Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These investors are a huge source of revenue and if they continue to be investors in subsequent ventures, will a finders fee continue to be sought? Investors are everything to a business. MOO
Arcadian didn’t invest as far as I know. It sounds like they just arranged a marriage between to companies and that was the extent of it, and they believed they were owed a cut of the dowry (so to speak). That was the whole point of the lawsuit. There was a consulting contract but Arcadian didn’t actually provide any services. Maybe it’s a scam because they said they would do things they didn’t do. But the only one that hurts is Arcadian, because who’s going to do business with people with crappy contracts? I also have to believe lawyers are writing these, and not random employees. They deal exclusively in the cannabis space, but I’m not sure it’s as shady as people make it out to be. It’s legal in plenty of places around the world now.

I'm sorry - I should have rephrased that as it reads a bit confusing. What I meant was why in the sense of what reason/s do we think led to the LAPD raid of her home and them taking evidence after only being reported missing a little over a week before.
I was not trying to imply that they didn't or there was no proof of that as I have seen the videos and read the articles but more so what would you think they had found out in the meantime to take such drastic measures. What gave the officers the impression that they might have been walking into a crime scene that night?

And then as far as the Conclusion to JS/SEC...it is my take that his motion to dismiss the civil suit/monies owed was denied but it was not a criminal one or being further investigated. "At this point, it does not look like Sugarman is facing criminal charges himself, with the government instead opting to sue him for the money they allege was stolen for personal enrichment."

They simply decided to civilly sue him as opposed to criminally charge him in 2019 and he tried to get out of the suit but that motion was denied in 2020 so he still had/has to pay them the money they claim he had stolen but that was it. Where is anyone seeing anything saying his involvement (which they already investigated and made a judgment) is still being actively investigated?

My apologies for any misunderstanding. My take away in the raid at Heidi's home is that Federal Agents were involved and not only the local police. If they thought there may be a homicide scene inside, why bring the FEDS?

I have no respect for nor interest in JS unless he is involved in HPs demise.

jmvho

But what if HP was seen to have an indirect connection to the SEC and deemed to be a betrayer? Just MOO
I don’t understand what the SEC has to do with the Arcadian/Cura lawsuit. But looking big picture, yes, she has her hand dipped in a lot of complicated and messy pots. Even tangentially.

I don’t think this has to do with work anymore. It’s possible it involves people she met through work, I just don’t see how the stakes are so high in any of these situations that someone who files paperwork would be need to be killed. I could be wrong though. As we know, money does make people crazy.

My apologies for any misunderstanding. My take away in the raid at Heidi's home is that Federal Agents were involved and not only the local police. If they thought there may be a homicide scene inside, why bring the FEDS?

jmvho
I think reporting about the visit (I’m not even sure it’s right to call it a “raid” at this point) was murky and dramatic at best. They were saying feds and/or LAPD. It doesn’t make any sense. And I’m also not sure there were any expectations about there being crime scene inside the house. IMO.

It's not just a cannabis farm registered to H&F. Looks like there are cannabis investors registered to the 40th floor as well. Lots of cannabis connections in the building. I would agree that the super rich are not living at H&F, but very possible they are using apartments as offices for their startups, etc.

Unfortunately, the cannabis industry is still the wild west because of federal regulations, so it can still be quite shady.

CA state law does not have residency requirements for Medical MJ or Adult-use cannabis businesses.

However, to get a state license you need a local (city or county) permit. Some localities have rules that prohibit non-residents from having license or only allow minority ownership in cannbis businesses for non-residents.

It could be that the apartments are rented out to establish residency for investors?

Don't get me wrong...I love DM and while they can be a great source as sometimes they get stories first or have great pics etc., as far as getting facts straight they are wrong a lot of the time. And they tend to sensationalize everything and border tabloidish reporting...things like "SEC investigating her boss for 43million" "Psychotic behavior, mental illness and drug abuse history" "fraudster boss with connections to Hunter Biden and Gambino crime family" - these are all clickbait and exaggerated headlines, not 100% factual.

There is nothing on the SEC site that says anything other than that they chose to civilly sue JS as opposed to press criminal charges and his "punishment" was to pay back the monies he had stolen which was decided in 2019. He challenged that by trying to get the civil suit dismissed but SEC denied that motion in 2020 saying they had enough evidence that he was deceptive and involved with a certain amount of the money being stolen and used personally and that it still had to be paid back.

But there is nothing further going on we know of and nowhere else saying anything is active other than JW and news that picks up on that and other outlets repeating those claims. So until I have proof/evidence from SEC or serious sources other than JW's mouth and news like DM and The Sun etc. (who also have apparently interviewed him) I am just not believing that is the case MOO.

I prefer to have more news sources, not fewer. Even if there's a yellow tinge to some -- better than being in the dark. Recent experience with US 'mainstreamers' has led me to non-US and non-mainstream sources.

There are more than those two now including it on their sites and I am confident that most of what they are saying is of value. US will likely follow, once they realize the cat is out of the bag.

If the case had been dropped, wouldn't there be something saying so - either on SEC or via JS PR office?

Time will tell.

Exactly, mainstream media care about their reputation as credible news sources, while the Fail and Sun don't.
The Daily Mail has ‘mastered the art of running stories that aren’t true’, Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales says
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/19/daily-mail-jimmy-wales-fake-news-wikipedia-wikitribune.html

I remember the days when the mainstream media in the US was the gold standard. Imo, they are no better than the DM now. Sometimes I will be reading an article that is so poorly written and have the facts wrong, that I double check to see if it is the DM. Nope, it is usually NBC or CBS and their local affiliates.

Moo.

I think reporting about the visit (I’m not even sure it’s right to call it a “raid” at this point) was murky and dramatic at best. They were saying feds and/or LAPD. It doesn’t make any sense. And I’m also not sure there were any expectations about there being crime scene inside the house. IMO.
What kind of documents do you think they were interested in? Reports are they left with documents. MOO

CA state law does not have residency requirements for Medical MJ or Adult-use cannabis businesses.

However, to get a state license you need a local (city or county) permit. Some localities have rules that prohibit non-residents from having license or only allow minority ownership in cannbis businesses for non-residents.

It could be that the apartments are rented out to establish residency for investors?
There has to be cheaper buildings to do this though!

I remember the days when the mainstream media in the US was the gold standard. Imo, they are no better than the DM now. Sometimes I will be reading an article that is so poorly written and have the facts wrong, that I double check to see if it is the DM. Nope, it is usually NBC or CBS and their local affiliates.

Moo.
True, especially as sites like the NY Times and Washington Post require a subscription.

Why would anyone pay for those subscriptions when they can get their news for free? As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

What kind of documents do you think they were interested in? Reports are they left with documents. MOO
I’m honestly not even sure I trust those reports because the whole thing- as reported - doesn’t make a ton of sense. I don’t think we have pictures of them leaving with files? Are there any helpful articles from legit MSM like the LA Times? I see lots of local news orgs and then rags.

IMO The drug Cartels are not going to stay out of the local pot sales, they want a cut and are pretty ruthless in their tactics. LA is known for having gangs with cartel ties. That being said, I have no idea if HP is involved in any drug dealings.

jmvho
How do we know it was FBI? All the uniformed officers were wearing LAPD jackets.

Oh, I know, they went and showed their badges to our source of all info, JW.

JMO

I hadn't thought of that possibility? Do you mean she parked in the underground garage? I was thinking someone hid her car there. Interesting Onni connection.
Wasn't there a concert at the Staples Center that night? I'm thinking the lots around H+ F may have been full and she had to park farther away than she'd planned or wanted to. MOO

Right, but lawsuits like this are not that uncommon after deals. It’s messy. It’s also pocket change to some of these people, and it’s not like it’s their own personal money. It’s business.

I also think that H+F is nice. But it’s definitely not THAT nice (if you’re a kajillionaire in LA). I can’t see any of the key business figures living here.
Agree with this 100%. Someone like JS is more likely to have a place in a Century City high rise or along the Wilshire corridor. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rndy