CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray that this is true!

:praying: that this girl if it is her & it is sounding like it is her!
What a miracle...I wonder what/why/how she was finally able to go & tell LE who she was. Did she finally after 18yrs gain their trust or was able to get away from one of the two that had her. I have so many questions....I'm not making much sense right know because I'm in shock that she is found...I do hope it is her.

It sounds like the mother when she talked to her on the phone was able to answer questions only Jaycee would know. Did LE confirm it was her through DNA or was it the questions the mother asked????

:angel:

VIDEO~NATION: Woman claims to be Jaycee Lee Dugard, missing 18 years
http://www.necn.com/Boston/Nation/2009/08/27/Woman-claims-to-be-Jaycee-Lee/1251388501.html

Interview with Jaycee's sister. ^^

Woman claims to be Jaycee Lee Dugard, missing 18 years
August 27, 2009
15 min 17 sec ago
<snipped>
A woman claiming to be Jaycee Lee Dugard, missing for 18 years, showed up at a Bay Area police station, according to local media reports.

The FBI and El Dorado County Sheriff's Department have started an investigation into whether this woman truly is the girl who would now be 29-years-old, according to KOLOTV.com.

Jaycee Lee Dugard Turns Herself in After 18 Years
http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/55382827.html

Article:
http://www.necn.com/Boston/Nation/2009/08/27/Woman-claims-to-be-Jaycee-Lee/1251388501.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stepdad: kidnapped daughter alive after 18 years
Thursday, August 27, 2009
<snipped>
Jaycee Dugard, who would be 29 today, walked into the Concord Police Department on Wednesday, stunning police and family members who had all but lost hope that she was still alive.

Dugard's stepfather, Carl Probyn, 60, of Orange (Orange County) told The Chronicle today that his wife, Terry, called him at about 4 p.m. Wednesday with the news he never though "She basically said, 'Are you sitting down?' I said, 'Yes.' And she said, 'They found Jaycee - she's alive."

The two, who are separated, cried for about two minutes on the phone.

Dugard's mother was reportedly on her way from her southern California home to reunite with her daughter.

"I gave up hope for 18 years, just went into recovery mode. I thought it would be nice just to recover her and capture the people and find out why they did this," said Probyn, a wallpaper contractor. "Now, I just won the lotto. It's just unbelievable. This is going to be a great day today."

Article:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/27/BA4N19EJ35.DTL

:angel:

Jaycee Dugard Press Conference Scheduled for 3 p.m. Thursday

EL DORADO COUNTY, CA - The El Dorado County Sheriff's Department and FBI are planning to hold a news conference Thursday at 3 p.m. to discuss the missing person case of Jaycee Dugard.
According to Sergeant James Byers with the Eldorado County Sheriff's department there is an on-going criminal investigation into the case and no further information will be released until 3 p.m.
News10 will live stream the presser as it happens on News10.net.
Dugard was abducted in 1991 in South Lake Tahoe and on Wednesday, her stepfather, Carl Probyn, told News10 that family members believe authorities found the now 29-year-old girl alive.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=65885&catid=2

Maz

Wow! This is incredible news.

Now we can see why families never give up hope.

This will be interesting to hear WHY?

fran

I just read this thread for the first time two days ago and now this! Can you imagine how her parents must feel!! Wow.

Posted:
7:08 AM Aug 27, 2009
Almost twenty years after she disappeared from her South Lake Tahoe home, a woman claiming to be Jaycee Lee Dugard has surfaced at a Bay Area police station.
Her claim is credible enough that both the FBI and El Dorado County Sheriff's Department are investigating. They're planning to hold a news conference later this morning.
Jaycee Lee was eleven years old when she disappeared from her South Lake Tahoe home in 1991. Concord police confirm the woman says she was kidnapped 18 years ago and Jaycee's family members say they have spoken with the woman and believe her. more at link:http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/55382827.html

Wow. Sometimes there is good news. I hope this is her, and, I hope the whole story comes out.

b

p-e4m3Yko6bFYVc.gif
EL DORADO COUNTY, CA - The El Dorado County Sheriff's office is confirming that kidnap victim, Jaycee Lee Dugard, had been located in good health in the Bay Area.
Jaycee was abducted on June 10, 1991 from South Lake Tahoe. At that time, it was reported that a vehicle with two people inside, drove up to her and grabbed her.
The El Dorado County Sheriff's Department and FBI are planning to hold a news conference Thursday at 3 p.m. to discuss the missing person case of Jaycee Dugard.
News10 will live stream the presser as it happens on News10.net.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=65885&provider=top

Maz

This is great news!

Wasn;t there recent activity in the news on this case? I think that if LE can get old missing kids cases out there, in the public, for these kids or others to see there could be other people coming forward that have been missing for many years. They may not know that they where abducted and many missing kids cases have had little activity for many years, meanwhile they are not kids anymore and could recognize themselves and realize who they are if the media gets these pictures out there.

I truely believe that there are many still alive and don't know who they are or that they where abducted because they where so young.

No Way! I am just stunned and don't even know what to say......

This is absolutely fantastic news! I am so happy for her family.

Lets hope her abductors get the maximum for her kidnapping.

Maz

:cow:

This is good news and sad all at the same time. I can't wait to hear what happened, and what lead up to JC going to the police station. Why now?

Hopefully at the presser they will explain where she has been for the past 18 yrs and with who. Since she is 29 now I wonder if she has been living on her own.

This is good news and sad all at the same time. I can't wait to hear what happened, and what lead up to JC going to the police station. Why now?
Maybe because 3 weeks ago cold case detectives decided to re-open her case... If only Ilene Misheloff's story would have as happy of an ending, but I doubt that will be the case.

Daveggio and Michaud are sitting on Death Row, so they can't be the people they just arrested...

I just read this thread for the first time two days ago and now this! Can you imagine how her parents must feel!! Wow.

Maybe you're good luck! Start reading more missing persons cases!

I just can't believe it!

Where has she been? With who? Now that she is 29 yrs old had she been living on her own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela