Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So they took the kids out of school all week? Around here we don’t get the week off before Thanksgiving.

Whose family? I had assumed his family but no one seems to be local except the Uncle.

I did some googling on bus transportation from the stadium to Concord, and there are some shuttle bus companies that operate primarily on game days for reasonable ticket costs. So maybe the bus thing isn't completely strange. The Uber/Taxi options are quoted between $95-$170, so a bus fare would definitely be the better financial option.

253B50F4-0CA2-408D-8067-269798FBF535.jpeg
I did some googling on bus transportation from the stadium to Concord, and there are some shuttle bus companies that operate primarily on game days for reasonable ticket costs. So maybe the bus thing isn't completely strange. The Uber/Taxi options are quoted between $95-$170, so a bus fare would definitely be the better financial option.

The shuttle buses I took at a stadium require you to pay in advance. The driver was not allowed to take payment. This might be a different setup, their hotel was 50 miles in Concord near “family”.

View attachment 155764

The shuttle buses I took at a stadium require you to pay in advance. The driver was not allowed to take payment. This might be a different setup, their hotel was 50 miles in Concord near “family”.

Well that information leaves me scratching my head again. This story is strange. Agree with those who posted earlier about the call at 10pm and what was said being important. Hope he shows up safe!

I normally don’t ride busses (particularly at night), but I have been to some big football games in Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa, etc and when it’s a game and many/most leaving the game are taking public transportation, it feels a little safer when you are going with the crowd from the game. I’ve ridden the Marta in Atlanta to/from the Falcons game before and ridden it at another time and it was a very different experience when you were with tons of other fans vs just a random time on a random day.

I don’t really understand leaving her boyfriend without going to the police first, but if she had the option somehow to hop on a bus with other fans leaving the area and felt it was her only option to get home, I guess I could understand it in this scenario.

Sadly we've seen so many cases in recent times of young men being intoxicated and ended up drowning in nearby water - i hope this isn't the case with Ian. It seems so strange why he didn't return to his seat after visiting the restroom, even if he was so drunk why would he leave the stadium?

He was last seen coming out of the bathroom...
If he went outside the stadium, he probably wasn’t allowed back in. No re entry.

Great point. This is confirmed in the Stadium A-Z Guide on the Levi's Stadium website:

RE-ENTRY POLICIES
Re-entry is not permitted at any Levi’s® Stadium event. In case of emergency, guests can contact the ticket scanner and/or security supervisor at the nearest gate.

(And more notable info from the guide):

LOST AND MISSING PERSONS
For lost or missing person, please notify Levi’s® Stadium personnel or call Stadium Operations at 408-673-2100. [...]

Stadium A-Z Guide - Levi's® Stadium

:eek: No way would I take a bus with kiddos at night but the girlfriend may be familiar and/or comfortable taking a bus. I would be more apt to call a cab or something. I hope Ian is safe and gets back to his family soon!
I'm wondering, did she even check the parking lot for their car? According to reports, the car was still in the spot where it was originally parked. I take it she didn't have a set of keys with her?She had her cell phone, why not call for a locksmith to open it, if she didn't have her keys? Better yet, why not call the cops right there and then?

Could he have gone to the bathroom and then forgotten where his seats were? But then why go outside the stadium no re entry) and not wait by the car unless he forgot where the car was?

I dont know what to think. If it were me I'd have called for help immediately that he was missing, but maybe she had a reason not to (?)

Do we know how much he had to drink ? Not blaming him, just curious if he could have gotten lost.

If she is not from the area I cannot imagine taking a bus or even knowing what bus to get on. ....at night... with kids... Plus I woudln't want to leave my husband there or lost.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back