Found Deceased CA - Jie Song & Yinan Wang, 31, Sequoia National Park, 6 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When the live video shows the water streaming around the car, you can see the airbags outside of the car, floating in the water, but still attached. :(

I've read that the large white object was spotted fully submerged and it is suspected that the object may be their car. Where did you read that the car is above water with airbags visible?

I've read that the large white object was spotted fully submerged and it is suspected that the object may be their car. Where did you read that the car is above water with airbags visible?

I think Gigtu was referring to the video of the red car. Here's a really short clip:

[video=youtube;gQ6lEdfzauA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ6lEdfzauA[/video]

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/...-students-may-lead-missing-california-couple/
Oh shoot, yes. I was referring to the red car shown earlier in this thread. I mixed up the cases because they are both being talked about in the same thread. =\

As of now, I don't think they know if the white car still has passengers inside, although they've been watching and no one has surfaced downstream. Horrible. :(

They actually blurred something there ... :( How terrible.
It is! In the still shots, you can see what's blurred and it's really heartbreaking. :(

Hi there. I'm a high school student in China. Also I was a student of Jie Song during 2008-2012. Jie Song(宋捷) is a very kind and nice primary school teacher in Hangzhou,China. After that case happened, we're very worried about her. But except News yesterday. We can't get any more information about that case. We tried contact local police and China Embassy, but....... So I would like to ask if any one have have further detail or new progress of search work. Thanks.

Hi there. I'm a high school student in China. Also I was a student of Jie Song during 2008-2012. Jie Song(宋捷) is a very kind and nice primary school teacher in Hangzhou,China. After that case happened, we're very worried about her. But except News yesterday. We can't get any more information about that case. We tried contact local police and China Embassy, but....... So I would like to ask if any one have have further detail or new progress of search work. Thanks.

Hello flygoat.

First I want to say that I am very sorry about Jie Song, and her husband Yinan Wang. They seem such a nice couple who were simply enjoying this beautiful area before the tragedy happened.

There does not seem to be any further news about the search for them that I can find. I think there will be more updates when the water conditions of the river are not so dangerous.

Here is a site that gives updates, but nothing new.
https://www.fresnosheriff.org/media...ice-investigating-case-of-missing-couple.html

This FB page also : https://www.facebook.com/SequoiaKingsNPS/

The latest article I could find is Aug 14, updated Aug 15, in which it is stated that it is likely the couple are still in the white car which is believed to be submerged in the river.
https://patch.com/california/san-diego/wreckage-found-search-missing-san-diego-couple

Again, I am so sorry about your former teacher, she sounds like she was a lovely person.

Welcome flygoat! I'm so sorry you are joining us at such a sad time. Big hugs to all who know Jie Song. She looks like a sweet person. :heartbeat:

You have come to the right place for news. It will be posted here if we see any articles. So keep checking in here. I can't find any news today, so I think they are still waiting for the river to slow down. It's very dangerous and they can't get close to the car. As you know there are two cars and two couples who went into the river close to each other, so their recovery will be complicated and take time. It's so hard to wait, I know. :(

ETA (edited to add): I see whitelilac has posted some links for you to check while I was typing. Thanks whitelilac!

Welcome flygoat! I have nothing to add to what whitelilac and Lilibet have said. Just that I'm very sorry you joined us here under such sad circumstances. Tell us more about Jie Song, if you like. And did you know her husband, Yinan Wang, too?

flygoat, our hearts go out to you and all who cared about this beautiful couple. I hope you find answers very soon.

whitelilac, Lilibet and Elainera, those were very touching sentiments. Thank you for being here.

Hello flygoat.

First I want to say that I am very sorry about Jie Song, and her husband Yinan Wang. They seem such a nice couple who were simply enjoying this beautiful area before the tragedy happened.

There does not seem to be any further news about the search for them that I can find. I think there will be more updates when the water conditions of the river are not so dangerous.

Here is a site that gives updates, but nothing new.
https://www.fresnosheriff.org/media...ice-investigating-case-of-missing-couple.html

This FB page also : https://www.facebook.com/SequoiaKingsNPS/

The latest article I could find is Aug 14, updated Aug 15, in which it is stated that it is likely the couple are still in the white car which is believed to be submerged in the river.
https://patch.com/california/san-diego/wreckage-found-search-missing-san-diego-couple

Again, I am so sorry about your former teacher, she sounds like she was a lovely person.

Thanks for your reply.

Thai news video from Aug 17:
[video=youtube;rhIOm0mhDc0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhIOm0mhDc0[/video]

In the video there is an interview with the Fresno County Sheriff. He says they cannot yet see the white car to be sure it is Jie Song and Yinan Wang's car. They can tell there is another car there under the water, but that is all they can tell at this point. He later admits that the license plate they found comes back to a 2012 Ford Focus but he stresses that they don't know if it's a Ford Focus in the river yet. He said car debris is common to find in that area. There were lots of shots of car debris along the road that I had not seen before. The reporter asked how they know the plate was not from the red car and he said the red car's plate is from Arizona and the Ford Focus plate they found is from California. Lots of new shots of the red car I have not seen before. Then the reporter is standing next to an officer and he points to where they think the white car is located under water. Camera zooms in where he points but I don't see it. Can anyone see it?

Thanks for all of reply.
I know Yinan Wang, I've met. He is a PhD on chemistry, he studied abroad to Canada in 2008. After finished PhD, he worked in a Japan lab as a researcher. Then worked in Canada again. For now he works in UCSD(University of California San Diego) as a researcher too. He met Jie Song in high school, they were desk mates. Their high school classmates said that they're 'soul mates'.
They got married last year even without a wedding because both of them were busy on their work. Yinan Wang planned working in China later to stay with Jie Song.

About Jie Song it's from my memory.
In 2008 I got to Hangzhou Shidai Primary School. Also Jie Song got a job here as a English teacher. Our school start English courses from grade 1 experimentally while other school start it in grade 3. It's a challenge to teach 8 years old students English. But Song rose to that challenge as a new teacher. She just got 'Professional Eight Level of English', the highest English level in China. She taught us 4 yrs. I can never forget his smile with kindness and confidence. She often call us answering questions and praise us. We keep contact with her even a long time after we graduated. We just visited her at the start of this summer vacation.......

Thanks for all of reply.
I know Yinan Wang, I've met. He is a PhD on chemistry, he studied abroad to Canada in 2008. After finished PhD, he worked in a Japan lab as a researcher. Then worked in Canada again. For now he works in UCSD(University of California San Diego) as a researcher too. He met Jie Song in high school, they were desk mates. Their high school classmates said that they're 'soul mates'.
They got married last year even without a wedding because both of them were busy on their work. Yinan Wang planned working in China later to stay with Jie Song.

About Jie Song it's from my memory.
In 2008 I got to Hangzhou Shidai Primary School. Also Jie Song got a job here as a English teacher. Our school start English courses from grade 1 experimentally while other school start it in grade 3. It's a challenge to teach 8 years old students English. But Song rose to that challenge as a new teacher. She just got 'Professional Eight Level of English', the highest English level in China. She taught us 4 yrs. I can never forget his smile with kindness and confidence. She often call us answering questions and praise us. We keep contact with her even a long time after we graduated. We just visited her at the start of this summer vacation.......

Nihao (你好) flygoat,
Friends of mine are learning Mandarin and taught me to say Hello. It's the only word I know. :)

Thank you for giving us your personal memories of Jie Song and Yinan Wang. They waited a long time to get married and I wish they had more time together. They were on a wonderful trip, seeing some of the most beautiful parts of California. I'm sure Jie Song had a good time in San Diego too. It's a beautiful city.

She sounds like a wonderful teacher, and your ability to write in English shows how well she taught you as a young child. The fact that you keep in contact with her even after you graduated tells us what a special person she is. My husband taught 8-11 year old children for many years and it makes him so happy to hear from some of them once in awhile. I'm sure Jie Song was happy to see you!

I hope we can reach across the ocean and help you during this difficult time. I'm so glad you cared enough to find us and join Websleuths, hoping to get news of your dear teacher. That shows what a special person you are! More hugs for you and your friends.
:grouphug:

[video=youtube;rhIOm0mhDc0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhIOm0mhDc0[/video]

In the video there is an interview with the Fresno County Sheriff. He says they cannot yet see the white car to be sure it is Jie Song and Yinan Wang's car. They can tell there is another car there under the water, but that is all they can tell at this point. He later admits that the license plate they found comes back to a 2012 Ford Focus but he stresses that they don't know if it's a Ford Focus in the river yet. He said car debris is common to find in that area. There were lots of shots of car debris along the road that I had not seen before. The reporter asked how they know the plate was not from the red car and he said the red car's plate is from Arizona and the Ford Focus plate they found is from California. Lots of new shots of the red car I have not seen before. Then the reporter is standing next to an officer and he points to where they think the white car is located under water. Camera zooms in where he points but I don't see it. Can anyone see it?
BBM

Thank you for summarizing this video, Gardener. It's very informative. I don't see the car either.

Another point from the video is that the river runs faster when it's hot because of snow melt. They need cooler weather for the water to recede and slow down. The Thai reporter said that more of the red car is showing now than earlier, so that's a good sign. Here's hoping for cool weather.

Still reading. I have nothing to add but very sad. It it is indeed both cars...just wow.

I do see it down very deep in that steep, sheer terrain, settled between boulders. Plus the deep water further skews the perception. My apologies if this image is upsetting to anyone. That is not my intent.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9279.JPG
    IMG_9279.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 300
flygoat, our hearts go out to you and all who cared about this beautiful couple. I hope you find answers very soon.

whitelilac, Lilibet and Elainera, those were very touching sentiments. Thank you for being here.

Hi all, just want to express my personal gratitude to all of you who care and keep updating. It is really heartwarming even with the tragedy happened...my husband and I have been following this thread closely ever since we learnt the grieving news on Aug 14. Yinan was a close friend of us before he went down to California. Still can't help crying every time something triggers good memories with them... They really are one of the cutest couples we've ever known. I can only imagine how their families must be feeling now, both being the only child of their parents...

Hi all, just want to express my personal gratitude to all of you who care and keep updating. It is really heartwarming even with the tragedy happened...my husband and I have been following this thread closely ever since we learnt the grieving news on Aug 14. Yinan was a close friend of us before he went down to California. Still can't help crying every time something triggers good memories with them... They really are one of the cutest couples we've ever known. I can only imagine how their families must be feeling now, both being the only child of their parents...

Welcome hzsnow! Sending hugs to you both. :grouphug: I'm so sorry about this horrible tragedy. I can't imagine. We didn't know they are only children. Losing a child is awful no matter how many one has, but losing your only one is beyond sad. I only have one and I'd be devastated to lose her.

If you feel like it, and if it helps, you're welcome to talk more about your dear friend Yinan and his sweet wife. Please know that we are here for you. :heartbeat:

Welcome hzsnow, thank you for joining! I'm so sorry for the pain you are feeling. It's truly a shocking accident. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892
Back