CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Once a person learns how to read, they improve their reading skills by reading. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At eleven, she had the tools she needed to progress her reading. No telling what books she had access to through the years, but her reading taste and reading ability would have matured with her as she grew older. She was isolated but she wasn't frozen in time as an eleven year old. Sadly, she had too many adult behaviors forced [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]upon her far too early and in very perverse circumstances.[/FONT]
Agreed, it also depends upon the child. By age 7, my daughter could already read Nancy Drew books and her school also offers the Accelerated Reader program, the tests confirmed she was reading at 6th grade level, so Jaycee's reading skills at the end of 5th grade- she was kidnapped at the very end of the school year in June- may have been advanced.

That is the defining issue for me also! He obviously went to great lengths to conceal his culpability and illness when it served him early on in this case. I guess I think of him as being cognicent enuff to know when things are wrong when compared to what the rest of the world is doing, but not astute enough to realize that his ideas are not defendable. Thanx for your debate!

Garrido stated in his radio interview that it was "disgusting in the beginning with me, but then things changed."

He knew right from wrong when he took Jaycee, and he knows right from wrong now.

In that same interview, he refused to discuss the case against him because he had not yet spoken to an attorney.

If this man was so mentally disturbed that he could not know right from wrong, or could not be held responsible for his actions, he would have blatantly boasted and shared his story instead of trying to protect his sorry self.

I have no doubt that this man is suffering from some type of schizophrenia. As the daughter and sister of paranoid schizophrenics, the signs are very, very clear to me. The delusions and rantings are all part of a partial psychotic break from reality. When my father attacked my step-mother and stabbed her in the face with a broken beer mug numerous times, he had no idea that what he had done was wrong. He was listening to the voices in his head. That is the difference between my father and the monster Garrido.

That being said, this monster Garrido is absolutely liable and responsible for his actions--he knows that he was wrong in taking Jaycee, and that he has been wrong in keeping her all these years--hidden away from the world.

If he had TRULY had a change of heart, had TRULY changed his way of thinking after the birth of the second daughter, then Jaycee would have been returned to her family way back then. Jaycee and her young daughters would have never been made to survive for EIGHTEEN YEARS in outdoor sheds like animals.

Yeah, this subhuman waste of my air and my space is sick--but not so much in a mental illness sort of way. He is evil incarnate who probably has schizophrenic thought processes--but certainly not enough to render him a viable candidate for an insanity defense.

I hope this monster and his monster wife rot UNDER the prison.

I understand what you say! Expanding your vocab and surpassing a Dick & Jane world depends on being taught larger words and ideas and I doubt they had that.
The content of what they were given to read is frightening if you have no other compass to compare it to. Maybe that is why they are described as being blank. I CAN NOT imagine having that as my only reading material (as well as the fruitcake stuff he penned). I just hope they are unable to do anything more than color within the lines of a coloring book!

Thanks. I'd like to know if the books were chosen by Jaycee or the fruit loop.
From what I now know, maybe "fruit loop" will get away because... he's insane?
I'm sure details will be picked up, even more carefully now, but... let's see..

They are secluded in a Bay Area home with a team of experts. Hooray!

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=65979&provider=top

"It's going good. It's going slow...they're trying to keep out of the media," Probyn said. "These girls are so fragile. They're trying to go the right direction...everything is about these girls and doing things the right way."
The family is believed to be in seclusion in a Bay Area home.
As for Jaycee's daughters, 15 and 11, Probyn said all he knows is that they're happy and were working with a team of experts. ...

"It's so sensitive right now, to bring someone else in...I know they've talked to Jaycee and she remembers me. They're taking it slow, a little talking a little watching TV. It's like having a baby and they are taking teeny steps."

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation/story/1412818.html

Psychological help for Dugard will largely be thanks to significant advances in the therapy field known as “recovery and reunification.”
A San Francisco Bay Area counselor who works with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children has been tapped to help Dugard and her family through the first few days of the unexpected and long-delayed reunion.

Oh geeze--the monster wife is scared and distraught. What the hell does she think that Jaycee felt for all those years?

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=66053&catid=2

"The lawyer for accused kidnapper Nancy Garrido told News10 exclusively Saturday that his client is scared as she sits in her cell at the El Dorado County Jail, contemplating the thought of spending the rest of her life behind bars."

Oh, she doesn't like the loss of her liberty? She's worried it might go on for a long time? What the ______ did she think she was doing to Jaycee, who was only 11 years old?
SHE grabbed her off the street in 1991!

She has a roof over her head, a clean bed and linens, three meals a day, medical care, psychological services, a lawyer ... what did Jaycee get -- Jaycee was kept in the backyard like an abused puppy. By the way, keeping a dog in the backyard alone is animal abuse!

Good article, Cleo. Thanks for the link.

Oh geeze--the monster wife is scared and distraught. What the hell does she think that Jaycee felt for all those years?

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=66053&catid=2

Oh give me a freaking break!!!!
She can't possibly know what it's like to be "scared and distraught"...not when compared to Jaycee!
My God....she took an 11 year old baby girl away from her mom and did and allowed unspeakable things for 18 freaking years!!!!
This woman is an adult....not an 11 year old child....and SHE'S scared and distraught???????
She has no clue....no clue at all what it's like....
POOR FREAKING THING!!!
Ugh....and stupid lawyer for even informing us of the emotions of that horrible monster.....

Here's a news flash for Mrs. Perp. You don't have to be scared and distraught that you MIGHT spend the rest of your life in prison. You really don't have to worry one bit about whether or not that's going to happen. It's a fact that you will. Just deal with it. Get an early start on coping with the fact that you will never be free again.

Why do u think his house is considered part of a crime scene?

Because cops have roped it off with crime scene tape.

PG had previous ties to that home and I think that is why they are doing this.

"The lawyer for accused kidnapper Nancy Garrido told News10 exclusively Saturday that his client is scared as she sits in her cell at the El Dorado County Jail, contemplating the thought of spending the rest of her life behind bars."

Oh, she doesn't like the loss of her liberty? She's worried it might go on for a long time? What the ______ did she think she was doing to Jaycee, who was only 11 years old?
SHE grabbed her off the street in 1991!

She has a roof over her head, a clean bed and linens, three meals a day, medical care, psychological services, a lawyer ... what did Jaycee get -- Jaycee was kept in the backyard like an abused puppy. By the way, keeping a dog in the backyard alone is animal abuse!

Good article, Cleo. Thanks for the link.

You're welcome, Themis.

And thank you for putting into words what I wanted to say. I was so enraged when I read that article that I started shaking.

Just what the hell did that monster think she was doing to Jaycee? Sending her to some luxury hotel?

What a disgusting piece of work she is.

She makes me sick--the bile keeps rising higher with every new bit of information that comes out about those two subhumans.

Garrido stated in his radio interview that it was "disgusting in the beginning with me, but then things changed."

He knew right from wrong when he took Jaycee, and he knows right from wrong now.

In that same interview, he refused to discuss the case against him because he had not yet spoken to an attorney.

If this man was so mentally disturbed that he could not know right from wrong, or could not be held responsible for his actions, he would have blatantly boasted and shared his story instead of trying to protect his sorry self.

I have no doubt that this man is suffering from some type of schizophrenia. As the daughter and sister of paranoid schizophrenics, the signs are very, very clear to me. The delusions and rantings are all part of a partial psychotic break from reality. When my father attacked my step-mother and stabbed her in the face with a broken beer mug numerous times, he had no idea that what he had done was wrong. He was listening to the voices in his head. That is the difference between my father and the monster Garrido.

That being said, this monster Garrido is absolutely liable and responsible for his actions--he knows that he was wrong in taking Jaycee, and that he has been wrong in keeping her all these years--hidden away from the world.

If he had TRULY had a change of heart, had TRULY changed his way of thinking after the birth of the second daughter, then Jaycee would have been returned to her family way back then. Jaycee and her young daughters would have never been made to survive for EIGHTEEN YEARS in outdoor sheds like animals.

Yeah, this subhuman waste of my air and my space is sick--but not so much in a mental illness sort of way. He is evil incarnate who probably has schizophrenic thought processes--but certainly not enough to render him a viable candidate for an insanity defense.

I hope this monster and his monster wife rot UNDER the prison.

I think this guy is crazy as a fox, a cold and calculating monster who rapes young girls, and who knows what else he's done! Expect the trial to be an absolute circus. He'll probably take the stand and go to great lengths to justify what he did. Who knows, he'll probably try to act as his own attorney and humiliate Jaycee and her daughters in cross-examination. I don't know...anything is possible from him at this point. Look at that disgusting interview he gave just a few hours after being arrested. This man is a sociopath, an extreme narcissist, and a master manipulator.
I expect just about anything from him at this point, and I don't trust the justice system to keep control of the situation.

As I posted earlier, in another time and place he would have been taken care of swiftly and never heard from again.

Why do u think his house is considered part of a crime scene?

Honestly, I don't know but law enforcement must have a reason. They don't just wrap crime scene tape around a property for no reason. Maybe they found something that is connected to that property. Maybe they found photos in the Garrido house that led them there. Maybe one of the neighbors gave them a tip about something connected to it.

I wish I knew.

...and I can't believe her lawyer is saying WE have to UNDERSTAND she did not even have a speeding ticket until now...I think WE UNDERSTAND perfectly what her involvment is...I can't believe he's trying to get the publics' "understanding"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ffhvcbcat