So which video was first? Did she walk into the alley with something and walk out with nothing or the other way around. Just noticed, probably nothing, but worth a mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker