Found Deceased CA - Jacob VanZant, 24, At Risk, from Stockton, 2004 white Honda Pilot, last seen 7:30pm leaving Shangri La Restaurant, Lodi, 17 Feb 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
bumping: Lodi Police searching for missing ‘at-risk’ man

nothing new here... he is deemed "at risk"

come home Jacob
In the video accompanying the article, there actually is new-to-me information I didn’t know previously from other reports. The gf was interviewed, and she shares how she and Jacob were happily expecting a child, but that it was tragically stillborn (in June 2022).

I wonder if the suggestion is that he may have been having a difficult time emotionally since then and may be a reason for taking off? Just thoughts, moo.

Jacob has been missing for about two weeks now. I'm still unable to find any updates to share, however I have discovered that Jacob's girlfriend's FB has been deactivated. I imagine this must be an extremely stressful time for her - and I continue to hope for the best outcome for all involved. <3

Another week has gone by with no updates regarding Jacob's whereabouts. I did find an updated (posted about six days ago on FB) missing person's flyer that I've provided here. If not allowed, please let me now and I will remove. Keeping Jacob and his family in my thoughts. <3

Attachments

• jvzmissingflyer.JPG
    jvzmissingflyer.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 14
Another week has gone by with no updates regarding Jacob's whereabouts. I did find an updated (posted about six days ago on FB) missing person's flyer that I've provided here. If not allowed, please let me now and I will remove. Keeping Jacob and his family in my thoughts. <3
@ohemgee.kay925 Is there a FB page dedicated to finding Jacob that you're aware of? Thank you.

@ohemgee.kay925 Is there a FB page dedicated to finding Jacob that you're aware of? Thank you.

Hi, @Aloe. There is a page, however I'm not sure if it was established by the family so I don't want to post it here, just in case... I will send you a DM with the link very shortly!

Edited to add: No news regarding Jacob over the weekend or today. :(

Hi, @Aloe. There is a page, however I'm not sure if it was established by the family so I don't want to post it here, just in case... I will send you a DM with the link very shortly!

Edited to add: No news regarding Jacob over the weekend or today. :(
Thanks!

I'm really shocked and dismayed that this poor guy hasn't been located yet. I just can't understand how he left that restaurant and then seemingly vanished into thin air. I was just looking at a map of the restaurant on Google and it's surrounded by businesses that you just know have cameras outside: banks, a post office, car dealerships, etc. It's not as though he was out in the middle of nowhere. It seems like it should have been relatively easy to check the camera footage from those businesses to see which way he went when he left the restaurant and then try to determine if he went back to Costco to look for his card, got on the highway, or headed in some other direction. Unfortunately all of that footage is likely gone now if the police didn't check it at the time. :( MOO

I'm really shocked and dismayed that this poor guy hasn't been located yet. I just can't understand how he left that restaurant and then seemingly vanished into thin air. I was just looking at a map of the restaurant on Google and it's surrounded by businesses that you just know have cameras outside: banks, a post office, car dealerships, etc. It's not as though he was out in the middle of nowhere. It seems like it should have been relatively easy to check the camera footage from those businesses to see which way he went when he left the restaurant and then try to determine if he went back to Costco to look for his card, got on the highway, or headed in some other direction. Unfortunately all of that footage is likely gone now if the police didn't check it at the time. :( MOO
Agreed completely. This is a real tragedy already, just him missing this long... I pray he comes back...

LODI, Calif. — New clues have come about in the disappearance of a Stockton man who was last seen at a Lodi restaurant.

The family is asking the community to help them with their newest lead. His sister, Jessica Alonzo, has been leading the search.

His sister told ABC10 that police told her they recently pinged his phone on 8 Mile Drive in Lodi by the marina and levy area close to the second bridge. Now, they are asking anyone with a boat to join them at the new search location.

“We would like to bring boats out there and sonar equipment, so we can see into the water just to look for his car at this point,” said Alonzo.

The family is also asking all businesses in the area to roll back their security tapes to Feb. 17 to see if they can find out which direction Jacob’s car went when he left. It would let them know if they are searching in the correct area.

Search parties will continue Thursday and Friday at 10 a.m. The meeting location is Gibbons Park.

Jacob was last seen wearing a dark hoodie, dark jeans and black boots and driving a Honda Pilot plates 5JBC311.

More at link.

LODI, Calif. — New clues have come about in the disappearance of a Stockton man who was last seen at a Lodi restaurant.

The family is asking the community to help them with their newest lead. His sister, Jessica Alonzo, has been leading the search.

His sister told ABC10 that police told her they recently pinged his phone on 8 Mile Drive in Lodi by the marina and levy area close to the second bridge. Now, they are asking anyone with a boat to join them at the new search location.

“We would like to bring boats out there and sonar equipment, so we can see into the water just to look for his car at this point,” said Alonzo.

The family is also asking all businesses in the area to roll back their security tapes to Feb. 17 to see if they can find out which direction Jacob’s car went when he left. It would let them know if they are searching in the correct area.

Search parties will continue Thursday and Friday at 10 a.m. The meeting location is Gibbons Park.

Jacob was last seen wearing a dark hoodie, dark jeans and black boots and driving a Honda Pilot plates 5JBC311.

More at link.
If this new clue location turns out to be where Jacob’s car and/or he is—would this location have been on the way to an expected destination such as Costco, home, or his workplace? Is it a hazardous place to drive, prone to accidents?

If this new clue location turns out to be where Jacob’s car and/or he is—would this location have been on the way to an expected destination such as Costco, home, or his workplace? Is it a hazardous place to drive, prone to accidents?
The levy roads are hazardous, but there is not much out there, except the marina, Paradise Point, which is north of the the first bridge on Rio Blanco Rd.
If one continues on 8mile Rd to the 2nd bridge, there is an old closed up marina, Herman and Helen’s. Also a couple of old ships in the water there that looked abandoned as of a year ago.

IDK where in Stockton he lived so IDK how far off of his normal route this would have been. MOO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor
Back