Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just refreshing - this is an unedited ally video with sound and time stamped 18:22-
Sirens. horns and a voice in the background.
I hadn’t realized the backdrop in the moment that Heidi was assaulted and apparently murdered.
Chaos in the streets while the crowds celebrated at the Pepe Aguilar Mariachi concert at Staples.
Video Shows Heidi Planck in Downtown LA

Last edited:
We're over a week into the landfill search and not even The Sun or DM has dropped anything new. Things must really be silent on all fronts right now. Wonder if LE told JW not to give anymore press conferences after he may have unintentionally given away more info than they wanted out there?

Don't know if it is true, or even if they have the authority, but heard rumor on a place that can't be named that LAPD has forbidden air traffic over the landfill site, so we may not get anything unless local stations are closely monitoring the entrance(s) to it. I certainly would have thought that at least the DM would have noted that this was day 10 of what was projected to be a 7-10 day operation, and would have followed up on the story.

Oh wow. I’ve been busy with the end of the semester and I see I have two and a half threads to catch up on since I was last here.. kind of a lot when she still hasn’t been found!! I hope LE find her…

I imagine there will be some LE announcement if they end up calling off the search without finding anything. 7-10 days was a best estimate, I’m assuming, but probably impossible to predict exactly how long it takes to get to and search specific area in landfill. Hopefully the time signals them being careful and meticulous.

I imagine there will be some LE announcement if they end up calling off the search without finding anything. 7-10 days was a best estimate, I’m assuming, but probably impossible to predict exactly how long it takes to get to and search specific area in landfill. Hopefully the time signals them being careful and meticulous.

Also could be that they've already found some, but are completing anyway, looking for 'all.'

And there's a good chance of rain today in Castaic. Rain is also predicted for Monday and Tuesday of next week. I was really hoping they would find her before the winter weather sets in.

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

heidi_planck_cropped.png

California mother Heidi Planck, 39, was last seen leaving her 10-year-old son’s football game in Downey, California on October 17, 2021. She was first reported missing October 20 when she failed to pick her son up from school, and the case was transferred to robbery-homicide investigators on October 29. Hours after she was last seen, her dog was found on the 28th floor of an apartment building in Downtown Los Angeles. Her ex-husband, Jim Wayne, told Dateline he doesn't know how the dog got into the building and doesn't believe Heidi knew anyone in the building. Police have said their investigation led them to the Chiquita Canyon Landfill, about 40 miles northwest of the downtown location where Heidi was last seen.

“Forensic evidence was located inside the building which has led detectives to believe an incident occurred resulting in Planck’s death,” police said. On November 29, Los Angeles police began searching the California landfill for evidence connected to her disappearance. Police said in a statement that they were looking in "a specific area" of the landfill for human remains. Police said there is still no lead on a suspect in what they believe is a robbery-homicide. The excavation operation is expected to take over a week and police warned of a potential “impact on community members who live around the Chiquita Canyon Landfill, specifically the community of Val Verde.” Police asked for tips from anyone who was at the residential building at 1201 S. Hope St., listed online as the Level Downtown Flower building, on or around Oct. 17.

Heidi is described as being 5’3” and weighs 120 lbs, with blonde hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing jeans and a grey sweater, driving a 2017 Grey Range Rover with California license plate “U840X0.” Anyone with information on Heidi’s whereabouts is urged to contact the Los Angeles Police Department, Missing Persons Unit, at (213) 996-1800 or 1-877-LAPD-24-7 (877-527-3247). Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call the LA Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (800-222-8477) or go directly to www.lacrimestoppers.org.

I am not going to link it here, because I am not sure if it qualifies as MSM, and it seems to be largely sensationalism, but Los Angeles Magazine has Heidi's case as their cover story. It doesn't really include any new facts, and has some things reported inaccurately, but you may find it worth a read. JMO

I think it is interesting that the above article gives what we have heard and call the Hope + Flower address and then says "listed online as the Level Downtown Flower building"...maybe I missed that at some point but I just don't remember ever seeing it referred to as anything other than the Hope + Flower buildings that are residences.

Not that it really changes much but after looking up Level you can see it is actually located in the Flower building only and is basically a hotel with furnished suites/extended stay offerings managed by Onni. I would also think that to boast so much security in a residential building that having certain areas designated to people staying for as little as a night would not make me feel very secure. Every luxury highrise with doormen to even just small apt buildings I have lived in did not have areas they rented out nightly nor would allow us to ever list our apts on AirBnB type sites as it is not safe.

I tried to once when I was going to be out of the country for a while and was hoping I could recoup some of my rent with someone else staying there. The building management told me that these sorts of residences don't allow this because it can be a safety threat to the residents and building community to have random people in and out of the building all the time, using its facilities, and having access to communal areas as opposed to a resident having guests visit while they are there. I do not think I would like to know that essentially any person off the street could book a room for a night where I live and would have access to all facilities that I use and pay for as a resident. That makes more sense to me why so much shady stuff goes on in that building and why there have been a lot of issues.

Level Hotels and Furnished Suites - Luxury Hotel & Suites | Level Hotels & Furnished Suites

I think it is interesting that the above article gives what we have heard and call the Hope + Flower address and then says "listed online as the Level Downtown Flower building"...maybe I missed that at some point but I just don't remember ever seeing it referred to as anything other than the Hope + Flower buildings that are residences.

Not that it really changes much but after looking up Level you can see it is actually located in the Flower building only and is basically a hotel with furnished suites/extended stay offerings managed by Onni. I would also think that to boast so much security in a residential building that having certain areas designated to people staying for as little as a night would not make me feel very secure. Every luxury highrise with doormen to even just small apt buildings I have lived in did not have areas they rented out nightly nor would allow us to ever list our apts on AirBnB type sites as it is not safe.

I tried to once when I was going to be out of the country for a while and was hoping I could recoup some of my rent with someone else staying there. The building management told me that these sorts of residences don't allow this because it can be a safety threat to the residents and building community to have random people in and out of the building all the time, using its facilities, and having access to communal areas as opposed to a resident having guests visit while they are there. I do not think I would like to know that essentially any person off the street could book a room for a night where I live and would have access to all facilities that I use and pay for as a resident. That makes more sense to me why so much shady stuff goes on in that building and why there have been a lot of issues.

Level Hotels and Furnished Suites - Luxury Hotel & Suites | Level Hotels & Furnished Suites

BBM. If you read the entire site, Downtown Flower only offers extended stays of 30 days or more, which frankly, would still bother me if I had a lease there. Nightly rates are offered at another of their properties, Downtown Olive, which, I wonder if may be the other residential building that Heidi's RR was found at. If he was truly found outside and brought in, it would not necessarily matter, but I do wonder if the dog was found in the Hope Tower or the Flower Tower, and wonder if the forensic evidence was found in the same tower as Seven.

ETA Distance from Downtown Flower to Downtown Olive is only a half mile, a 3 minute drive, and a 7 minute walk.

Last edited:
I am not going to link it here, because I am not sure if it qualifies as MSM, and it seems to be largely sensationalism, but Los Angeles Magazine has Heidi's case as their cover story. It doesn't really include any new facts, and has some things reported inaccurately, but you may find it worth a read. JMO
I just came here with the idea to post the link and now I might hold off. One of the statements that is interesting is the possibility that the rent on her home - supposedly sold for $1.7 million in 2019 - might appear to be beyond her financial means. I have no idea what rents are like in Los Angeles, but I did look up the property tax records and it is assessed at ~$1.3 million. Since property tax records, at least here in VA, typically have an assessment lower than actual market value, $1.7 might be true. The records don't show online who the owner is. (You have to visit one of the offices in person to obtain that info.) If you look at Google Maps it shows the property under construction in 2019 so a fairly new home.

BBM. If you read the entire site, Downtown Flower only offers extended stays of 30 days or more, which frankly, would still bother me if I had a lease there. Nightly rates are offered at another of their properties, Downtown Olive, which, I wonder if may be the other residential building with a subterranean parking garage that Heidi's RR was found in. If he was truly found outside and brought in, it would not necessarily matter, but I do wonder if the dog was found in the Hope Tower or the Flower Tower, and wonder if the forensic evidence was found in the same tower as Seven.
Yeah I was going off what I saw on hotel booking websites that showed nightly rates listed but who knows! That is a good point to bring up about which one Seven was found in as they both have 28 and 29 floors.

upload_2021-12-9_12-53-8.png

upload_2021-12-9_12-53-55.png

I just came here with the idea to post the link and now I might hold off. One of the statements that is interesting is the possibility that the rent on her home - supposedly sold for $1.7 million in 2019 - might appear to be beyond her financial means. I have no idea what rents are like in Los Angeles, but I did look up the property tax records and it is assessed at ~$1.3 million. Since property tax records, at least here in VA, typically have an assessment lower than actual market value, $1.7 might be true. The records don't show online who the owner is. (You have to visit one of the offices in person to obtain that info.) If you look at Google Maps it shows the property under construction in 2019 so a fairly new home.
I noticed strangely popped up last week a listing and sale to an undisclosed buyer in spring 2019.
Seemed bizarre that it would appear now. Robert Good had the listing. He doesn’t or didn’t seem to he a very active agent. Definitely weird all around.

At this point though there have been videos showing people at the Hope + Flower walking in doors from the parking garage without any sort of key/fob and them opening up directly to the hallway of apartment doors and being able to take stairwells up and down from floor to floor as well with no access issue.

Sometimes I have wondered if HP parked her car somewhere else, for whatever reason (cheaper, to be inconspicuous, not as crowded with concert going on etc.) and instead of entering through the front lobby just walked down through the parking garage, up to a certain floor or was heading there and something happened in the garage and they just let the dog in the building? Typically garages have cameras and they could have caught something on them. Whoever did it left physical evidence there or they came inside and discarded something and were caught on the camera inside as well? Or quite possibly a camera in the garage could have caught a physical attack with an object that then they saw a person enter the building with and leave without so they thought it was deposed of down the trash shoot?

It could have been setup as well where they said to meet in a certain area of the garage for some reason or another and she left Seven on the other side of the door real quick to run out there and something bad happened and they never even saw the dog or knew it was on the other side of the door, or went in to dispose of something and didn't realize the dog belonged to her etc. sooo many things could have happened but after seeing how easy it was to enter the building with absolutely nothing it makes you think of other possibilities of how the dog ended up there with no one noticing?

Also, the parking garage could be why they say 1-5 people may know what happened/be involved. Maybe they saw one person on the footage but could also see there were other people in the car or just thinking there could have been as most cars have 5 seats. They have always said they found evidence in the building but technically that could be the parking garage and/or living area and I guess doesn't really have to just be the inside only?

There are also not very many available apartments in the Hope or Flower building. In such huge towers with so many units its somewhat uncanny that out of the 10 available in the Flower building, one of those is on the 29th floor and in the larger Hope tower, there is actually one on the 28th and one on the 29th out of only 11 in that entire building that someone has recently moved out of. Again, doesn't mean anything but just kind of ironic that out of the entire two buildings full of units and only 21 available that 3 would happen to be from one of the floors Seven was found roaming...

Excuse me- limited access and bad phone issues here now.
Has this been posted? Some half truths and mis statements but new quotes from JW- and info a landfill downtown is being searched
https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog...-bizarre-mystery-of-missing-mom-heidi-planck/

We mentioned it, but I didn't post it, bc I wasn't sure if it is considered MSM. Seems to have several inaccuracies, so not sure I put much faith in the part about LE searching a landfill downtown. I did find it interesting that the first thought JW had in the interview about what happened to Heidi was suggesting a drug deal gone bad. I guess he forgot about the Muffin Man that was so high on his list earlier. JMO

i think you can link that, if it is news and available to public. sun and DM are allowed.

I noticed strangely popped up last week a listing and sale to an undisclosed buyer in spring 2019.
Seemed bizarre that it would appear now. Robert Good had the listing. He doesn’t or didn’t seem to he a very active agent. Definitely weird all around.

I may be wrong, but when it was researched here by some, IIRC, the owner is/was listed as Helms Square LLC, who owns/owned both 3129 and the almost identical house that sits on the same lot. What I did find is that Heidi's house is already listed on Apartments.com, with a note to check back soon for availability.

3129 Helms Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90034 - House for Rent in Los Angeles, CA | Apartments.com

Last edited:
Not a big fan of Nancy Grace and her Crime Stories podcast. But if you can manage to get past her attitude, they spend about half the podcast with both a forensics expert and a SAR person who has searched landfills on her latest episode which covers this case. It is interesting to hear how landfills operate and, in general, how they go about searching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back