CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly what I was wondering about, too. Can you imagine trying to start life as an adult when you have been locked in a shed since you were eleven years old?
I can't imagine. This is going to take an army of professionals of every kind to help her and her children. This tragedy is on the level of a personal holocaust for Jaycee and her children. I just don't have any idea where the money is going to come from to get them the help they need. The loving arms of her family is a good first step and essential foundation, but it is going to take a lot more than that to reverse the damages done here to generations of this family. They need so much exceptional quality professional help.

There's no possibility that Jaycee's parents insurance will cover this.

At the press conference the Undersheriff said the girls with with Jaycee at a motel in the area.
I hope they put them up someplace nice, but then anything with a regular bed would be better than camping for 18 years!

At least at 29 yrs old she is still young. She can hopefully recover as much as she can from this and go on to live a full life.

She will never 'recover'...my prayers are she takes the survivor attitude and uses this to help herself while helping others. This is something you can never fully recover from, IMO, FWIW. But you can use it, if you take the right road.

And who pays for the years of therapy Jaycee and her children will need? Also, the 2 daughters don't even have birth certificates. What kind of legal mess with that be? How will that be handled. Prayers to them. I am sure the media will be trying everything to get their pictures.

Maybe Elizabeth Smart or the girl in Austria could help her... they could certainly relate to her circumstances.
Not all life in CA is fast paced. Maybe Jaycee can find a smaller, rural community where she is comfortable. I hope she gets to see her old teacher and school-mates too...
Respectfully, the other victims can relate somewhat, but that takes about 14 minutes flat. We're talking re-building a psyche here. PTSD to the ultra-max. As to living in a smaller, rural community, I want Jaycee to have her chance at a higher economic, intellectual and other lifestyle too if she chooses and she can't do that if the limits of her tolerance are in a smaller, rural community where, generally, unless you inherited the land or the businesses, poverty is king.

She will never 'recover'...my prayers are she takes the survivor attitude and uses this to help herself while helping others. This is something you can never fully recover from, IMO, FWIW. But you can use it, if you take the right road.
Well said.

THIS IS WHY WE NEVER GIVE UP! HOPE, WE MUST HAVE HOPE UNTIL WE HAVE RESOLUTION.

Kk, goin to bed, with this and so many others on my mind.

I can't imagine. This is going to take an army of professionals of every kind to help her and her children. This tragedy is on the level of a personal holocaust for Jaycee and her children. I just don't have any idea where the money is going to come from to get them the help they need. The loving arms of her family is a good first step and essential foundation, but it is going to take a lot more than that to reverse the damages done here to generations of this family. They need so much exceptional quality professional help.

There's no possibility that Jaycee's parents insurance will cover this.

ITA Themis. Let's hope an army of angels comes forward too.

I saw Elizabeth Smart and her father on Campbell Brown's show a little while ago. They do have some valuable insights and may very well be of help to this family. The circumstances are eerily similar - except for the length of time involved. 18 years is such a long time. I wouldn't know where to begin to help these people, but I'm determined to be confident that others do and will.

Today is a crazy and overwhelming day. First I hear about Jaycee and I am dually sickened and overjoyed by what has happened. Any 20-something girl who grew up in Norcal in the early 90s was affected by her disappearance.

(now for something kind of OT) Then, I reconnect with an old high school friend who I haven't seen or spoken to in almost 10 years. The thing is that this friend, while we were still in HS, was kidnapped by a pimp and prostituted all over the country. She had contacted her family to let them know she was okay, but refused to come home or tell them where she was. Her family, convinced that she was being brainwashed by this pimp/boyfriend/pedo, still continued to list her as a missing person and kept looking for her. I lost touch with her family over the last few years. You can't even imagine my shock when I saw her name pop up on my Facebook. She's back in touch with her family, no longer on the streets and no longer using drugs, no longer being abused. So yeah, crazy day.

So Garrido must have been acting really crazy then to stand out from all the others and get L.E.'s attention. Boy, what an ego to think he could bring Jaycee out in public.
It wasn't PG's behavior that got the Berkely Campus Security Officer's attention. One of Jaycee's daughters was with PG. The Security Officer thought the little girl's behavior was very odd -- as probably it was considering the little girl had spent her whole life since birth in the backyard!

I said recover as much as she can but I know what you mean. Of course she will never get over this. It is apart of her and hopefully she will learn to cope, to grow and try to turn as much of it as she can into something progressive for herself and for others. I cannot even begin to imagine how she must feel right now. How overwhelmed she must be especially with all the media attention and speculation.

:eek::eek::eek: No wonder his marriage broke up. I think they owe this poor guy a major public apology!

It's interesting that at the presser the one sheriff mentioned, more than once, IIRC, that the family was never suspect.

if I were Jaycee's parents, I'm not sure if I would rather find her alive 18 years later but having suffered unspeakable horrors, torture and with 2 children by the abductor, or find out that she was killed immediately. I know all parents hope that their child is alive, but I'm not sure that I would want to find out that my child had lived this way for 18 years. I don't know that this is something this girl and her children will ever be able to recover from.

Steven Stayner went through a living hell for years and when he came home it was very difficult according to news reports but I am sure that his parents where elated to atleast share some moment with him before his fatal accident. He married and had a child and I am sure those memories will last a life time for his parents.

Would someone chime in that looked at that yard on Google Earth. Am I looking at it correctly seeing far to the back of yard what looks like an empty pool and a trampoline?

Today is a crazy and overwhelming day. First I hear about Jaycee and I am dually sickened and overjoyed by what has happened. Any 20-something girl who grew up in Norcal in the early 90s was affected by her disappearance.

(now for something kind of OT) Then, I reconnect with an old high school friend who I haven't seen or spoken to in almost 10 years. The thing is that this friend, while we were still in HS, was kidnapped by a pimp and prostituted all over the country. She had contacted her family to let them know she was okay, but refused to come home or tell them where she was. Her family, convinced that she was being brainwashed by this pimp/boyfriend/pedo, still continued to list her as a missing person and kept looking for her. I lost touch with her family over the last few years. You can't even imagine my shock when I saw her name pop up on my Facebook. She's back in touch with her family, no longer on the streets and no longer using drugs, no longer being abused. So yeah, crazy day.

Boy, do I hear that. I'm twenty-five and have lived in Northern California for all of my life. Jaycee and the other young girls that were abducted in this area during the 80's and early 90's have always stuck with me.

Glad to hear about your high school friend! Hope things will continue to improve for her.

Pelican Bay by a long shot. Where they have thick glass cells and absolutely no physical contact. They are in the cells 23 hours a day.

I dunno. I'm thinking GP would be very appropriate.

His blog is getting tons of comments http://voicesrevealed.blogspot.com/ too bad he'll never get the chance to read them.
I say kill him now, right now! No trial, not another day of tax payer money supporting or feeding him. Shoot the evil monster in the head and send him straight to hell.
Just do it already!

Poor Jaycee and her poor children I can't even imagine. My heart breaks for her parents that their precious granddaughters are the spon of this evil, evil, demon.

I just caught the tail end of CNN (not HLN) and they had on a reporter that has interviewed the since his arrest, and that he was talking about how his and Jaycee's lives were blessed by God and that the world would understand the 'Hope" they stand for....

WTF?

Reporter said it was a very wierd interview. I didn't catch her name or station letters.
Help CaliSlueths!

has there been a fund started for jaycee and the girls? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members