CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the part 2 audio, she says her interview (subject of the transcript she was given to read) was with detective Steers of SB County sheriffs, which would have been after the bodies were found, so about 4 years after Feb 4th.

ugggh ... on the Part 2 youtube from today...

NOTE: Day 29 Part 1 will be uploaded at a later time, hopefully tonight, or maybe in the morning, thanks for your patience. I figured, it's better to upload something rather than waiting access to part 1. - From AddiLawCrime in the L&C Chat

So not sure when Part 1 will go up:mad::mad::mad:

Chase going to the house proves nothing at all, it’s the phone logs that tell the story.

He was barely calling Joey once he went missing on the 4th and he conventionally only raised the alarm once he had staged the home. Those are the important facts!!!

BBM That is conjecture and opinion - definitely not proven fact. There has already been evidence presented that CM tried to contact JM. There has not been evidence that proves CM staged the home. In fact, at this point in the trial, it would be easier to claim SM or MM did. jmho

Last edited:
ITA - I think it took courage, and lots of love for her dad, to take the stand. Especially since she was young in 2010 and probably might not recall everything. Her answers seemed honest to me, as did her belief in CM. jmho

I think the entire Chase Merritt family has an obstacle, and it has nothing to do with his guilt or innocence. The only member of that family questioned by LE in 2010 (that I'm aware of) was Chase. So by the time the rest of the family is asked about events in Feb. 2010, years have passed. That's rough. They didn't work with Joey. Taylor's just a kid. How were they to know their memory would become so important?

He called him less than 10 times from the 5th February and on the 6th he didn’t call Joey at all. In Chases own words they spoke every day so the fact he hasn’t heard from Joey should of rung massive alarm bells by the 6th yet oddly he didn’t call him once on that day. You can spin it as much as you want the evidence points to Chase not bothering to ring Joey as he knew he was dead and he was busy cleaning up, burying bodies and getting rid of the truck.

Yet DK rung Summer when he couldn’t get hold of Joey coz that’s what real friends do.

My post wasn't meant to be specific to Taylor's testimony. Just testimony in general. I can't take any of her testimony as valid because she was a little girl . Eleven when it happened and interviewed when she was Fifteen. And, now as an adult, testifying for Daddy. To save his life.
I kinda feel sorry for her as I do believe she is a victim as well, but this reminds me so much of the Caylee Anthony case, where her grandmother defiantly perjured herself to protect her daughter.

CM had a few years to create memories in his kid’s minds or to brainwash them. He may also have other family members who suffer from a similar disorder. Perhaps the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Little girls even as adults need their dads especially those who have suffered neglect due to gambling or other addictions. Grown girls may go to extreme lengths to protect their vision of an all protecting father figure.

If reasonable doubt is presented, I will be one of the first to acknowledge it. Unfortunately so far, all I see is more victims in one way or another.

Like everything else CM does he couldn't even do that for very long.

Imo

Chase called Joey, but then Joey's voicemail became full. At that point he contacts the Joey's family. And we know that not all of Chase's calls registered on the CDR. And that voicemail from Joey's phone was deleted.

There is a lot from which to draw an inference that Chase called Joey many more times than show up on the CDR.

Phone logs are not perfect. There is no scientific peer review for them. We really don't know how often they are in error.

CM's the one that contacted LE and advised them about the situation JM's own family didn't even have enough concern to do so. I suppose CM should have also tracked down the killers?
Merritt never contacted LE. Who did call them was Dan Kavanaugh, after attempting to reach Joseph and Summer throughout the weekend, then calling relatives.

I kinda feel sorry for her as I do believe she is a victim as well, but this reminds me so much of the Caylee Anthony case, where her grandmother defiantly perjured herself to protect her daughter.

CM had a few years to create memories in his kid’s minds or to brainwash them. He may also have other family members who suffer from a similar disorder. Perhaps the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Little girls even as adults need their dads especially those who have suffered neglect due to gambling or other addictions. Grown girls may go to extreme lengths to protect their vision of an all protecting father figure.

If reasonable doubt is presented, I will be one of the first to acknowledge it. Unfortunately so far, all I see is more victims in one way or another.

That statement is crass and uncalled for. If she was any other girl of that age, and she was testifying in court would you be casting such aspersions? imo

BBM That is conjecture and opinion - definitely not proven fact. There has already been evidence presented that CM tried to contact JM. There has not been evidence that proves CM staged the home. In fact, at this point in the trial, it would be easier to claim SM or MM did. jmho
Wasn't Chase, according to his own words, at the house prior to anyone to "Check on the dogs?" And he DID notice the unlocked window, was that while he was checking the dogs or with MM?
So CM was at the house prior to any one else so if anything WAS staged, Chase had the opportunity BEFORE SM or MM.

Chase called Joey, but then Joey's voicemail became full. At that point he contacts the Joey's family. And we know that not all of Chase's calls registered on the CDR. And that voicemail from Joey's phone was deleted.

There is a lot from which to draw an inference that Chase called Joey many more times than show up on the CDR.

Phone logs are not perfect. There is no scientific peer review for them. We really don't know how often they are in error.
I've seen one instance where a call wasn't registered on a record and that was when 2 calls were placed having a minute difference. It's a lot to infere from that to conclude that none of it is valid.

You must not be Canadian. Our Bachelor degrees ie, a B.Eng, to pass, at University of Waterloo (where I graduated from), required an 80%. Anything less was a fail in Honours.

I have a B.A., Psych/Soc, and am an educator. 4 years of university (at 80%+) and another 2 years at Teacher's College. Remember, in Canada, our Universities (especially the top 10 on the Maclean's rankings), are on par with any Ivy League school.

He is well educated.

<modsnipped unnecessary personalized comment> Surely a bachelor's degree means less schooling than a master's, and a master's is less than a PhD. Two bachelors are better than one; two PhD's are better than one. But ten bachelor's degree is not any better than one master's or one doctor's degree if one is supposed to be an expert in an area rather than a jack of all trades. Or do you think a Canadian bachelor's is equivalent to an American masters or what? Actually I don't think it's a serious issue here, but since it's a reply to my post.... and I'd also point out that "well educated" is clearly something highly subjective.

To recap, this started from a reply to a post about the $14K the expert was getting and the poster seemed to suggest how various factors including his "schooling" justify it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the entire Chase Merritt family has an obstacle, and it has nothing to do with his guilt or innocence. The only member of that family questioned by LE in 2010 (that I'm aware of) was Chase. So by the time the rest of the family is asked about events in Feb. 2010, years have passed. That's rough. They didn't work with Joey. Taylor's just a kid. How were they to know their memory would become so important?
And if he's guilty, he'd have been gaslighting them anyway, so that their stories are his version of things anyway.

The weekend-long argument sounds interesting.

OT: from a book I read: "
His words were scissors. Snip, snip."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members