Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is referenced as JS’ Personal Assistant in the SEC charging docs, instructed to file for a couple of the LLC’s in CA and Nevada.

Can you link where she is referred to as a personal assistant by the SEC? I thought it was someone else they were referring to, before Heidi worked for JS.

Is there any case that people are thinking of, where a person potentially associated through document signatures to a white collar crime conspiracy, has been murdered? A case that would be comparable to Heidi's situation, that is known to have concluded with a person similar to Heidi being murdered and disposed of, potentially, in a landfill or something similar?

The only circumstance that comes to mind, from the perspective of real life criminology, is when someone has stolen a lot of money or drugs from fraudsters. The criminals can't call police or sue, so they take the mafia approach.

But in that case, the thief is at no risk of going to authorities either.

I just would like to see, with poor Heidi being dead and a real person being responsible, theorizing start to come down to earth and deal with the reality of what murder and body disposal involves: not suits and money and signatures and registered corporations (and muffins), but fatal violence and the emotions that provoke it, blood, human fluids and flesh, terror, guilt, and so forth.
I agree. The only cases I can think of involved embezzlement (or accusations thereof) or were ultimately unrelated to business.

She is listed as a manager of JAS 1 (inactive), administrator of Magellan Real Estate (inactive), manager of Gulfstream Capital (inactive), agent of process for Augustus Gardini, manager of Cohiba Corp (NV, changed from Sugarman Family something, I can't recall of the top of my head, to HP in 2019), manager of BMC Holdings (NV, revoked), and controller of Camden Capital Partners.

There are several more that I haven't had a chance to confirm, but that's what I've got at the moment.
Brannd 007 LLC

I agree. The only cases I can think of involved embezzlement (or accusations thereof) or were ultimately unrelated to business.
There's a case in Southern US involving a lawyer who seems to have engaged in insurance fraud, but it's his wife and son who were killed, and they were shot and left on the grounds of their home.

Similarly, the asassinations I've heard of, or even gang violence, bodies are usually just left where they were killed.

Because, if it's the victim's associates, they can lure the victim somewhere, or kidnap them and take them somewhere, or come to their home. Not kill them in a highrise apartment building with innumerable security features and cameras inside and out. And certainly no messy business involving, most likely, body parts and all that entails.

IMO, the probable location of the crime, the disposal of the body, these are the vital parts of an investigation that can't be waved away as irrelevant. IMO, they reveal strong emotions of a deeply personal nature, and someone who is comfortable in dealing with dead bodies. Someone who feels a deeply personal, violent hatred and contempt for HP or women like her. Maybe who likes to hunt, or has a medical background, or is sadistic and doesn't mind hands on body disposal.

Last edited:
She is referenced as JS’ Personal Assistant in the SEC charging docs, instructed to file for a couple of the LLC’s in CA and Nevada.
Are you talking about the in the 2019 SEC Complaint doc against JS where for one example they say
"25. On the day before, January 16, 2014, Sugarman had his assistant ("Sugarman's Assistant") incorporate a limited liability company bearing the Ballybunion name in Nevada" that you think they are referring to HP there or in a different document?

Last edited:
There's a case in Southern US involving a lawyer who seems to have engaged in insurance fraud, but it's his wife and son who were killed, and they were shot and left on the grounds of their home.

Similarly, the asassinations I've heard of, or even gang violence, bodies are usually just left where they were killed.

Because, if it's the victim's associates, they can lure the victim somewhere, or kidnap them and take them somewhere, or come to their home. Not kill them in a highrise apartment building with innumerable security features and cameras inside and out. And certainly no messy business involving, most likely, body parts and all that entails.

IMO, the probable location of the crime, the disposal of the body, these are the vital parts of an investigation that can't be waved away as irrelevant. IMO, they reveal strong emotions of a deeply personal nature, and someone who is comfortable in dealing with dead bodies. Someone who feels a deeply personal, violent hatred and contempt for HP or women like her. Maybe who likes to hunt, or has a medical background, or is sadistic and doesn't mind hands on body disposal.

Or, JUST to play devils advocate, could be just the opposite: a pro hit with no emotion involved. She was set up - a woman alone, on someone else's turf, the perp apparently knew what/how they could do it undetected, soup-to-nuts. Could have been about threat she posed, suspicion of theft, or other - but result was same: order the hit.

Can you link where she is referred to as a personal assistant by the SEC? I thought it was someone else they were referring to, before Heidi worked for JS.
Nope, it’s her. As I recall, it’s for 2 of the LLC’s tangled up in fake funding bonds and shares for the Tribal scam and registered to the Holmes address.
I think or at least I meant to have posted the SEC charges that reference the Personal Assistant back in Thread 2-3 more or less. I’ll be free soon and will repost for you. It’s the same doc that lists the remedies the SEC seeks as punishment for JS.

This is true. Doing it in a building with a lot of unknown variables is messy - and it shows (the dog being out, first and foremost).

Nope, it’s her. As I recall, it’s for 2 of the LLC’s tangled up in fake funding bonds and shares for the Tribal scam and registered to the Holmes address.
I think or at least I meant to have posted the SEC charges that reference the Personal Assistant back in Thread 2-3 more or less. I’ll be free soon and will repost for you. It’s the same doc that lists the remedies the SEC seeks as punishment for JS.
I think though that the scam predated the start of her employment with them. I could be wrong. But based on her linked in? I can’t remember.

I think though that the scam predated the start of her employment with them. I could be wrong. But based on her linked in? I can’t remember.
Correct, the SEC filings that mention JS's assistant are from 2014 and she did not start working there until 2016 so it would have not been her but whoever was before her.

Gosh ... I sure wish they would fine her. The case gets stranger by the minute, she needs to be found and those who harmed her held accountable. Moo

Has LE provided any updates on the search or any other parts of this case?

Are you talking about Murdaugh? If so, his wife and son were killed after his son got out of charges related to a BUI that resulted in the death of a young girl riding with him. After that, there was an "assassination" attempt on him that they're saying was set up by him in order to allow his youngest son to collect his life insurance proceeds without triggering the suicide clause, which is all supposedly related to the fact that he owes a lot of money to different people, including a wrongful death suit related to the questionable death of his former housekeeper.

We think this case is convoluted, that one is so twisted I don't know if I'd ever get it sorted out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member