DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a selection of some of his utterances -

Joseph was one of my best friends

She was verbal,

Mikey and his mum called him Joey. And I know Summer always called him Giuseppe but I always knew him as Joseph.

Joseph wouldn’t have really wouldn’t have cared if I had gone in

I could actually tell you about what he weighed only because, I, the one of these articles here said his weight was 175 but he was 5’8? I would guess,

He was, he was
definitely shorter than me.

his boys were, I mean they would get up on the kitchen

No, she didn’t believe in it, she didn’t believe in any kind of corporal,

you know, but he was his brother. Um, Summer didn’t like him.

Just another coincidence

What witness will be testifying tomorrow? Tia

Imo
I'm not sure if it will be Mikey? I know he was supposed to be their witness last week and they moved him to this week, but they also said it would be brief so I have no idea if they have another witness lined up also. It's only a morning session, so we shall see, and then the afternoon is a hearing about the sponge guy I think.

Just a selection of some of his utterances -

Joseph was one of my best friends

She was verbal,

Mikey and his mum called him Joey. And I know Summer always called him Giuseppe but I always knew him as Joseph.

Joseph wouldn’t have really wouldn’t have cared if I had gone in

I could actually tell you about what he weighed only because, I, the one of these articles here said his weight was 175 but he was 5’8? I would guess,

He was, he was
definitely shorter than me.

his boys were, I mean they would get up on the kitchen

No, she didn’t believe in it, she didn’t believe in any kind of corporal,

you know, but he was his brother. Um, Summer didn’t like him.

Did the interviewer ask CM those questions in present tense?

Did the interviewer ask CM those questions in present tense?
Yes, they're in the transcript I posted yesterday. The detectives had no knowledge that the family had been murdered. Quite a few of those examples weren't even in response to specific questions, they were just Merritt's ramblings and as the detective pointed out, it was highly unusual.

I was watching or listening to this trialon LawNewz Trials
and then it quit being video taped. Evidently, everyone is still watching somewhere. Can you tell me where?
It's not being videod any more. The audio tapes are uploaded to YT at the end of each court day but trial has not been on for the past few weeks.

You can find all the uploads here McStay Family Murder Trial - YouTube

Yes, they're in the transcript I posted yesterday. The detectives had no knowledge that the family had been murdered. Quite a few of those examples weren't even in response to specific questions, they were just Merritt's ramblings and as the detective pointed out, it was highly unusual.

As pointed before, it's possible for someone to assume a person is dead without being the cause of the death.

I'm not sure if it will be Mikey? I know he was supposed to be their witness last week and they moved him to this week, but they also said it would be brief so I have no idea if they have another witness lined up also. It's only a morning session, so we shall see, and then the afternoon is a hearing about the sponge guy I think.
Going from Niner's post, I thought we were dark this week for testimony?

IMHO this is defense smoke and mirrors tactics and ignores the reality.

Questions don't change anyone's perception of whether someone they know is dead or alive.

JMO

Agreed

This is one of those things where language selection is automatic without conscious thought

You don't need to think whether to use past tense or not.

Your tense use reflects your current state of mind and will also be twigged instantly by anyone thinking in a different tense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024