DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
On Feb 4th, 2010 the McStay Family, Joey, Summer, Gianni, and Joseph Jr vanished from their home. It looked like the family simply got up and left their home never to return.

Law Enforcement was convinced that the McStay family ran away to Mexico.

Patrick McStay, Joey's father, along with other loved ones knew there was no way Joey and his family would never flee to Mexico. There was no reason for this scenario presented by law enforcement.

Up until the remains of the family were found buried in the desert on November 11, 2013, Patrick McStay searched for his son and his family.

Family friend Chase Merritt was arrested for the McStay family murders on Nov 7th, 2014 and finally, Merritt's first-degree murder trial is underway.

The McStay forum is in our private section. However, we are making the discussion of the trial public.

Link to prior threads
#1 CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14

Last edited:
STOP personalizing posts. Timeouts will be forthcoming if this manner of posting continues.

Differences of opinion are to be expected and are allowed as long as the discussion remains civil and respectful. Looking at something from another angle is the foundation of this forum community. To expect members from all over the world and all walks of life to think the same is unrealistic.

If you don’t agree with a post, either scroll and roll or put the other member on ignore. Do not announce that you are placing someone on ignore- just do it.

Stick to the facts and use links to back up your assertions. If you see a problematic post, hit the alert/report button and move on.

It is against TOS to sleuth the families of the victims or the defendant. Moreover, victim bashing is not allowed and will be removed. If you are missing a post check your alerts and the reason for post removal is given.

Everyone, please remember we do not allow discussions of R.B's book or R.B. If you don't know who I am talking about that's a good thing.

Thank you,
Tricia

Please, someone who can contact Cathy Russon or L&C reporter: Tell them to include witnesses' names in the Video/Audio title. It will be very hard to remember which video is about what as more videos are uploaded.

So we have gone from Video w/ full title >> Audio w/ full title >> Audio w/ skeleton title. What next? Will the title become: "McStay Family Murder Trial", "McStay"? :rolleyes:

Please, someone who can contact Cathy Russon or L&C reporter: Tell them to include witnesses' names in the Video/Audio title. It will be very hard to remember which video is about what as more videos are uploaded.

So we have gone from Video w/ full title >> Audio w/ full title >> Audio w/ skeleton title. What next? Will the title become: "McStay Family Murder Trial", "McStay"? :rolleyes:
If you're on Twitter perhaps you can Tweet her...

Smr,

I don’t agree that the State has not set forth anything tying CM to the crime

They have powerful evidence in the back dated and deleted, then cashed forged checks

So far the defense has not rebutted that evidence successfully, in my opinion

I don’t think the jury is going to believe that Joey would voluntarily give a gambling addicted ex felon access to his bank account

Smr,

I don’t agree that the State has not set forth anything tying CM to the crime

They have powerful evidence in the back dated and deleted, then cashed forged checks

So far the defense has not rebutted that evidence successfully, in my opinion

I don’t think the jury is going to believe that Joey would voluntarily give a gambling addicted ex felon access to his bank account

No proof of murder.

And I would not try to speak for the jurors.

No proof of murder.

And I would not try to speak for the jurors.
I am not sure how I would vote is if were one of the jurors. I know I sometimes think there is not enough evidence, but then I remember the quote from a state court of appeals,

“Circumstantial evidence need not be such that no possible theory other than guilt can stand. . . . It is not necessary that the circumstantial evidence exclude every possibility of the defendant’s innocence, or produce an absolute certainty in the minds of the jurors. . . . While it must afford the basis for an inference of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, it is not necessary that each circumstance, standing alone, be sufficient to establish guilt, but the circumstances are to be considered collectively.”

When you stand back and look at the circumstances on the 4th and the few days before and after, I do think they add up to guilt.

That voice is Sean Daugherty, I had to skip ahead because I was intrigued to find out who you were talking about but I haven't listened to it yet so I can't comment on his cross-examination.
Really? It doesn’t sound like him to me.

I am interested to know how you feel about the cross when you get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980