CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, is that a good comparison? Shannan Watts was murdered by her own family member.

In case of someone being victimized or murdered by their close family member, one expect their friends and business partners to be concerned and even intervene. That is not the usual case if the murderer was someone outside the family. Some would call this common sense.

So Shannan Watts' friend became worried when not hearing from her, and raised concern.
Chase Merritt did exactly the same about his best friend.

No he didn’t, his lack of phone calls show that he wasn’t at all concerned about his “best” friend.

They was on the phone constantly up until the night Joey was murdered and funny enough after that Chase practically stopped calling him.

That’s not the sign of a worried “best” friend!!

No he didn’t, his lack of phone calls show that he wasn’t at all concerned about his “best” friend.

They was on the phone constantly up until the night Joey was murdered and funny enough after that Chase practically stopped calling him.

He certainly was worried how he was going to pay his rent if Joey wasn't found. That was his ONLY concern!

Now, is that a good comparison? Shannan Watts was murdered by her own family member.

In case of someone being victimized or murdered by their close family member, one expect their friends and business partners to be concerned and even intervene. That is not the usual case if the murderer was someone outside the family. Some would call this common sense.

So Shannan Watts' friend became worried when not hearing from her, and raised concern.
I thought Chase did not answer the call from Joey the day he was murdered. Shanann's friend never would have ignored a call from her best friend. She would have called back, and if she still was unable to reach her, she would have immediately gone to check on her.
And she definitely would not have helped herself to her checking account in the days following her disappearance, back-dating the check to the last day she was seen. Imo

He certainly was worried how he was going to pay his rent if Joey wasn't found. That was his ONLY concern!

I thought Chase did not answer the call from Joey the day he was murdered. Shanann's friend never would have ignored a call from her best friend. She would have called back, and if she still was unable to reach her, she would have immediately gone to check on her.
And she definitely would not have helped herself to her checking account in the days following her disappearance, back-dating the check to the last day she was seen. Imo

Below are the more complete exchanges that led to my post you were replying to. Hope this makes it more clear. Feel the need because there is a fallacy of Diversion going on (seen it happen over and over). My point made in the last post is that that was not a good comparison.

He raised concern and asked and persuaded MM to visit the house.

But he avoided calling in a welfare check.

He had no obligation. I would expect family members and relatives to care more about their family than a business partner and friend.

Gee, I'm glad Shanann Watt's friend and business partner didn't feel that way!

In case of someone being victimized or murdered by their close family member, one expect their friends and business partners to be concerned and even intervene. That is not the usual case if the murderer was someone outside the family. Some would call this common sense. So, I repeat, Chase had no obligation to be more concerned than those closer to JM.

He did more than he's obligated to.

Below are the more complete exchanges that led to my post you were replying to. Hope this makes it more clear. Feel the need because there is a fallacy of Diversion going on (seen it happen over and over). My point made in the last post is that that was not a good comparison.
Not sure what you are trying to say. Even without comparisons, Chase's actions following the murder were deceitful and suspicious.
No one could have known at the time that the family was murdered or who committed the crime.
But Chase's actions indicate that he knew they weren't coming back.
I think he was being truthful when he told investigators early on that Joey would never bring his family to Mexico. He also referred to him in the past tense. He knew he wasn't coming back, because he killed them. Jmo

BBM

I mentioned Dr. Perlin and linked the videos to someone who's a Physics professor with multiple degrees in physics, chemistry, biology (and IIRC also mathematics), who had done postdoc work with a Nobel Physics laureate and is more knowledgeable about DNA science than anyone else I know.

Did he have an opinion about the lack of available source code?

Last edited:

In case of someone being victimized or murdered by their close family member, one expect their friends and business partners to be concerned and even intervene. That is not the usual case if the murderer was someone outside the family. Some would call this common sense. So, I repeat, Chase had no obligation to be more concerned than those closer to JM.

He did more than he's obligated to.

How exactly did he do the same? By not calling the police? I admit, I wouldn't want to call the police either if I had murdered my best friend, his family, and then buried them in the desert.

I'm anxious for the defense to wrap up their case but so far they've pretty much bombed in my opinion. In their opening statement they touted the expertise of their forensic accountant and also their computer expert. Will they be calling those witnesses???

I'm anxious for the defense to wrap up their case but so far they've pretty much bombed in my opinion. In their opening statement they touted the expertise of their forensic accountant and also their computer expert. Will they be calling those witnesses???

I think they have run out of money, and can't pay their expensive experts.

In this testimony, around 29:30-30:05, the neighbor said: "People were contacting me," "Our streets were flooded with people; they wanted information." She used plural, so makes one wonder. The pros alleges CM alone was involved in the crime. So who were those people? Wish some surveillance camera and phone recorders caught those people's faces and voices.

STOP the snark and sniping in this thread or thread reply bans will be issued.

State your opinion and move on without bickering or rudeness. As always, if you can't handle someone else's posts, scroll & roll or use the Ignore feature so you won't see what they have to say.

Defense Witnesses Week of April 15, 2019

I have checked and all I can tell you is for this week and I can't even be sure of that, but this is what I know to be scheduled.

They will be putting on a computer expert and then an accountant and a supervisor from Quickbooks.

Defense Witnesses Week of April 15, 2019

I have checked and all I can tell you is for this week and I can't even be sure of that, but this is what I know to be scheduled.

They will be putting on a computer expert and then an accountant and a supervisor from Quickbooks.

Thank You for all the information you give the thread as we are pretty blind without the tweets and cameras.

In this testimony, around 29:30-30:05, the neighbor said: "People were contacting me," "Our streets were flooded with people; they wanted information." She used plural, so makes one wonder. The pros alleges CM alone was involved in the crime. So who were those people? Wish some surveillance camera and phone recorders caught those people's faces and voices.

In my opinion she's referring to the media and/or law enforcement. I'm curious to know who you think she's referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877