Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today has been a month now which is just so sad because it seems there have literally been no leads other than the spotting at H+F as being the last known area which has left us with more ?s than answers.

There are many more scenarios/theories, even combinations of ones below and I'm sure I am missing some but I know these have been the main ones discussed. So at this point what are the possibilities of what happened and which are most of you leaning towards with the little we know?

1) JS and/or something job related
2) JW or anyone else she was dating
3) Mental illness/manic/psychiatric episode
7) Overdose/drug deal/meeting gone wrong
4) Witness protection program
5) Started a new life
6) Took her own life
7) Abducted/sex trafficked
8) Completely random - wrong place/wrong time

I very much doubt that JWs accusations are true. There may be a grain of truth like she has a prescription for Adderall but he's not been 100% truthful. He said Heidi is a good mother too. Once again which is it? MOO
Someone abusing substances and/or having mental health issues CAN be a good mother. In the records, he states that he's concerned about the child's safety but wants them to have a relationship.

Today has been a month now which is just so sad because it seems there have literally been no leads other than the spotting at H+F as being the last known area which has left us with more ?s than answers.

There are many more scenarios/theories, even combinations of ones below and I'm sure I am missing some but I know these have been the main ones discussed. So at this point what are the possibilities of what happened and which are most of you leaning towards with the little we know?

5) Started a new life
6) Took her own life

I'm going with 1 or 2.

5) Started a new life
6) Took her own life

One or more of these:
2) JW or anyone else she was dating (not someone she was necessarily dating, but maybe someone she was seeing/spending time with)
6) Took her own life

I have shared my story on a couple of other cases, but not this one yet. However, with the mention of Adderall...

My step-son was prescribed Adderall for ADD. I will say now and forever, I HATE THIS DRUG!!! Within a couple of years, he began to abuse it. He had graduated HS by then and had moved out on his own. We didn't realize he was abusing it until some very concerning signs. His GF at the time asked if we thought he was acting strange, and we saw the signs of a mental break. Within hours, I took him to the doctor and he was diagnosed with Adderall induced psychosis. He had taken so much Adderall, it had become toxic to his system. They flushed his system with a lot of fluids, and he had to go "cold turkey" on the Adderall instead of stepping down. We saw an almost immediate change for the good in him. The doctor warned us that if he used and/or abused Adderall again, we may not get his mind back. 2 years down the road, we unfortunately ended up in the same situation. He began to act strange, not rational. We tried for 6 weeks to get him help to no avail. He was driving to work every day, but there was definitely something wrong!! Long story short, he was abusing the Adderall again. He is now in a facility and we will find out soon if his mind is permanently broken or not. He exhibits signs of schizophrenia including paranoia, hearing voices, and mania. Truth be told, we are not sure if the schizophrenia was there before and he was trying to quiet the voices, or if it was brought on by the abuse of Adderall. Either way, mental health is a crisis in America. It is hard to get help for adults especially because they often times do not think they are sick.
Sending you and your family cyber hugs! What a difficult place to be in. You are right though, many times with mental health it does feel like a chicken or the egg type situation.

5) Started a new life
6) Took her own life
Depending upon the day, even the hour, all of the above o_O

FWIW, I don't get the feeling from Dad that he is "out to get " HP.
Maybe, in his mind- filing for full custody after she fell off the face of the earth was the best thing to do for his child at that time.
maybe he assumed that HP was a danger to not only herself , but others as well at that point. We have to remember, he has been around HP when she has had episodes before. His loyalty at this point is to his child. That doesn't mean that he doesn't care for HP, as a matter of fact, I get the distinct impression that HE DOES care and took steps to show her as a loving parent.

Another thing - it could be that this child prefers living with his father. With mom at work and having a BF that we don't know anything about- maybe dad's house was a better environment for B.

We cannot say with any certainty at all that if HP were to show up, that this father would not help HP facilitate treatment and take steps to allow her to spend time with her son. He does not strike me as that type of person. Of course, this AMOO

JMO MOO

Using Adderall (even illegally) and being a good mother are not mutually exclusive. (Some of the best anesthesiologists and trial lawyers use and abuse narcotics and amphetamines, by way of analogy). JMO.
I agree with you. I'm saying that JW didn't think she was a good mother if she lost custody due to his allegations. MOO

Someone abusing substances and/or having mental health issues CAN be a good mother. In the records, he states that he's concerned about the child's safety but wants them to have a relationship.
Ok my last comment on custody. Losing custody of your only child is HUGE. It would be very traumatic. I understand wanting the best for your child but it seems extreme, controlling, harsh and this is all MOO. I don't think HP and JW had a good relationship at all. I certainly wouldn't be too happy with an ex causing me to lose custody. That is something so severe it would be hard to get over IMO. MOO

Ok my last comment on custody. Losing custody of your only child is HUGE. It would be very traumatic. I understand wanting the best for your child but it seems extreme, controlling, harsh and this is all MOO. I don't think HP and JW had a good relationship at all. I certainly wouldn't be too happy with an ex causing me to lose custody. That is something so severe it would be hard to get over IMO. MOO
But this goes back to a chicken or the egg situation like I mentioned before. She could have been unwell enough to not be able to care for her son, even just temporarily. Should the son be punished for that? Of course then losing custody could exacerbate the mental health issues. It’s a vicious cycle. But at the center of the custody issue is a young boy, NOT HP or JW. It’s about his best interest. Not hers.

Eta I’m a child of alcoholics. They are great parents and were able to care for us. But I do have a strong feeling that children are not responsible for holding their parents together, or for keeping them sober and happy. Parents are adults and in charge of their own problems. I don’t believe a child should have to keep a certain custody arrangement simply because one parent might go off the deep end if it’s changed. That’s not fair.

Unless I’m missing some major development, she hasn’t lost custody. JW wisely petitioned for full custody on an emergency basis when she disappeared. He has full custody for now - it’s basically a formality. Perhaps someone w family law background can explain it better - the temporary order isn’t a ruling on whether she’s fit or unfit. JMO.

Just curious if anyone other than JW thinks HP had mental health issues. Family, friends, co-workers? Did anyone else see her exhibiting a pattern of "abnormal" behavior that would put her son in an unsafe environment? MOO
Yes, that would be good to know but at the same time if you are insinuating that we have really only heard that from JW, which you are correct about, then how did the whole night occur. If it was just JW saying that and LE making the report I would say hell he could have trashed the room (or its a kids messy room), made the whole thing up and maybe she even complied but the fact that the neighbors were the ones that called in saying she was semi-nude and had hopped their fence and was messing with the circuit breaker turning it on and off is another story.

Those are witnesses beyond JW that called LE and made the report. And then as far as if JW was just making these things up and you were not mentally ill why would you check yourself into a psychiatric ward? And any sane person that did would have to act a certain way to stay. You cant just say "hi im not mentally ill and think im fine but would like to check in here for a bit" like thats not how that works so there has to be some validity to it and not JUST what he is saying right?

Amid all the discussion of JW and Heidi's son, no one has mentioned something that I think should be apparent, and that is that the son is probably the absolute best judge of how Heidi was acting leading up to her disappearance. Per custody agreement, he lived with her half of each week. Whatever 'normal' is for Heidi, surely he knew, and he also knew if and when she was not acting 'normal'. Granted, a ten-year-old isn't qualified to diagnose whatever she may be suffering from if she is acting differently than usual, but he knows when something is not 'right'. One thing that struck me early in the reporting of this case, JW stated, and yes, I know for many, a red flag immediately goes up, but JW stated that

He was doing OK until he saw a photo of them the other day - and then he just broke down,” Jim said. “He told me that he just wanted one more time to talk to her. That hurt. That was really painful.”

If that was exactly what their son said, that seems, to me anyway, to suggest that the child was not so much surprised that she had disappeared, but was more surprised by the timing of it. "I want my mom back" seems more likely what a 10-year-old would say than "I wish I could talk to her one more time". Perhaps I am reading far too much into the statement, but it stood out to me, even when it was first reported. I do hope that LE has been able to sensitively talk to their son and maybe gain some insight into her actions and behavior prior to her disappearance. JMO

Friends, family plead for help in locating Los Angeles mother Heidi Planck who vanished after leaving son's football game (nbcnews.com)

Last edited:
I wonder where this is? Taken on June 19th this year.

201400928_10225425057510519_4809088591906734024_n.jpg

Facebook

I'm sorry as I've not closely read the whole thread - so please forgive me if I'm repeating something that hads already been carefully considered.

But one question I really thing needs answering that really needs closer investigation is whether its true that the H & F staff/concierge service recognised or knew Heidi and if so whether they knew where she was going in the building and how frequently. Was she visiting a resident? Did she have access to a rental? Was she using a corporately rented apartment and if so who operated it and for what purpose was she using it? Seems like a critical factor and a clue to her purpose in the building. Or was it simply a random last know destination - which really sounds a bit unlikely?

I do not believe that Heidi left on her own accord however some stuff has me wondering about her financial situation:

• She reportedly made around $140,000 including bonuses (this is before taxes, health insurance deductions, etc.)

• The place she was renting was around $6300/month plus utilities

• She reportedly was paying for half of her son’s private school tuition which was $30,000 on her part

Just with those two expenses that leaves her with around $64,000 and that is before taxes, etc.

Her Poshmark has her selling a bunch of wigs, very expensive wigs, the one I remember seeing she said she paid $1500 for new.

Can a single mother survive in the Los Angeles area on $64,000 (before taxes)?? I’ve looked at her past residences, she has always lived in high end apartments that seem to be a little more expensive than someone with her salary (and who knows what she was making before when she was Sugarman’s assistant, I’m sure not nearly as much as she was making when she disappeared. I don’t know but her lifestyle doesn’t exactly seem to fit with the amount she was making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon