CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but I hope the state asked her how much she is costing the taxpayers. The defense sure did the same thing to the state's expert.

I bet it was more than the state expert who did the 3D imaging.

Is cross over or will they continue the next trial date? Tia

Imo
No it's not over, he was only just warming up. His cross started about 15 minutes before they finished the day.

Now I need to listen to her eic. She's paid $225 per hour. She's billed 31.2 hours to date consultancy, plus separately billed $7,600 ($900 per sample for the Mvac testing less 5% discount), and she estimates she has an additional 30 hours to bill.

So that's $7,020 + $7,600 + est. $6,750 = $21,370

Oh thank you, CG!

Im just coming back on the forum, and was wondering how the cross went.

Are they through cross examining her? Tia

Imo
No. He's just begun. Getting it out there that she is a highly paid expert witness, like $20,000 plus. Are the tax payers paying for this, if you know?

Also, I am not speaking FOR the jurors. I am speaking to common sense

Very few people, jurors or not, are going to believe the nonsense about Joey suddenly, on the day he disappears, deciding to hand over 76 checks from the middle of his numbered roll, to a troubled employee that has a long criminal record for theft and has a severe gambling addiction and is dead broke and behind on his rent
Operative words. Common sense. Somehow gets lost in these discussions.

No it's not over, he was only just warming up. His cross started about 15 minutes before they finished the day.

Now I need to listen to her eic. She's paid $225 per hour. She's billed 31.2 hours to date consultancy, plus separately billed $7,600 ($900 per sample for the Mvac testing less 5% discount), and she estimates she has an additional 30 hours to bill.

So that's $7,020 + $7,600 + est. $6,750 = $21,370
YEP.

Imes seems to have been absent from today's hearing. You can tell that by the lack of eager sound of "objection".
I think Melissa was there, though. Thought I heard one or two from her? She is my fav.

I can't make a decision until all of DT presentation is complete. I'm particularly interested in the DNA research.
I glaze over with this stuff for the most part but I did follow some of her testimony. She seemed smart, confident and well spoken. So,what is your take based on her testimony thus far?

In court, rationality is 1000s times more important than passion
Agreed but I do think the DT is very passionate, don't you? McGee is articulate and a bull dog. I actually like Maline. He is less controlled but passionate. Are they rational? I don't know.

I think it's $14,000, and I remember I thought to myself I wanted to do that kind of work, flying over a weekend and make $$$$$ for saying what you are expected to say.:D
Ain't that the truth. Not only is she smart and confident but pretty with a little girl voice. She has it all.:p

Ain't that the truth. Not only is she smart and confident but pretty with a little girl voice. She has it all.:p

Ah I was talking about the guy from Toronto, Eugene Lucio. We didn't see his face, though I remember his online picture in which he had the same hairstyle as Maline. :D

Any DNA bombshells? I haven't heard anything earth shattering. Am I missing something?

There was no DNA bombshell from the prosecution, only trace DNAs. There has been no bombshell whatsoever from the prosecution, in fact.

I've been waiting for real bombshell, from either side.

BBM

I wonder if it was more than BOTH 3D experts? They did have Dr. Rudin, who they decided not to call before they hired Lucio. I recall Lucio being asked how much he was being paid, but don't recall the amount lol Personally, I think it's a ridiculous question for any expert from either side. Are they expected to do their work and give up their time for free for every single case? Would make business a bit hard to sustain. IMO

They are always asked that question in all trials.

I do think the jury should know what each expert cost from either side.

So true

Common sense says it would be believable that Joey might give Chase one or two signed checks and tell him to pay MSM what is owed and to buy copper tubing for the next job etc. that way Joey has a record of those 2 checks and can keep track

But that is very different than giving him a large amount of checks and telling him to forge them whenever he needs to write s check from Joeys 89k bank account—-especially knowing Chases criminal history for stealing and knowing he is dead broke and under financial stress due to his gambling addiction

And common sense tells me thst Joey would never give him the QB password and say create some checks made out ton yourself and then DELETE any notation of that check before you go ahead and forge my name and cash it

Last edited:
Yes it is him, he did the opening speech. I think he comes across as caring passionately about the case and very zealous.

And it's her job - if she's not expecting to be hauled over the coals for the fee she's being paid then she shouldn't be there.

The victims' own brother/uncle endured worse.

JMO
Well he came across as the opposite yesterday IMO. Even the objections seemed to be an effort for him. I had the thought that perhaps he was ill and feeling terrible.

I never intimated she didn’t expect to be raked over the coals or that it was better or worse than anyone else. I was simply commenting on the strategy of raking her over the coals. I don’t think it was the right strategy for that particular witness.

Also, I am not speaking FOR the jurors. I am speaking to common sense

Very few people, jurors or not, are going to believe the nonsense about Joey suddenly, on the day he disappears, deciding to hand over 76 checks from the middle of his numbered roll, to a troubled employee that has a long criminal record for theft and has a severe gambling addiction and is dead broke and behind on his rent

So true

Common sense says it would be believable that Joey might give Chase one or two signed checks and tell him to pay MSM what is owed and to buy copper tubing for the next job etc. that way Joey has a record of those 2 checks and can keep track

But that is very different than giving him a large amount of checks and telling him to forge them whenever he needs to write s check from Joeys 89k bank account—-especially knowing Chases criminal history for stealing and knowing he is dead broke and under financial stress due to his gambling addiction

Common sense makes one ponder at this remark made in March 2010:

“My fear is that I’m looking for two adult shallow graves and … my two nephews’ crosses, ...”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel