CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does the dog sitter live??

Dog sitter? I don’t think it’s been established that Heidi uses one. Not all dog owners have one. I didn’t.

That would be good to know if she does have someone she uses regularly, though!

Re: the discussion that the “we wouldn’t want to keep the dog away from a 10 year old boy” statement.

I don’t find this to be unusual in the least. Here is my speculation of what happened:
+ Residents find Seven in the hall/outside the building (unclear which)
+ They immediately find his collar with ID tag and call HP (I am presuming he had a collar / ID tag)
+ They are surprised there isn’t an immediate response - I know I would be
+ They wait a day, then take Seven to the vet to see if he’s chipped. I presume that the vet / microchip company tries to make contact with HP and is again unsuccessful.
+ More time goes by, and they feel no one is claiming the dog
+ They get attached and begin thinking perhaps he will stay with them
+ When JW gets in touch, its been several days. It isn’t remotely surprising to me that the dog-finders might have begun to entertain the idea that they’d keep Seven given no one seemed to claim him

And so, when finally in touch with JW someone quips “Well, we wouldn’t want to keep him from a 10 year old boy!”
Yes, 200% this. JW makes a lot of non-linear statements. I'm all but certain the dog finders said they wouldn't want to keep the dog away from a kid once they found out there was a kid.

Nor should they. This is definitely a multi-layered case. I'm still open to all possibilities. I've followed cases where LE has ultimately made the declaration that the person is no longer considered a MP after making contact with them. It's always a relief to know they're still alive.

MOO.
I read the statement to mean that the Sheriff hadn’‘t investigated because he/she/they thought that Asha was VM.

So let's say that is the case here and I'm hoping it is. If L.E. has had contact with her and they no longer consider her a MP. Would they announce that? How would we find that out? Would they remove her from the MP list?
No they don’t announce it de riguer. It is a privacy issue and right.
They tell the person who filed the MP
Report that they contacted the MP and that the person is Voluntarily Missing, or let’s say VM.
Then the database is changed to reflect that and the status of that reported MP case is moved and noted in the VM row. It’s a statistical record.

…Being a “voluntary” missing person is not a crime. Any adult person can simply walk away, and choose to ignore family, friends, associates and employers. Since this type of behavior is not “criminal”, law enforcement is limited on how they conduct these types of investigations. When facts and circumstances indicate a strong possibility of “foul-play”, or the disappearance is the result of a criminal act, the investigation will continue along such a course….

Last edited:
So let's say that is the case here and I'm hoping it is. If L.E. has had contact with her and they no longer consider her a MP. Would they announce that? How would we find that out? Would they remove her from the MP list?

Found on page 29 of this Missing Persons Guidelines and Curriculum manual (lots of good info, btw)

“When a missing person is found, the agency must report this to the Attorney General’s Office, Department of Justice and shall report it to the other agencies as appropriate, per Penal Code Section 14207.”
http://www.leotrainer.com/tmissperson.pdf

So, perhaps keep an eye on her page on the State of CA, DOJ site.
Heidi Sue Planck

No they don’t announce it de riguer. It is a privacy issue and right.
They tell the person who filed the MP
Report that they contacted the MP and that the person is Voluntarily Missing, or let’s say VM.
Then the database is changed to reflect that and the status of that reported MP case is moved and noted in the VM row. It’s a statistical record.

…Being a “voluntary” missing person is not a crime. Any adult person can simply walk away, and choose to ignore family, friends, associates and employers. Since this type of behavior is not “criminal”, law enforcement is limited on how they conduct these types of investigations. When facts and circumstances indicate a strong possibility of “foul-play”, or the disappearance is the result of a criminal act, the investigation will continue along such a course….

Thanks for the info. I was just curious about how this would be handled. It wasn't my intent to make it sound like we should pry into someones private life. There is just so much that is odd with this case and I was just trying to figure out a possible reason L.E. is being so quiet.

I haven’t seen this before and I don’t know how to post it.
The LAPD posted Heidi’s MP poster info on Twitter Missing in California page on 10/27.
Then if you click thread below that generic post, on 10/29 there is an update post asking that information about her Missing Person case be shared directly with the RHD special Tipline number or email RHD email address noted.
What the heck!
Maybe someone can post that? Seems important to have that escalated.
Thank you!

Thanks for the info. I was just curious about how this would be handled. It wasn't my intent to make it sound like we should pry into someones private life. There is just so much that is odd with this case and I was just trying to figure out a possible reason L.E. is being so quiet.
Oh I totally did not have the impression that you were prying.
I just quoted that from the Investigation site to
show the procedures and how complicated this field is.
Thank you for all you do!
California Justice system is really trying to ramp up effectiveness in MP search and reporting methods and protocols. There has been considerable training the past couple of years. The Pandemic has set everything back a bit., but we’ll catch up.

I haven’t seen this before and I don’t know how to post it.
The LAPD posted Heidi’s MP poster info on Twitter Missing in California page on 10/27.
Then if you click thread below that generic post, on 10/29 there is an update post asking that information about her Missing Person case be shared directly with the RHD special Tipline number or email RHD email address noted.
What the heck!
Maybe someone can post that? Seems important to have that escalated.
Thank you!
Stupid question. What is RHD? My newbiness is showing! LOL

And well the RHD is involved. That’s a big one in terms of hermetically sealed.

Stupid question. What is RHD? My newbiness is showing! LOL
Oh, that’s a great question!
It’s the acclaimed elite Robbery Homicide Division.
They handle cases way beyond the standard District Detectives and coordinate with federal agencies. Their areas are made up of very complex multi disciplinary teams and definitely not limited to Robbery and Homicide at all.

Wow another twist and now even more questions.
Come to think of it again, the RHD involvement may be why the MP report wasn’t posted until the 27th. RHD did the search at her house on 10/29.
This level of investigation for me dispels the drug deal or entertainment work angles, at least.
Those aren’t your ordinary LE detective squad folks.

Found on page 29 of this Missing Persons Guidelines and Curriculum manual (lots of good info, btw)

“When a missing person is found, the agency must report this to the Attorney General’s Office, Department of Justice and shall report it to the other agencies as appropriate, per Penal Code Section 14207.”
http://www.leotrainer.com/tmissperson.pdf

So, perhaps keep an eye on her page on the State of CA, DOJ site.
Heidi Sue Planck
About that site- Can we confirm through that same site that the No Dental Records entry on the files means that they were not located or submitted through Corrections or a Morgue?

About that site- Can we confirm through that same site that the No Dental Records entry on the files means that they were not located or submitted through Corrections or a Morgue?

“The form’s instructions state that if the person is still missing 30 days after the report is made, that the form is to be signed by a family member or next of kin and taken to the appropriate medical authority. The family member or next of kin shall obtain the dental/medical and or skeletal X-rays (includes all such records, including models and photographs) which are in the possession of a dentist, physician, surgeon, or medical facility, and within ten days submit them to the agency with jurisdiction over the investigation.” http://www.leotrainer.com/tmissperson.pdf (Pg 25)

Guess one has to wait til someone’s missing 30 days before you can request medical related records from the doctors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member