GUILTY CA - Israel Ledesma-Moreno for kidnap of 3yo boy, San Bernardino, 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi LawRig, I had the same thought, that either he is a very serious little guy or didn't feel good upon his return.

(snipped for space , respectfully)

Hopefully that sad serious look will turn into a happy one as he heals and then as he gets over the trauma he has been thru.

I hope so too, that they get him back on his feet healthwise, and hopefully being with mom will put the sparkle back in his eyes. One of the worst imaginable things a kid can fear is being "taken" from his mom/dad/home.

it hurts my heart to see his little face so "scrunched".

(respectfully snipped for space)

one of the primary causes of pancreas infections is bruising to the abdomen.

I really dont want to think he was struck by his abductors, inappropriately drugged, or otherwise mistreated. Its a much more comfortable supposition to consider it was from an infectious source such as less than sanitary water suplly or similar agent.

listed causes:
Certain drugs, including azathioprine, sulfonamides, corticosteroids, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and antibiotics such as tetracycline
Infection with mumps, hepatitis virus, rubella, Epstein-Barr virus (the cause of mononucleosis), and cytomegalovirus
Abnormalities in the structure of the pancreas or the pancreatic or bile ducts, including pancreatic cancer
High levels of triglycerides (fats) in the blood
Surgery to the abdomen, heart, or lungs that temporarily cuts off blood supply to the pancreas, damaging tissue
Hereditary diseases, such as cystic fibrosis
Injury to the abdomen

Hee Hee, we were both out Sleuthin' LOL

What I read said as well that blunt force trauma causing injury to the abdomen is the main cause for this illness in children. And they followed that saying even in domestic abuse situations. I'll see if I can find this good chart of causes I found. xox

Forget that! LOL It is lost now but on some health site. xox

the pancreas can also be easily inflamed with a bout of gastroenteritis... if they were in mexico and he was drinking the water, etc, that makes nurse sense to me... I am sure he will pull out of it with flying colors. I am still stunned that he was found unharmed and so VERY HAPPY!

Thanks for your insight nursie, I figured you could lend a professional perspective :)

He doesn't have any visible injuries that have been mentioned.

The thing that concerns me is the difference in his facial expressions.
the father says he is still the same "happy jokester" but look at this poor baby's face when he is photographed after returning. He looks worried, stressed, haunted. His poor little eyebrows have an angle that should never be on a child. what a terrible thing to have done to a little one. They stole his security. I am sure he's had a rough time, the bruises to his little spirit show in his face now, and he doesn't look like the same kid, expression-wise.

Every momma in this country should want to cuddle and hug this little guy.

This boy is just adorable whether he has his long curls or no hair at all. What a cutie. I wonder if he will want to grow his hair out again or keep it buzzed like it is now.

I think he was just overwhelmed by it all and then all the attention he was getting with the media being there. He really probably doesn't even really understand what happened to him but he did have his arm wrapped around his mom's neck and I thought it was so cute when he gave the policeman a high five.

Briant.....you made it sweetie and are now back home again with your mom and dad. What a beautiful ending.

imo

Kidnapped 3-year-old back home

A few snips from article
>Following two weeks in captivity and a four-day hospital stay, 3-year-old Briant returned to his San Bernardino home Wednesday afternoon to a small but festive homecoming party, where Mexican banda music blared as he played rambunctiously in the backyard with his siblings as parents and relatives sat in circles closeby.

>His mother said the boy used to take great pride in his long curly locks. Millan said she had previously vowed to a patron saint from her husband's hometown in Petatlan Guerrero, Michoacan, to let her son's hair grow until the saint helped her family became legally documented in the U.S.

>Briant has fully recovered from an inflamed pancreas, caused by not properly eating or drinking for two weeks, according to his mother.
http://www.pe.com/localnews/sbcounty/stories/PE_News_Local_S_briant21.4b21610.html?ocp=1#slcgm_comments_anchor

Since the authorities know why this family was targetted, I hope they eventually decide to let the public know and also make sure the family changes any problems if it was drug or gang related to anyone they know. If it was the kidnapping stuff that's creeping quickly from Mexico into the U.S. then people need to know. There have been three killings in various parts of my town this past week, all related, and most likely drug or gang involvement in adults, not even teens. This sort of thing is going to become a bigger problem than it has been in the past if something isn't done to stop it.

thank you for posting the video link,

I feel so much better seeing his laughing face, with his family

he's one of the ver very lucky ones, and I am so thankful for that.

Thanks Tomsgirl, seeing his face full of joy made me smile very big this morning :)

From last month:

http://www.inlandnewstoday.com/story.php?s=37477

The last defendant in the kidnapping of a 3-year-old boy from his home in Highland six years ago has been sentenced.

A Superior Court judge gave Israel Ledesma-Moreno 4 years credit for jail time already served when a 20-year prison term was ordered. Moreno pleaded guilty to charges of kidnap and robbery. Five others counts were dismissed.

Moreno’s accomplice was killed in Mexico several months later and charges against a woman were dismissed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncorliss52
Back