CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, re: the whole IP address thing...

Back in 2010, I had an air card for internet use for when I travelled. The first one I had was inserted into the computer and accessed satellite internet. The second one I had used a USB connection, and it accessed Comcast from wherever I wanted to access internet. I was wondering what a device like that might do with respect to IP addresses. It seems to me Dan was computer savvy enough to have such a thing, especially if he needed to access the internet for the business.

Yes, I see that (now). Thanks.

Was he ever in jail? Why would he be searching for “character reference letters for court” in conjunction with “what to do before you go to jail,” as well as his own name, the McStays, and wiping everything out of Facebook?

Snip

Court records show Kavanaugh had trouble with the law in the years after the McStays disappeared.

Kavanaugh pleaded guilty in San Diego Superior Court in two, separate domestic violence cases involving altercations with girlfriends, records show.

In August 2011, Kavanaugh was charged with five misdemeanor counts (in case # M134711DV).

According to a 2013 probation report obtained by CBS News 8:

On 8/1/2011 at 2:44 a.m. officers were called to **** Riveria Drive in San Diego. They heard a woman screaming from the second story of the apartment complex… The defendant (Kavanaugh) came downstairs and let officers in. Officers found the defendant's girlfriend, ****** ******* in the bedroom crying. She had abrasions on both knees.

She said the defendant pulled her out of the car and onto the ground, causing the abrasions to her knees.

Kavanaugh pleaded guilty to a single, misdemeanor count: battery of a current or former significant other, and received three years probation.

In July 2013, Kavanaugh was charged with felony domestic violence (in case # SCD249328).

Probation officers filed a sentencing report that described the incident, which occurred July 5, 2013 at 12:30 a.m.:

More at link.. McStay murder mystery: Who is Dan Kavanaugh?

Yes, I see that (now). Thanks.

Was he ever in jail? Why would he be searching for “character reference letters for court” in conjunction with “what to do before you go to jail,” as well as his own name, the McStays, and wiping everything out of Facebook?

NM, Mica got it.

Contrary to what many here seem to believe the DT is not prosecuting DK. If the PT wants the jury to believe that LE investigators actually established the fact that DK was in Hawaii at the time of the murders, as they testified to, then they’d better show corroborating evidence to support their claim.
The prosecution doesn't need to provide an alibi for DK, or any other characters.

The way I see this case is if the prosecution wants to send a person to death row they need to have their ducks in a row, their t’s crossed and i’s dotted. This prosecution has been nothing but smoke and mirrors. IMO, it’s an absolute joke with no viable evidence whatsoever that connects CM to the murders and with a multitude of other suspects, all of which had motive and had stolen from JM. I guarantee that there are some on the jury that feel the same as I do.

No clue. Maybe if the DT calls DK we’ll find out.

I don't think they are going to call DK. That makes it seem like the DT's theory is plausible.

But Imes did ask that the computer expert be held for recross. So I do wonder if they plan to call him during rebuttal, and look more closely at the exhibits.

Are they going to show the important dates, Feb 2nd through 5th, and look at debit card transactions, phone data and look at the airline receipts during the rebuttal?

I don't think they are going to call DK. That makes it seem like the DT's theory is plausible.

But Imes did ask that the computer expert be held for recross. So I do wonder if they plan to call him during rebuttal, and look more closely at the exhibits.

Are they going to show the important dates, Feb 2nd through 5th, and look at debit card transactions, phone data and look at the airline receipts during the rebuttal?

Either side needs to put this to rest, IMO.

Were you aware that the defendant told the detectives on 2/17 that DK was on his way home from HI?
But CM had no independent knowledge that DK was in Hawaii other than what DK told him. Of course DK is going to be telling anybody that will listen that he wasn't in the area at the time of the murders, he obviously needed to create an alibi. You didn't hear CM doing so because he would have no reason at the time to think he would ever need an alibi.

The prosecution doesn't need to provide an alibi for DK, or any other characters.
They don't 'need' to but if they expect to sell their damaged hypothesis to the jury they'd better step up and do so, unless, as I suspect no such evidence exist.

But CM had no independent knowledge that DK was in Hawaii other than what DK told him. Of course DK is going to be telling anybody that will listen that he wasn't in the area at the time of the murders, he obviously needed to create an alibi. You didn't hear CM doing so because he would have no reason at the time to think he would ever need an alibi.
But DK was in Hawaii.

And CM's phone was pinging around the McStay's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper