GUILTY CA - Israel Ledesma-Moreno for kidnap of 3yo boy, San Bernardino, 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have just finished reading the thread and did not see this thought mentioned.

Many times people of Hispanic origin, who have come across the border with the help of "coyotes" (human smugglers), and cannot pay for their passage, will be kidnapped until the money owed is paid. This is especially problematic in the Southwestern states, although I have seen/heard of it happening all over the country.

Say a person crosses illegally with the assistance of a coyote for a price (passage fee). Oftentimes, that passage fee includes transportation to wherever in the US that illegal may have family. The illegal pays a partial sum up front for the passage, and a promise is made to pay off the balance after they have acquired work.

If they do not make the payments as promised (usually expected within weeks), the coyote will send one of his henchmen to kidnap the illegal, or someone from his/her family until such time as the passage fee is paid in full. Sadly, though, the kidnapping often ends in a homicide.

It would be interesting to know if anyone in little Briant's family recently came across illegally. It might have even been someone who gave Briant's family's address and do not even live in the home. Briant's family would then be considered the illegal's "sponsor" and, in the eyes of the coyote, would then be responsible for the payment of the passage fee.

Just a thought.

I have just finished reading the thread and did not see this thought mentioned.

Many times people of Hispanic origin, who have come across the border with the help of "coyotes" (human smugglers), and cannot pay for their passage, will be kidnapped until the money owed is paid. This is especially problematic in the Southwestern states, although I have seen/heard of it happening all over the country.

Say a person crosses illegally with the assistance of a coyote for a price (passage fee). Oftentimes, that passage fee includes transportation to wherever in the US that illegal may have family. The illegal pays a partial sum up front for the passage, and a promise is made to pay off the balance after they have acquired work.

If they do not make the payments as promised (usually expected within weeks), the coyote will send one of his henchmen to kidnap the illegal, or someone from his/her family until such time as the passage fee is paid in full. Sadly, though, the kidnapping often ends in a homicide.

It would be interesting to know if anyone in little Briant's family recently came across illegally. It might have even been someone who gave Briant's family's address and do not even live in the home. Briant's family would then be considered the illegal's "sponsor" and, in the eyes of the coyote, would then be responsible for the payment of the passage fee.

Just a thought.

Hi Cleo, It certainly is a viable possibility in fitting with the local So Ca Latino culture. And basically simple - not too complicated of a motive. With the statement made to the Mother that they were taking him back to Mexico and kill him, they made a point of sending a powerful message to or thru this family, didn't they? xox

I just hope he is in safe keeping tonight. How far is it to the Mexican border?

Hi Cleo, It certainly is a viable possibility in fitting with the local So Ca Latino culture. And basically simple - not too complicated of a motive. With the statement made to the Mother that they were taking him back to Mexico and kill him, they made a point of sending a powerful message to or thru this family, didn't they? xox

I just hope he is in safe keeping tonight. How far is it to the Mexican border?

It's only 120 miles to San Ysidro,CA the Border crossing for Tijuana. MX..So, about a 2 hour drive. Phoenix, AZ is the Capital for ransom kidnappings right now, so you know it's going on everywhere. This just sounds too much like a ransom kidnapping to me, whether it is for drugs, or an illegal crossing...The Mother might not have known what was going on, but the way the Father was sitting with his head down in the back yard, refusing to speak...HE knows something. IMO

It's only 120 miles to San Ysidro,CA the Border crossing for Tijuana. MX..So, about a 2 hour drive. Phoenix, AZ is the Capital for ransom kidnappings right now, so you know it's going on everywhere. This just sounds too much like a ransom kidnapping to me, whether it is for drugs, or an illegal crossing...The Mother might not have known what was going on, but the way the Father was sitting with his head down in the back yard, refusing to speak...HE knows something. IMO

Yes Dolly, I have been thinking exactly the same thing as I ponder more about this crime. The father, so deflated in agony, the mother too, maybe sensing his despair that she had to lean on the car to support herself.

Something all about that which now needs to be discovered by the investigators. I am so glad to have listened to the strident gentleman from the Endangered Children Assn this afterenoon. He said the San Bernadino police were on it, thinking of not further endangering the boys life but working feverishly to try and find him to bring him home. I felt passion in that man's words and have to hold onto that now and pray this little guy can be found safe and sound.

Miracles do happen. I think of the child abducted out of Las Vegas {I think, or Reno - maybe No Ca ;} Oh, it was near Yreka, Ca.;}, and how some workers nearby heard about her, started searching and lo and behold, found her walking down a rural road on the outskirts of town.

SORRY...can't edit post..i don't think that's him!!!my bad!

Hi Awgoblin and WELCOME to Websleuths. To edit just click on your EDIT button bottom right hand corner. Make your changes and when you are satisfied click on 'save' at the bottom and voila, c'est finis! xox

Interesting. He is the only child from a different union? Does that mean that he's the son of the father and mother that are together now, or he is from a different father?

I think it's something the father did. I really, really do. It's payback... he's involved in something shady.

I think it has to do with a gang related debt or something...

--------------------------------------

Maybe I am having an off night, but walkie talkies?
Do thieves, robbers, kidnappers use walkie talkies?

Don't they usually bring in other channels?
Seems odd?
Other men outside who are told to kill anyone coming by?
It is a Sunday afternoon. Anyone could be out and about in the neighborhood.
You go to rob a house, you would just go in, grab the cash, valuables, and leave. At least, that is what I think they would do.
They take a cell phone and cash out of the mom's pocket. ?
Home invasion in a not rich neighborhood, on a Sunday afternoon, with a mom and 5 kids at home? With at least 3 men, and no one sees a car or hears a car and no one sees these men?
And it was reported they were tied up with red tape. Red tape? What kind of red tape? Don't most robbers use duct tape? Is this something new?
IMHO:
It just does not add up to me.
Why does this whole thing seem odd to me?
Like I said, maybe I am having an off night.

Although not as popular as digital phones these days older model 'radio telephones' are much cheaper to purchase and usually to use. As transmissions are automatically on speaker, it would be really easy for a youngster to confuse them with walkie talkies.

Alternately, if both guys had their cell phones on 'speaker' that could easily be confused as walkie-talkies by an 8 y/o.

Wow Phoenix is, wow...I live in Tucson. Scarey, going to read up on it now. Thanks for the info. Okay AZ people if true, it has to stop now!

And DPM, I am trying to understand the press and stricken families. I am going to give the father tonight. It's hard to have a child missing. Just if it happened to me. I think everyone in these cases have realized from the media, that talking isn't necesarily doing them much good. NG, JVM, shows will be outdated with new factual information. Okay, dreaming again....thanks for your post to remind me.

I found the older brothers name and his myspace is not private..can't tell if he's a wannabe gangsta but he says he's "high as a kite"..
http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_12288966

this is him...i think...there is a pic with him and his cousin in his myspace photo pics...she left a message on this pic...and here is her myspace and she makes mention of briant on her front page....SiLLiE[.NASty.LOvE] [BRiANt RAMiREz]HOPiNG y0U GEt G0 H0ME SAFEtLy EvERyB0Dy MiSSES y0U!N0B0Dy xPECtED 4 tHiS 2 HAPPEN t0 y0U.JUSt WiSHiNG 4 WH0EvER HAS y0U t0 tAkE y0U HOME SAFE

photo bucket account for cousin http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk255/lunac416/106-1.jpg

im thinking they took mom's cell phone for her contact info and phone numbers...perhaps looking for someone they know....

i pulled this from the cousins myspace comments from ESA CLMSY comment

May 4 2009 4:47 PM

family against family ****
crazy *advertiser censored** s*i* though

i thought is was interesting....

I heard about this from Myspace's Amber Alert.

I think there are two highly likely situations. 1 being the drug cartel theory, and the other being MS 13 related. I know someone commented that it isn't typical of gangs to kidnap a child after robbing a home, I thought the same thing. However, maybe it was part of a gang initiation? A test of some sort, taking things from a home wouldn't really be enough because you could get that anywhere...but a child is another story. Also, maybe one of his siblings/relatives was trying to get out of a gang...which would definitely warrant retaliation...especially if it was his father?

? I saw someone mentioned that Briant was from another union....was this confirmed anywhere? I didn't see it in any articles but its late and I should have signed off hours ago =)

Interesting. He is the only child from a different union? Does that mean that he's the son of the father and mother that are together now, or he is from a different father?

I think it's something the father did. I really, really do. It's payback... he's involved in something shady.

The fact that he was the ONLY child from a different union stuck out at me too!

Nancy wasn't too clear on that but I'd assume that since he is the baby of the family, then he is probably the child of _the father in the household_.

Of course, he may have been taken only because he was the smallest but I had thoughts of this having something to do with the father also.

I sure hope they get him back safe. He is a beautiful little boy.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ggYLNzSlDdR3XvGrwwcVeTkaM2DAD9803KE03

5 minutes ago

No ransom demand, no motive in SoCal abduction

...They grabbed my kid, told me 'I'm going to take the kid to Mexico and I'm going to kill him,'" the distraught Millan said in Spanish to reporters gathered in her front yard Monday night. "I said 'Why? Don't take my kid,' and he told me to 'turn around, I'm going to shoot you. Stop talking...

...It's horrifying," sheriff's Lt. Rick Ells said. "I don't think I could impress on you how rare a kidnapping like this is."...

..."Our keys were inside our car, cause we were about to leave," 14-year-old Benjamin Barasa told KNBC-TV. "So they couldn't find them, so they got mad. They took my little brother. He didn't know what was happening so he wasn't crying."...

Check out the comments on this page

"Family against family . Crazy azz though."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member