CA CA - Jackson Miller, 19, Cupertino, 15 May 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His family created a Find Jackson FB a while ago. I haven't had a look at it in a while now but he seems to be loved and missed by many.

I never read anything about his sexuality so I can't say anything about that. The thought has crossed my mind though in the years following his case.

His parents seem to be very open about his struggles with mental health. It was thought that he jumped from the Golden Gate first but they didn't see anyone jumping that day and the days after and there haven't been any bodies that were identified as Jackson either.

According to the sightings in the days after his disappearance, he was seen in San Francisco looking and acting confused.

I do think there's a chance he could still be alive and living as a homeless person somewhere, maybe not even in the SF Bay Area anymore. Or he harmed himself sometime after vanishing and has never been found.

It's been so long...

do you know if he'd ever had psychotic breaks before? perhaps his mental illness progressed into full-blown schizophrenia or something

I can't remember ever reading something about a psychotic break, schizophrenia etc. in Jackson's case. I know he'd been suffering from depression, anxiety and OCD though.

Unlike in some cases, I do think that Jackson's family didn't ignore the fact that he'd been having serious mental health problems. Maybe they didn't want to see all of it but they are very open about it and don't seem to try to sugarcoat.

I can't remember ever reading something about a psychotic break, schizophrenia etc. in Jackson's case. I know he'd been suffering from depression, anxiety and OCD though.

Unlike in some cases, I do think that Jackson's family didn't ignore the fact that he'd been having serious mental health problems. Maybe they didn't want to see all of it but they are very open about it and don't seem to try to sugarcoat.

And that's super admirable. His family seems great, honestly. I wish there was more people could do :/

I just wanted to answer a few questions that I just read in this thread for the first time.
First of all, whether we should be looking amongst the gay community:
We are not leaving out any possibility. However, from Jackson's family and all of his close friends' points of view, there was never any indication that Jackson was anything but heterosexual.
Secondly, questions about his mental health:
The family has revealed that Jackson suffered from OCD and that he was very high functioning, going to college, working, and maintaining friendships. When he tried to go off of anti-anxiety medications without any help from anti-depresants or therapy the last month he was home, he spiraled into depression, severe anxiety, and sleeplessness. All of these things combined with the harsh conditions of being alone on the streets could have led to any number of mental stresses, breakdowns or psychoses. We can only guess at his mental, physical, and emotional health at this point since there are no 100% confirmed conversations with him in 3.5 years. However, there have been several strong leads with most indicating he is fairly well-groomed, sad and confused. This indicates that there is great hope and much need to find him sooner rather than later.

This is one of the cases very dear to my heart. I spent 2 months in San Francisco in late 2009/ early 2010, a few weeks later Jackson Miller disappeared from there. I've been following his case since May 2010. Reading his parents' and friends' posts on the Missing Jackson FB still breaks my heart. He is loved and missed by so many.

Jackson just turned 24 a few days ago. It's been over 4 years now that he went missing, I just pray for answers one day.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/123744104316295/

Wow, that would be awesome news if the sightings turn out to be Jackson. I tend to think he is not alive anymore but miracles do happen and since this is one of my pet cases I pray for some answers.

Four years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 90 still missing

Four years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 90 still missing

Wow, I do t think I had heard of the "California Five" until now...is there a collective thread to discuss possible similarities, etc in their cases? Tia.

From the above link:

"CALIFORNIA FIVE

Despite active pursuits on social media for many years now, the families of five young men who went missing in the San Francisco, California area over the past several years still have few answers. Jackson Miller, missing May 15, 2010, Cameron Remmer, missing October 6, 2011, Shawn Dickerson, missing December 2, 2011, Crishtian Hughes, missing February 7, 2013, and Sean Sidi, missing May 21, 2013, all vanished from various areas of San Francisco without a trace. Leads and searches have unearthed virtually no clues in any of their cases, but members of every family have banded together to help in the search efforts and cope with their shared emotional pain. If you have any information regarding any of these five cases, please contact the San Francisco Police Department at (415) 558-5508."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back