Found Deceased CA - Jennifer Evert, 34, Crescent City, 21 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am trying to do all the right things, but I am only one person. My friends have been great, but cannot spend all their time chasing ghosts at this point. It will have been 21 days tomorrow, and I am getting severely discouraged. I just pray that we get the air support we need, and soon.

Hi Sgt,

I'm sorry to say that the one air support possibility I knew of an reached out too, is no longer in the business and no longer owns a plane. :(

If I think of anything else, I will let you know.

Hang in there. We are all sending positive thoughts your way.

Salem

I'm not really sure how Google Earth works, but would it be worth contacting them to see if any routine images had been taken over the search area during the past 3 weeks?

Looking at their website they say "We add data to our Primary Database on a regular basis. Each month we highlight the newest additions to Google Earth content and news. If you haven't subscribed to The Sightseer, check the Google Earth Community forum for previous editions"

I know its a long shot, but maybe they have recent film/photos which haven't been published?

http://support.google.com/earth/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=187961

Hi all. Just coming into the case and still on page 1. First thank you sgt809 for all of the clarified information. It helps a ton.

Has anyone done the math and plotted out how far she could have gotten in the vehicle with the amount of gas presumed to have been in the tank? 1/8 of a tank is going to shrink down the radius quite a bit. I know there are tons of dirt roads up there, but it would be a good place to start. If it hasn't been done already, I would also get a Forest Service Map and start by plotting that radius (use a pen and string and your thumb and make the radius circle of how far she could have gone), then start marking off every section of road that has been checked.

Is there anywhere in that radius that she could have driven/set car into drive and had it go into water?

Again, only on page 1, the car has not been found yet correct?

Hi all. Just coming into the case and still on page 1. First thank you sgt809 for all of the clarified information. It helps a ton.

Has anyone done the math and plotted out how far she could have gotten in the vehicle with the amount of gas presumed to have been in the tank? 1/8 of a tank is going to shrink down the radius quite a bit. I know there are tons of dirt roads up there, but it would be a good place to start. If it hasn't been done already, I would also get a Forest Service Map and start by plotting that radius (use a pen and string and your thumb and make the radius circle of how far she could have gone), then start marking off every section of road that has been checked.

Is there anywhere in that radius that she could have driven/set car into drive and had it go into water?

Correct, car not found.

Thank you Sarx! I think Sgt80 is feeling very defeated today. :tears:

sgt809,

Just wanted to thank you for the info you have provided and the obvious love you have for your wife.
Please take the time to take care of yourself.
Sending peace to you.

I don't know if this is helpful, but there is a company called Tomnod, owned by Digital Globe, who is active "in the growing field of crowdsourcing of earth observation imagery analysis". They look at latest satelite images to help, for example, after disasters to look for damage. I know they had a project once looking for elephant herds in an African country (forgot which one) to be able to protect them from poachers. They can be hired. I have no idea how much it costs though.

http://www.digitalglobe.com/

Do we know why Her husband Killed himself?
Did she feel responsible?
I pray she didn't , the only person responsible for that is themselves.

There are 3 ppl in your marriage SGT and one is a ghost.

This is all very sad! I hope you can find her and my prayers are with you!

I found a facebook page for the Cali Air National Guard (129th Rescue Wing) and I posted asking for assistance or for someone to point us in the right direction. Let's see if they can help!!

I found a facebook page for the Cali Air National Guard (129th Rescue Wing) and I posted asking for assistance or for someone to point us in the right direction. Let's see if they can help!!

That's a great idea. Also, too, how about Civil Air Patrol? My DH used to be a part of that when he was younger and went on a lot of recovery operations.

Here's a link to the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Civil-Air-Patrol-California-Wing/215303798534020

Sarx, we all feel that she would not have driven the car into water because she left it to one of her kids in ger will.

There must be aerial tours of the coastline available. So, even like someone said before getting them the Tahoe info just in case? I tried searching helicopter tours and such but I don't know what is close to you all. I found this Oregon one, but, again I have no idea if the area is right.

http://www.eugenecascadescoast.org/visitors/things-to-do/outdoor-adventures/air-tours/

I don't know the cost of these tours, but maybe they would work with you under the circumstances?

Agreed, it seems unlikely, unless an accident that the car is in water. Sadly the roads up there are just insane and even with a plane, the tree cover is going to make it very very hard.

Being that you have a last known point (the gas station correct?) and you know she was heading North on 101 with limited gas (how many miles did she have left?) you can do some pretty good mapping for a maximum radius she could have gone. That is a huge leg up from most cases. It's still a daunting amount of area to cover, but you can break it up systematically (your radius will be more like a 1/2 circle/pie shape because you know she didn't go south, so you take that whole 1/2 off). Then take that 1/2 pie and divide it into wedges and then cut those down even farther. Sometimes when you do that and are looking at a big map something becomes obvious that wasn't otherwise. And at least you can start "clearing" each area thoroughly.

I am very sorry you are having to go through this.

What if she drove into Oregon until she ran out of gas...then walked down to the beach? That way the car would be found. I do hope the LE in Oregon have her information. They could be sitting on the Tahoe.

Sarx, we all feel that she would not have driven the car into water because she left it to one of her kids in ger will.

If she left this car to one of her children she will not kill herself in it.

Maybe its in the airport parking lot or a bus station Id think she would leave it and then walk or take a bus to wherever it is she wanted to go.

Being this depressed over his Suicide there has to be a place she would go to remember him. Has to be a place they used to go. I would think she would go to this place a lot since his death. She feels close to him here. Someone has to know this place.

Just my ramblings!

She has t have a special place!

Being this depressed over his Suicide there has to be a place she would go to remember him. Has to be a place they used to go. I would think she would go to this place a lot since his death. She feels close to him here. Someone has to know this place.

Just my ramblings!

She has t have a special place!

Why would she tell her husband one place and then not go there. She wanted to be found, wanted the vehicle to be found, etc.
An accident on the way seems very possible to me.

Why would she tell her husband one place and then not go there. She wanted to be found, wanted the vehicle to be found, etc.
An accident on the way seems very possible to me.

Seems the only answer to me too. Car must be off the road, completely out of sight, somewhere between the garage where she bought the soda and the beach she was planning to go to.

Unless she made it to the beach, but there were people there and she decided to park up somewhere out of sight and wait till it was empty, but succumbed to the pills before that time?

This is local to me.

The assumption would be the beach here in Crescent City. She would be going about 15 miles out of the way to buy a coke in Smith River. If she meant the beaches in Brookings, it was 100 degrees and sunny there this weekend. Those beaches were likely packed. The road to Brookings is 101 which is very well traveled.

The problem is that there are lots of woods and back roads that someone who likes off roading can really get lost in. Air searches would be the safest way to go.

I have not yet read all the thread but will read more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back