Found Deceased CA- Jason Cantrall, 46, Siskiyou County, 30 September 2018 *At Risk*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if he injected something he thought was insulin and overdosed. Or else someone injected him. I am assuming it was heroin, but that’s just JMO.
FWIW Three comments on the KOBI story insist he was not a drug user.

Sorry about the double posts. WS was wonky last night. I was afraid there would be even more! :)

Per this article, he reported her missing before she gave her report. Is that plausible if the girlfriend’s statement is true?

I think the girlfriend’s entire statement is hard to believe, now that we know he thought she was missing. Did he forget where he left her? I wonder what time he reported her missing. She didn’t report until 4:40ish on Monday...almost 22 hours after he allegedly drove by her in the truck. She was picked up in the morning by the person she had met before. Were they looking for Jason all that time? Surely there was cell phone coverage somewhere before she finally called. I don’t want to have doubts about her, but this whole thing is weird.
JMO

Sorry about the double posts. WS was wonky last night. I was afraid there would be even more! :)

I think the girlfriend’s entire statement is hard to believe, now that we know he thought she was missing. Did he forget where he left her? I wonder what time he reported her missing. She didn’t report until 4:40ish on Monday...almost 22 hours after he allegedly drove by her in the truck. She was picked up in the morning by the person she had met before. Were they looking for Jason all that time? Surely there was cell phone coverage somewhere before she finally called. I don’t want to have doubts about her, but this whole thing is weird.
JMO

RBBM

Yes, Websleuths gets the hiccups occasionally! LOL.

Looking forward to new developments in this case. Hopefully, we'll get more information soon.

Some additional info:

“Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office:

[SBM]

According to his companion, Mr. Cantrall was last seen on September 30, 2018, at about 7:00 p.m., in the Beaver Creek area and United States Forest Service (USFS) Road 47N44, an area located near SR 96 [SBM]

A California Air National Guard helicopter crew observed the body from the air and when a rescue crew member (Para-Rescue Jumper or “PJ”) responded to render aid, it was discovered the man was deceased. [SBM]

He was hunting in the area in recent days with a female companion. After he was reported missing, his pick-up truck was found by deputies abandoned and unlocked, which prompted an extensive search of the remote area in vicinity of Beaver Creek. [SBM]

An autopsy will be conducted next week to help us determine the cause and manner of death in this case. Although there were no signs of obvious injuries or foul play, this case is under investigation and final conclusions are pending the outcome of that investigation. Anyone with information about this case is urged to contact SCSO’s 24-hour Dispatch Center at (530) 841-2900.” (BBM)
Missing Crescent City Hunter Found Dead by National Guard Helicopter Crew

From yet another article:

“Sheriff’s Lt. Jeremiah LaRue was just returning from the search Friday at about 6:30 p.m. He said there was nothing about the discovery that would indicate foul play and that Cantrall’s body showed signs of exposure.

‘We’ll know more once an autopsy is done,’ he said.” (BBM)
Crescent City hunter found dead in Siskiyou

Well ... was he wearing clothing? The article linked above said:

Sheriff Jon Lopey said illegal drugs were discovered at the scene, and Cantrall’s clothing was found nearly a mile away from the vehicle. In addition, it was revealed Cantrall reported his girlfriend missing first, before she contacted the sheriff’s office.

(BBM). Was the clothing that was found what he had packed for camping? Or was it clothing that he had been wearing?

What say ye -- were they ever going to go deer hunting or was deer hunting a cover story?

Well ... was he wearing clothing? The article linked above said:

Sheriff Jon Lopey said illegal drugs were discovered at the scene, and Cantrall’s clothing was found nearly a mile away from the vehicle. In addition, it was revealed Cantrall reported his girlfriend missing first, before she contacted the sheriff’s office.

(BBM). Was the clothing that was found what he had packed for camping? Or was it clothing that he had been wearing?

What say ye -- were they ever going to go deer hunting or was deer hunting a cover story?

Strange...drugs at scene, no sign of foul play, signs of exposure, his clothing in a different place...I don’t know what to think, but....

Based on Jason’s FB page I would say he was into hunting and fishing, so the trip was probably legit. Based on comments by friends on the article, drugs seem unbelievable to them. I guess the autopsy may provide some answers. I’m curious about the clothes too.

Strange...drugs at scene, no sign of foul play, signs of exposure, his clothing in a different place...I don’t know what to think, but....

Based on Jason’s FB page I would say he was into hunting and fishing, so the trip was probably legit. Based on comments by friends on the article, drugs seem unbelievable to them. I guess the autopsy may provide some answers. I’m curious about the clothes too.
If he truly was taking or given drugs... PCP tends to be the one drug that comes to mind where people get naked, ALOT. I guess there body's temp regulator gets out of whack and they become extremely hot and remove their clothes in attempt to cool down.
But, in reading some comments I am having conflicting thoughts about the whole drug thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cokie
Back