CA CA - Ilene Misheloff, 13, Dublin, 30 Jan 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wells Middle School has dedicated their brand new library to Ilene with a pretty gold plaque in a case!! Her parents were there tonight, but I didn't get a chance to talk to them.

It's great to hear she is still remembered!

Wells Middle School has dedicated their brand new library to Ilene with a pretty gold plaque in a case!! Her parents were there tonight, but I didn't get a chance to talk to them.
Going to try to post a pic or two of them:
1426605_10151704102581612_1887347781_n.jpg
1458706_10151704102766612_646424284_n.jpg

The Misheloffs are in the center, with the blue & white ribbons.

Several classmates reported seeing Ilene walking alone on Amador Valley Boulevard near Village Parkway and the Shamrock Shopping Center in the afternoon. According to the police, Ilene was taking a shortcut home, going through a wide alley behind a shopping center, a furniture store called the Sawmill, and Gallagher’s Pub, then across the boulevard and through John Mape Park along a dry creek bed. Ilene was carrying a dark blue backpack at the time of her disappearance. The backpack was later found abandoned in the creek bed in John Mape Park near where she was last seen. Because the backpack was discovered in an area after it had already been searched; authorities believe someone may have placed it there on purpose.

The investigation into Ilene’s disappearance has never stopped. The reward currently stands at $100,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for Ilene’s disappearance.
Further information regarding the candlelight walk may be obtained from the Ilene Misheloff Recovery Center by phone at (925) 829-3810 or from Ilene Misheloff’s official website. more at link: http://www.arounddublinblog.com/201...h-anniversary-ilene-misheloffs-disappearance/

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_24989029/candlelight-walk-and-vigil-be-held-thursday-dublin

For Ilene's parents, it has been a 25-year struggle to deal with the day-to-day emotional terror of having a missing child, while trying to find effective ways to help raise awareness about her disappearance while still taking care of life's other responsibilities. The couple has two other children, who are now fully grown, and a grandchild. They say the community response has helped them work through their pain as best they can.

But both Maddi and Mike say they feel just as frantic and distraught as they did when they first learned their daughter was missing. They desperately want answers, and those intense feelings have dominated their thoughts every day -- for the more than 9,000 days since Ilene's abduction.

"When she was first taken, the skating rink put together a fundraiser for her, and it was going to take place in five weeks. She had only been gone 24 hours, which is longer than I thought I could live through, and I remember thinking: 'There's no way she's going to be gone that long. She can't,'" Maddi recalled. "The five weeks came and went, and now here we are 25 years later."

Bumping for Linask

Been reading up on this case and did not know she was your cousin... :( ((((hugs))))

I may have discovered one or more UID's that could be Ilene. Please look at Namus cases #7672, 906, and 3838 and tell me if you think any of them could be Ilene. I think 7672 has strong facial similarities to Ilene. Don't know how to post the sketches here to compare.

Okay, I'm encouraged! As of now, the match I submitted to the Orange County Coroner for Ilene from the Namus UID database has NOT been excluded as Ilene!! The woman I spoke to at the Coroner's office said it would only take a week to post the exclusions (meaning people who have been ruled out as this UID). A positive can take 4-6 weeks, I'll keep checking back, but this could be her!!! I think the dental work is gonna be the make it or break it. My DD remarked that the sketch even has the acne scars in the right places!!

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7672

This is the case I think could be her. There is a tiny sketch up in the left corner. 36 others have been ruled out. Ilene hasn't so far, keep your fingers crossed...:crossfingers:
Trying something here:
attachment.php

Attachments

• sketch_Ilenepossibility.png.jpg
    sketch_Ilenepossibility.png.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 186
Oh that's Andrea Doe. Her thread's over here.

That reconstruction looks a lot like Ilene. The one made using her PM photo doesn't so much. Still, it would be fantastic to see both of these cases resolved.

Oh that's Andrea Doe. Her thread's over here.

That reconstruction looks a lot like Ilene. The one made using her PM photo doesn't so much. Still, it would be fantastic to see both of these cases resolved.

Thanks for pointing the thread out. Just got through it. Nothing in it makes me disbelieve it could be Ilene. According to NamUs, Ilene has not to this date been excluded as a match to her. And "Andrea" could just be a name assigned to her as much as Jane.

Bumping this thread for two reasons: 1) It's been 11/2 weeks since I contacted the O.C. coroner's office, and they haven't updated Namus Case #7672 and ruled Ilene out. 2) Just yesterday, one town up there was an attempted kidnapping of a 13-year-old girl, middle schooler walking home - just like Ilene, and also tried to pull her into a white van- also like in Ilene's case...:eek:

Did the contact you have at NamUs say if Andrea Doe had braces? (Since Ilene had them when she went missing) I liked when NamUs would show the public the dentals for the UID's. I do see a resemblance between Ilene and Andrea Doe. I remember for awhile we thought Andrea Doe was Aundria Bowman, but she has been ruled out.

Did the contact you have at NamUs say if Andrea Doe had braces? (Since Ilene had them when she went missing) I liked when NamUs would show the public the dentals for the UID's. I do see a resemblance between Ilene and Andrea Doe. I remember for awhile we thought Andrea Doe was Aundria Bowman, but she has been ruled out.

What she told me was that the UID had "PFM jackets" on her teeth, which are crowns. I don't know what other dental work Ilene may have had done, but it's possible she saw a dentist/orthodontist in the year since she was gone...
(Ilene's parents live two blocks away from me, but I moved here after she disappeared, so I'm not close enough to them to ask them, and I don't want to dash their hopes if it's not her.) That's another reason why I contacted Orange County rather than Dublin P.D.

Here's hoping we know/learn something in a couple of weeks!:crossfingers:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back