CA CA - Jessica Roggenkamp, 44, Anderson, 10 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Snipped for focus- and BBM
I'm 8 years older than Jessica, my family would be very hard pressed to find recent pictures of me, I've probably taken less than a dozen in the past 15-20 years. I can only think of 2 that were taken recently. One was Christmas 2015 with friends and the other is my work badge picture that looks like a mugshot. Older pictures of me don't look like me very much now because of weight changes, hair color, glasses, etc. and none of my pictures would be ones that would have people going crazy to find me because of my looks.
JMO
To me what I hate about media now is to get a case attention you need to use model type photos and not actually actual candid ones. And if the person doesn't look like they'd make a good media story they get far less attention and the attention could be what leads us to them. If i wasn't so into photography I wouldn't have as many photos to us but lately I see it as gee my family better use my attractive photos if I'm missing so the media pays attention. I would want as many different types of photos out there if me all hair colors no makeup with makeup most recent etc and I feel like with this case media doesn't see it as some great story so sadly it isn't getting the attention it needs and that's upsetting to see how media seem to pick who they cover. To me I would hope they'd use my most attractive photos to lure people in who may have a lead and then have ny candid and most recent photos with it because i think I would be likely drsssed and not all photoshoot ready unless a photographers kidnaps me. I wish this case got more attention but I think they're withholding info

Honestly if I didn't thinkit would jinx mei would show my family exactly what photos of me to use if it happened to me. We don't even have a recent photo of her hair after she changed it do we? To me I see this and the Amy and Stacy as related and a serial killer but what type of job would the killer have to encounter them all?

Being an older woman, I also don't have a lot of posed photos (I'm usually the one behind the camera). If it weren't for forced selfies taken by my daughter, my family would have very few recent pics also. With FBs dedicated to each missing person, I wish the family would post videos of their voices, mannerisms, etc.. Those are the things that are most memorable to me. Sadly, though, I think with JR, there is someone close to her (friends she was to be visiting, etc.) that knows something. If she did just "take a break", I pray someone has made contact with her family to ease their minds a little.

To me what I hate about media now is to get a case attention you need to use model type photos and not actually actual candid ones. And if the person doesn't look like they'd make a good media story they get far less attention and the attention could be what leads us to them. If i wasn't so into photography I wouldn't have as many photos to us but lately I see it as gee my family better use my attractive photos if I'm missing so the media pays attention. I would want as many different types of photos out there if me all hair colors no makeup with makeup most recent etc and I feel like with this case media doesn't see it as some great story so sadly it isn't getting the attention it needs and that's upsetting to see how media seem to pick who they cover. To me I would hope they'd use my most attractive photos to lure people in who may have a lead and then have ny candid and most recent photos with it because i think I would be likely drsssed and not all photoshoot ready unless a photographers kidnaps me. I wish this case got more attention but I think they're withholding info

Honestly if I didn't thinkit would jinx mei would show my family exactly what photos of me to use if it happened to me. We don't even have a recent photo of her hair after she changed it do we? To me I see this and the Amy and Stacy as related and a serial killer but what type of job would the killer have to encounter them all?
BBM

Amy Snow has been found deceased, apparently due to an accidental fall after leaving her mother's house at night. I doubt she encountered a serial killer.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-25-Salyer-1-Dec-2016&p=13051584#post13051584

Since Stacey was not physically mobile and all the cars are accounted for, it's highly unlikely that she would be out and about and encounter a serial killer. Did one come to her home? Not impossible of course, but far down the list of possibilities IMO.

I believe the so-called connection in these cases is manufactured by the media because it sells.
JMO

I agree, no connection and no serial killer. I don't think Stacey's disappearance was random and pretty sure the person responsible is known to her. Without the sense of urgency with JR, I'm really hoping she is just taking a break. JMO

BBM

Amy Snow has been found deceased, apparently due to an accidental fall after leaving her mother's house at night. I doubt she encountered a serial killer.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-25-Salyer-1-Dec-2016&p=13051584#post13051584

Since Stacey was not physically mobile and all the cars are accounted for, it's highly unlikely that she would be out and about and encounter a serial killer. Did one come to her home? Not impossible of course, but far down the list of possibilities IMO.

I believe the so-called connection in these cases is manufactured by the media because it sells.
JMO

:bump: ing up for Jessica

Where are you???!!!

*subscribing*

Why cant I seem to find anything on her, other than a link to a 'Find JO'C' FB page that results in 'hey this doesnt currently exist'??
https://www.facebook.com/Help-Find-Jordan-OCallaghan-1831730997115397/"Sorry, this content isn't available right now

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."

***UPDATE: the above was for Jordan M. O'Callaghan which according to a post was found the other day
[h=5]Nor-Cal Alliance For The Missing shared Maureen O'Callaghan's post.
[/h] · January 21 at 5:14pm · ***

I keep stopping by this thread to see if she has been found yet. I'm sure she is in the woods somewhere.

I keep stopping by this thread to see if she has been found yet. I'm sure she is in the woods somewhere.

BBM

That is a bit vague could you please clarify? As in alive/lost, dead?

Thanks,

BBM

That is a bit vague could you please clarify? As in alive/lost, dead?

Thanks,

This looks very much like a suicide, unfortunately.

She was driving around on her own, to places and for reasons unknown.

She told the tire changers that she was headed to a certain place, but she wasn't.

Why did the tire go flat? Yes, it sometimes happens, but it could have been due to some inattentive driving. Mind is elsewhere.

Then she ran out of gas. Again, it shows her mind was elsewhere, or, if the key was indeed in the on position, she possibly simply abandoned the vehicle. Either way, leaving the key in the ignition is not normal.

I recall in the early going reading that she had come to this area before with her daughter. People often go to some favorite or familiar place under such circumstances.

I would like to know two things: where, precisely, was her car was found? She is probably not too far from that location.

Secondly, where, precisely, did she go when she went camping with her daughter?

I've been trying to determine where her car was found, precisely. Unfortunately, reports are all over the place. The most reliable looking report I have so far is this one:

"Her 2010 black Ford Mustang had been found abandoned just before midnight Dec. 11 in a remote area of Trinity County south of Highway 36 on the Forest Service 30 Road by a California Fish and Wildlife warden." (source)

(Forest Service 30 Road is also called Wild Mad Road, and it was right at the start of this road where the tire was changed, I believe.)

I note that FS 30 Road south of Highway 36 will take you to Pine Root Spring campground. It is 6 miles as the crow flies, maybe a 9-10 mile drive. Lots of mountains in the area, too.

Thank you AceDetective, if this is a suicide, it is so sad, I wonder if her remains will ever be found. I hope they will be.

This looks very much like a suicide, unfortunately.

She was driving around on her own, to places and for reasons unknown.

She told the tire changers that she was headed to a certain place, but she wasn't.

Why did the tire go flat? Yes, it sometimes happens, but it could have been due to some inattentive driving. Mind is elsewhere.

Then she ran out of gas. Again, it shows her mind was elsewhere, or, if the key was indeed in the on position, she possibly simply abandoned the vehicle. Either way, leaving the key in the ignition is not normal.

I recall in the early going reading that she had come to this area before with her daughter. People often go to some favorite or familiar place under such circumstances.

I would like to know two things: where, precisely, was her car was found? She is probably not too far from that location.

Secondly, where, precisely, did she go when she went camping with her daughter?

I've been trying to determine where her car was found, precisely. Unfortunately, reports are all over the place. The most reliable looking report I have so far is this one:

"Her 2010 black Ford Mustang had been found abandoned just before midnight Dec. 11 in a remote area of Trinity County south of Highway 36 on the Forest Service 30 Road by a California Fish and Wildlife warden." (source)

(Forest Service 30 Road is also called Wild Mad Road, and it was right at the start of this road where the tire was changed, I believe.)

I note that FS 30 Road south of Highway 36 will take you to Pine Root Spring campground. It is 6 miles as the crow flies, maybe a 9-10 mile drive. Lots of mountains in the area, too.

Early on I made a very not good case map of my best guess at the locations and routes. I can try to hunt it down if you like. Skibs I am not!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's an alternate scenario.

It is possible she went into the woods to relieve herself and got lost. It seems unlikely she wouldn't be able to find her car, but it could happen.

I recall a case where a hiker left the trail to relieve herself and got lost. Her body was found months or years later in her tent. She had written in her journal what happened.

They already searched the area of her car, but it's possible she could have wandered for miles trying to find her way back to the car.

It really does seem like Jessica was behaving strangely, though. But that could be due to confusion, and confusion could lead to getting lost while going to relieve yourself.

That would totally explain why it appears the car was left running. Also, if toilet paper was in her purse, she would take that too.

It is possible she went into the woods to relieve herself and got lost. It seems unlikely she wouldn't be able to find her car, but it could happen.

I recall a case where a hiker left the trail to relieve herself and got lost. Her body was found months or years later in her tent. She had written in her journal what happened.

They already searched the area of her car, but it's possible she could have wandered for miles trying to find her way back to the car.

It really does seem like Jessica was behaving strangely, though. But that could be due to confusion, and confusion could lead to getting lost while going to relieve yourself.

That would totally explain why it appears the car was left running. Also, if toilet paper was in her purse, she would take that too.

I think you could be on to something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In looking at the map again - wow - that is quite a network of roads in that park and I see a bunch of creeks too. Do we know exactly where her car was found parked? I could not locate the campground, either.

This is weird - I tried to locate the Pine Root Spring campground through the Shasta-Trinity National Park site and it is not listed there.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/stnf/recreation/camping-cabins

You mean Geraldine Largay?

Yes I remember that sad case - and Jessica was in a national state forest park - and after looking at that network of roads I wonder if she became disoriented at some point looking for her car. Shasta-Trinity National Park is huge, I do not doubt it could be easy to become lost there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back