CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It surprises me that the defense needs until Monday to start their case. They had a lot of bluster in their OS---introducing their stellar team of experts, one by one, giving all of their prestigious credentials...and none of them are ready to go?
Delaying tactics have been the name of the game for CM and his legal reps from day one. The more time that passes the less people care, memories fade, more evidence is lost and the harder it is to prove this case.

Now I feel the DT again want to put time and distance between the prosecution’s story so the jury starts forgetting what they’ve heard so their own story can take centre stage. Tactics. JMO.

Last edited:
Or just maybe it’s down to the fact they are trying to scramble as it’s not gone as well as they expected so far so they delaying to buy time.

And this is coming from me who thinks the prosecution have not been fantastic so far. But the defense saying they are not ready is a joke as they knew the prosecution was resting.

This is not some grand conspiracy to frame Chase Merritt!!
"This is not some grand conspiracy to frame Chase Merritt!!"
You're right about one thing, it's certainly not 'grand'.

They brought in an unannounced witness, the one now testifying, the defense now needs time for a rebuttal witness to prepare.
They still knew last week that the State would rest SOMETIME this week, with the exception of a witness who couldn't present til the 12th. (who's testimony piggybacks on Smith today) They knew about the FARO witness, The defense has a whole team to run down what they need to prepare.

They still knew last week that the State would rest SOMETIME this week, with the exception of a witness who couldn't present til the 12th. (who's testimony piggybacks on Smith today) They knew about the FARO witness, The defense has a whole team to run down what they need to prepare.
It's not the defense's fault they weren't informed about a witness as they should have been according to the rules.

This is what happens when the prosecution doesn't play by the rules.

How did the Pros not 'play by the rules?' If that was so, they would be scolded or sanctioned.

There is nothing wrong or improper about changing out one expert witness for another. Both sides do it all of the time.

The defense had a lot of issues with Rudin and made their criticisms known to the state and to the judge. So why wouldn't the state want to replace him with another expert witness? There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, it is the correct thing to do, imo.

So any views on the car comparison? I thought it was fab.

The first shot of the square headlights and the distance between them and then the two spotlight style lights reflected on the ground and recreated by the FARO image of CM’s vehicle were ace!

So any views on the car comparison? I thought it was fab.

The first shot of the square headlights and the distance between them and then the two spotlight style lights reflected on the ground and recreated by the FARO image of CM’s vehicle were ace!

I agree. And the cross examination came up flat and weird, imo. He came at Ryan very hard, and it seemed odd. I don't think the jury will like it very much. JMO

OBE: ??? That wasn't edited out. Everyone who watched heard him clearly say this, and that is why the DT wanted to edit that part out from being heard.

IA: The online video is quite clear: I was definitely the last person he saw." In this or another interview, he goes on to add another interesting statement: "I was the last person to talk to him about 5:30. He was at his desk. He pauses and then realizes potential danger and quickly adds: I know because I heard the kids in the background . . .

I'm sorry I wasnt clear. Yes that's what I meant.

That part wasnt edited out. I heard it too along with everyone who saw it. Lol

It was the DT who wanted that part edited out. Sorry for any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot