Identified! CA - Humboldt Co, Male, "HumboldtANARCHO" T-Shirt (pic), Feb 2018 - Jeremy Vlahos

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Coroner's Office Hopes This T-Shirt Will Lead to Man's ID

cache.php

The Humboldt County Coroner’s Office is looking for information about a T-shirt in the hopes that it will lead to the identification of a man whose body was found on Centerville Beach in late February.

The black shirt had white lettering that read: “HumboldtANARCHO, STATE FREE- HATE FREE – FIGHT BIGOTRY.”

The man’s severely decomposed body was found Feb. 24 about one-quarter of a mile from the mouth of the Eel River, according to a previous new release. An autopsy found that his death appeared to be consistent with drowning.

Release from the coroner's office:
The Humboldt County Coroner’s Office needs the public’s help to identify a male body discovered in late February on Centerville Beach. Efforts to identify the body have so far been unsuccessful. The body was found wearing a black shirt with the following words printed in white: “HumboldtANARCHO, STATE FREE- HATE FREE – FIGHT BIGOTRY”. Anyone with information about where this shirt may have come from or who may have owned it is asked to contact the Coroner’s Office at (707) 445-7242 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.

https://www.northcoastjournal.com/N...ffice-hopes-this-t-shirt-will-lead-to-mans-id

Maybe??

About

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did a little digging around on their fb page and there is a male that is associated with that group that presumably drowned around this time frame. Nothing in MSM with his name mentioned and I don't see an update that the UID has been identified other than for it's pending. Not sure what I should do at this point? Do I call it in?

UPDATE: Preliminary Autopsy Results For Centerville Beach Body

UPDATE: The body has been confirmed as male, but its identity is pending. According to the sheriff's office, preliminary autopsy results show signs of death consistent with drowning.

I did a little digging around on their fb page and there is a male that is associated with that group that presumably drowned around this time frame. Nothing in MSM with his name mentioned and I don't see an update that the UID has been identified other than for it's pending. Not sure what I should do at this point? Do I call it in?

UPDATE: Preliminary Autopsy Results For Centerville Beach Body

UPDATE: The body has been confirmed as male, but its identity is pending. According to the sheriff's office, preliminary autopsy results show signs of death consistent with drowning.

Call it. The pending may mean they know but are waiting confirmation but I'm not sure what it means here. There's not much additional info.

I believe they are waiting for DNA confirmation for Jeremy "Bunny" Vlahos.

Jeremy Dimitri Vlahos aka Bunny's Memorial Bonfire
I wasn't sure if I was allowed to say his name seeing that there is only SM posts mentioning his name? I forgot to mention earlier that a relative has submitted a DNA sample. Does it normally take this long for a match? They may not publicly name him if he committed suicide.

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to say his name seeing that there is only SM posts mentioning his name? I forgot to mention earlier that a relative has submitted a DNA sample. Does it normally take this long for a match?

I questioned the SM aspect too but hoping it's ok in this situation.
I don't know a lot about the DNA process but I do wish it moved a little faster most of the time.

I have seen it take up to a year to get DNA results back. It all depends on the lab it is sent to (if there is a back log) and probably also the quality of DNA, type of DNA submitted, etc. Hopefully it won't take too long since this is a recent case and not a decades old cold case (where the DNA sample may be poorer quality).

I have seen it take up to a year to get DNA results back. It all depends on the lab it is sent to (if there is a back log) and probably also the quality of DNA, type of DNA submitted, etc. Hopefully it won't take too long since this is a recent case and not a decades old cold case (where the DNA sample may be poorer quality).

Yeah, there was a case in MA a couple of years back where the FBI lab took over two years to confirm an identity. It seems like they've been able to cut the backlog since then, but the wait times are still pretty bad.

Geeze, I can understand the delay in older cases and not having much to go on and hope that they can confirm his identity soon (it's pretty obvious who this person is) so that they can lay him to rest. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back