Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 457UFCA, 25-30, in field, Mar'68 - Anita Louise Piteau

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
96c364fb-c1a9-4485-a3fa-e2aa5d422084.jpg

thank you Carl for the photos.. I just bumped into this jane doe tonight... and she looked so familiar it creeped me out!!

Ok this is my Opinion.. I believe that the HS photo in the middle is the jane doe victim herself!!.. and the photo of the guy is her Brother.. and they say ( to mom).. because probably her mom died or left or something happened and the victim kept the photos of her and her brother.. the baby photos look like it would be her in the dress and the others look like the guy.... again My Opinion..

The minute I saw the post mortem photo of the Victim I said to myself this girl is Cuban she looks just like my old friend Arlyn who is Cuban like me.(and we look Italian to a lot of people). When I came here to see if she had a thread I saw these photos I have to honestly say OMG I was blown away the girl in the middle looks like my friend (she is alive though)...(what I am trying to say is I thought the Jane doe Postmortem looked like my friend and when I saw the HS I totally saw the similarities.. that is why I think the jane doe is the girl in the photo!
We are from NYC.. Iam going to contact her and send her the link to look at the photos (hey you never know right?)

Also whoever in LE decided that the purse did not belong to the victim In my Opinion is wrong. I believe it does belong to her.. The victim looks like an older version of the HS girl with tweezed eyebrows and her hair grown out.. you can even tell from the postmortem photos she still has the same texture of thick hair. I would stick with the thought that she is from NY... again all of it My Opinion.

thank you Carl for the photos.. I just bumped into this jane doe tonight... and she looked so familiar it creeped me out!!

Ok this is my Opinion.. I believe that the HS photo in the middle is the jane doe victim herself!!.. and the photo of the guy is her Brother.. and they say ( to mom).. because probably her mom died or left or something happened and the victim kept the photos of her and her brother.. the baby photos look like it would be her in the dress and the others look like the guy.... again My Opinion..

The minute I saw the post mortem photo of the Victim I said to myself this girl is Cuban she looks just like my old friend Arlyn who is Cuban like me.(and we look Italian to a lot of people). When I came here to see if she had a thread I saw these photos I have to honestly say OMG I was blown away the girl in the middle looks like my friend (she is alive though)...(what I am trying to say is I thought the Jane doe Postmortem looked like my friend and when I saw the HS I totally saw the similarities.. that is why I think the jane doe is the girl in the photo!
We are from NYC.. Iam going to contact her and send her the link to look at the photos (hey you never know right?)

Also whoever in LE decided that the purse did not belong to the victim In my Opinion is wrong. I believe it does belong to her.. The victim looks like an older version of the HS girl with tweezed eyebrows and her hair grown out.. you can even tell from the postmortem photos she still has the same texture of thick hair. I would stick with the thought that she is from NY... again all of it My Opinion.

I thought the same thing about the high school photo -- it looks like it could be her (or maybe her sister). And I also assumed that she had the photos with "Mom" on them because they belonged to her mother and maybe her mother passed away. My parents have all of their deceased parents' photos.

I wonder if the color photo is of "John John," since that one seems more recent than the B&W ones. Wonder what could make her leave her son and move all the way across the country without him...

This Jane Doe's DNA is currently in the process of being compared to that of Missing Emily Roberta Richards (Jordan) missing from Chicago, Illinois since 1964. It is rumored that Emily may have traveled to New York with the said boyfriend\husband who also liked to claim he was from there. He was not, he was from Chicago. But by 1966 they were in California, and married. She listed her address in Inglewood, and his was Los Angeles. A tip came in from someone recently, and I was contacted VIA ancestry by the detective's staff. Apparently something from my family tree lead them to the tip being called in. I haven't been given too much information, as the case is open, and DNA is pending and UNT. There are some very odd coincidences, yet things don't add up as well. I love this group, and the efforts that everyone here puts in place to help these Doe's get back their names. Please continue doing all that you do! Your efforts are not unnoticed and are so very much appreciated!

Thanks all and I will keep everyone updated! Please feel free to ask questions and comment.
Amy S

Here's a comparison of Mary Lou Boston and this UID. Mary's DNA is on file. I understand from articles and comments posted in her WS thread that Mary's husband admitted to shooting her at his favorite hunting spot in CA north of Sacramento. Imo, her physical features match for the most part and circumstances certainly raise suspicions. The silver ring with a light blue stone even matches Mary's December birthdate.

The only aspect that excludes Mary matching this UID are the dates. This is major in that you can't be killed 6 mos. after your body has been located. However, it is quite possible that Mary's reported missing date is not accurate or even precise. She was reported missing by her brother in Sept. 1968. This UID was located in March 1968. According to her Doe Network profile "Mary Boston was last seen in Sacramento around September 1, 1968."

My question - Who reported this as her missing date? If her brother last saw or talked to her around that time, that'll most likely exclude Mary but if her husband, the murderer whose honesty rating in my book is about zero, then I don't doubt he could have killed her in March 1968. Six months is not an extremely long time since last speaking to or seeing a relative, especially if separated by a large distance or a controlling no-good-worthless-serial killer-husband. I can't even imagine the hell this poor woman must have lived through as his wife.:(

I wonder if she was killed in March but the husband was able to put off her brother and whomever else might have inquired for a few months before her brother got suspicious and filed the report? Apparently this was a scary dude. Even her children were too afraid to say what they knew so they held the secret for years! I'm hoping the sleuthing skills you all have can help determine the accuracy of the timelines and any other questions that arise as we compare Mary and JD.

Is there any indication of the type of homicide of JD? Was she shot in the back of her head or neck area? Was she found in a location suitable for hunting? Was there a "remote creek" nearby? How certain is Mary's brother about her actual missing date? What, if anything, do her sons remember about when they last saw her?

I'm sure more concerns will come up as you compare. ;)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

Mary Lou Boston

Missing Age. 23 Years
Current Age. 74 Years
First Name Mary
Middle Name Lou
Last Name. Boston
Sex Female
Height. 5' 4" (64 Inches)
Weight. 115 - 120 lbs
Race / Ethnicity. White / Caucasian
Hair Brown
Eyes Brown

#
Circumstances of Disappearance

Mary Boston was last seen in Sacramento approximately September 1, 1968.

Google Maps

~6hrs. 50 mins. - Huntington Beach to Sacramento.

I see there's a Huntington Beach Channel and a Talbert Channel that appear to be within walking distance of Yorktown Avenue and Newland Street. Is this his favorite "hunting spot-Huntington Beach"? Can you huntmthere? Did Silas and/or Mary have any connection to Huntington Beach? Work? Play? Family? Etc.?

UID location -
CITY FOUND:
Huntington Beach
LOCATION FOUND: Field near Yorktown & Newland, Huntington Beach, CA
DEATH CLASSIFICATION: Homicide
#

Mary Lou Boston – The Charley Project

Her brother reported her missing; he stated in the police report that Mary's disappearance was extremely uncharacteristic...

Snip

Mary was married to Silas Duane Boston at the time of her disappearance. Her brother stated Silas acted "nervous and jittery" when Mary disappeared, didn't report his wife missing and said he didn't want to get involved.

Snip

In December 2016, at the age of 75, Silas was charged in a double homicide committed at sea in 1978. Federal agents were investigating him as a suspect in Mary's disappearance when one of Silas's sons told them that as a thirteen-year-old, he'd witnessed his father murder two British tourists and throw them overboard in the Caribbean Sea.

Snip

Silas allegedly bragged to others about shooting Mary to death and burying her body at an undisclosed location. He told one traveling partner that he'd shot Mary twice as she begged for her life, then buried her body near a remote creek in nothern California.

Snip

Foul play is suspected in Mary's case due to the circumstances involved.
#

CA - CA - Mary Lou Boston, 23, Sacramento, 26 Sep 1968

I copied portions of two comments regarding Mary's case. -

1. Steph54
While investigating the missing person case of Mary Lou Boston, Sacramento Police Department discovered that her then husband, Silas Duane Boston, was responsible for several murders.

Snip

As for the 1968 disappearance of his first wife, Sacramento Police Department have witness statements that Silas admitted to driving Mary Lou to one of his favorite hunting locations, told her to run and shot her in the back of the head. When the first shot did not kill her, he shot her at close range. Published accounts of the crime vary as to whether he buried her or left her in a creek bed that eventually collapsed over her remains.

2. Daisy chains
Silas Boston told the man that he “was unsure if he hit her in the back of her skull or the base of her skull but the shot didn’t kill her,” the complaint states. The man said Boston told him he approached his wife as she pleaded for her life – asking “What about the kids?” – before Boston delivered the fatal shot. Authorities said Boston told the man that he was left with blisters on his hands from burying her."
#

Mary was born December 4, 1944. Light blue birthstone.

Orange County, California - 68-00745-C
JEWELRY: Silver ring with light blue square stone

december-birthstone-real.jpg

beige-birthstonechart-768x768.png

This Jane Doe's DNA is currently in the process of being compared to that of Missing Emily Roberta Richards (Jordan) missing from Chicago, Illinois since 1964. It is rumored that Emily may have traveled to New York with the said boyfriend\husband who also liked to claim he was from there. He was not, he was from Chicago. But by 1966 they were in California, and married. She listed her address in Inglewood, and his was Los Angeles. A tip came in from someone recently, and I was contacted VIA ancestry by the detective's staff. Apparently something from my family tree lead them to the tip being called in. I haven't been given too much information, as the case is open, and DNA is pending and UNT. There are some very odd coincidences, yet things don't add up as well. I love this group, and the efforts that everyone here puts in place to help these Doe's get back their names. Please continue doing all that you do! Your efforts are not unnoticed and are so very much appreciated!

Thanks all and I will keep everyone updated! Please feel free to ask questions and comment.
Amy S

Hi, Amy! Thanks for this information. Have you received any updates on the DNA match? I don't see Emily listed as a rule out for Jane Doe. Perhaps they're still testing? TIA

I wonder if Mary Lou Boston's son posts here? He was very involved on the EAR/ONS Proboards. There might be some more information about her murder on the Silas Duane Boston thread(s) over there if anybody feels like digging.

I wonder if Mary Lou Boston's son posts here? He was very involved on the EAR/ONS Proboards. There might be some more information about her murder on the Silas Duane Boston thread(s) over there if anybody feels like digging.

Thanks for the suggestion, annemc2. What are the EAR/ONS Proboards? I'm interested in having a look.

Tried to pm b/c I'm never sure what's allowed to be linked but it wouldn't go through. So I'll just post and delete if there's any problem. The thread, I believe, is called "Silas Duane Boston." I can help find it later after more coffee if you'd like! Home | The East Area Rapist (EAR) Original Night Stalker (ONS) Golden State Killer

<modsnip - discussing PMs>

Tyvm for this link and the offer to help further. I'll see what I can find and let you know if I need to take you up on that. I'll take some if that coffee though. :p Haha

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason that link does not work for me. Iam reposting it because it has another photo of her. I noticed how they put her lipstick on makes her lips look smaller but if you look closer she seems to have fuller lips
Vanished: Orange County's Most Infamous Cold Cases - Jane Doe

She was white or Latina, between 20 and 30 years old, with dark, shoulder-length hair. Investigators believe she was from the East Coast because some of her clothing was distinctive and only made in upstate New York. She was wearing an inexpensive silver ring with a light blue stone.

I came to this thread tonight because I came across a Diane Arbus of a woman that reminded me alit if this Jane Doe. Diane was known for taking photos of people everywhere. I am posting the link along with the photo. Don’t know who the woman is as there is no info. But just reminded me so much of her. Dianes woman’s eyebrows are obviously painted I. But still.
Diane Arbus: American Portraits | Memo Review

Last edited:

Attachments

• 3E8318AA-3E6F-4168-8B0A-9E5ABCD2752B.jpeg
    3E8318AA-3E6F-4168-8B0A-9E5ABCD2752B.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 7977BD3C-D84D-46AB-855D-0E29DFE1F636.jpeg
    7977BD3C-D84D-46AB-855D-0E29DFE1F636.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 36

Members online

Online statistics

Members online