CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you all remember this was all discussed by PM back years ago.
He spoke directly with Patrick Malloy around July/August 2011 about the sale of EIP by DK to Water Feature Supply. The 100K was from that conversation and that was what DK received for the sale. It was not the remaining liabilities that were added to that figure, no it was the figure that was paid to DK. However according to Malloy the 80K was a debt of DK not EIP and the debt was part of the deal to pay DK. Now the suits were against EIP and separate from the complaints filed with the BBB were people and business said they never got their fountains and also never were returned their deposits. If I remember there was a suit filed by a company in Ohio but I'm not sure what happen to that case and neither is PM.
This suit was the three these two against Malloy (which two were charged and arrest for 1 million in drug sales Schneider/Quintero). These jewels sued each other over who would get the owner ship of WFS/EIP.

Water Feature Supply, Inc., Earth Inspired Products, Inc., Matthew Schneider and Joaquin Quintero v Patrick Maloy and GKG.NET Domain Proxy Service / GKG.NET Domain Proxy Service Administrator

Well, this one muddies the water, not the PM suit.
By the the PM suits were dismissed without prosecution. The bank withdrew the suit there was no action of any kind taken.

I remember all this. Seems like it was so long ago. IIRC Malloy won the law suit and gave Michael McStay the EIP domain or something like that. Didn't the EIP site start redirecting searches to Mike's McStay Family Website?

MOO

If you all remember this was all discussed by PM back years ago.
He spoke directly with Patrick Malloy around July/August 2011 about the sale of EIP by DK to Water Feature Supply. The 100K was from that conversation and that was what DK received for the sale. It was not the remaining liabilities that were added to that figure, no it was the figure that was paid to DK. However according to Malloy the 80K was a debt of DK not EIP and the debt was part of the deal to pay DK. Now the suits were against EIP and separate from the complaints filed with the BBB were people and business said they never got their fountains and also never were returned their deposits. If I remember there was a suit filed by a company in Ohio but I'm not sure what happen to that case and neither is PM.
This suit was the three these two against Malloy (which two were charged and arrest for 1 million in drug sales Schneider/Quintero). These jewels sued each other over who would get the owner ship of WFS/EIP.

Water Feature Supply, Inc., Earth Inspired Products, Inc., Matthew Schneider and Joaquin Quintero v Patrick Maloy and GKG.NET Domain Proxy Service / GKG.NET Domain Proxy Service Administrator

Well, this one muddies the water, not the PM suit.
By the the PM suits were dismissed without prosecution. The bank withdrew the suit there was no action of any kind taken.
Thanks for this reminder, BC. I always felt it was a perfect opportunity for Schneider and Quintero to launder money from drug receipts -- create false sales and pay the drug receipts into the business. Hard to bank and account for drug profits, sometimes. Remember Breaking Bad and the carwash scenario.

I don't remember anything about the accident in the warrants. There might be something there IDK.

Maybe they're bringing in the accident because of the congestion it caused on the freeway. Trying to tie it in with CM's time frame somehow. I don't know if that makes sense.

The guy knows the area very well. I'm sure he could have avoided the freeway and taken side streets.

MOO
To make it to VV, one could take varying routes but those would be very much out of the way and add hours to drivetime, time which Merritt could not afford to chance.

Merritt could have been caught in traffic on the 15. It's not as if this accident caused everything to come to complete standstill, just delayed. Perhaps if there was no accident, he could have been done at 930 or 10.

Or he could have been on site at 7 am, the pings only reflect he was still in the area after 11.

I guess I mean why not just murder them in the house and leave them there to be found and someone else blamed while he is in Hawaii?

He doesn't need to do a double staging?
Once the bodies had been found LE would have froze the bank accounts and the business would have had little value. There then would have been no opportunity for DK to gain financially as he did when authorities erroneously assumed the family left by their own volition.

I think it is not possible to be sure because the integrity of the crime scene was not maintained and Dugal's tentative photographic examination (where the table "blood stains" were missed) was obviously not done to a high standard.

I do wish a proper CSI style forensic search had been made at that time.

Frequently in these type of cases there are actually 3 crime scenes. The grave scene or dumping ground is usually referred to as "the crime scene". IMO there remains a second interim crime scene which is hidden from us.

IMO the most we can say is the family were taken from the house (alive or dead) indicated by their state of dress, and the end of any comms from them. They were then stashed somewhere in my opinion.

I've come around to @Tortoise 's view that the crime was premeditated to some extent, and that the family were likely trapped and murdered in a way that the killer had total control over them.

I've always wondered about the keys found in Joey's pocket. IIRC they never found one of the storage units. At the time a pic of the keys was shown on screen , CM was physically startled. He actually sort of jumped, then quickly recovered. Does anyone recall it to be true about the missing storage unit in addition to one they knew about?

What time did chase´s phone ping at the gravesite?
The weather could very well be the cause of CM’s phone pinging the Victorville tower even though it wasn't the closest tower to his location. Providing the severe weather occurring at the time was between him and the local tower the signal would then switch to a tower with a better signal, presumably out of the weather.

This would be supported by the testimony of the CHP officer who stated the weather in the area was clearing. It would also be typical of the area since Victorville is located in the desert on the rain shadow side of the San Gabriel Mountains while RC is located on the windward side which receives the vast majority of the rainfall compared to the desert.

https://www.quora.com/Does-heavy-ra...-signal-I-know-it-affects-satellite-reception

I think the fact he hasn't been arrested and charged yet is some proof.

I'm amazed by the repeatedly occurring circular arguments as a last resort here.

A: DK is not guilty, because he had an alibi.
B: His alibi has not been proved.
A: The fact that he has not been charged is proof that he had proof of his alibi.

A: CM is guilty of the murders.
B. There is no evidence linking him to the murder.
A. He stole money from JM.
B. Even if true, CM was not the only one. There are others who stole money from JM.
A. But CM is the one that is on trial, so there must be proof that he is the guilty one.

The weather could very well be the cause of CM’s phone pinging the Victorville tower even though it wasn't the closest tower to his location. Providing the severe weather occurring at the time was between him and the local tower the signal would then switch to a tower with a better signal, presumably out of the weather.

This would be supported by the testimony of the CHP officer who stated the weather in the area was clearing. It would also be typical of the area since Victorville is located in the desert on the rain shadow side of the San Gabriel Mountains while RC is located on the windward side which receives the vast majority of the rainfall compared to the desert.

https://www.quora.com/Does-heavy-ra...-signal-I-know-it-affects-satellite-reception

Or it could just simply be that Chase was close to the burial site that day. That makes a lot more sense than making up excuses that need to explain away his whereabouts that morning.

It might... I've been looking in Smith's old testimony... he was recalled lots, so not easy! LOL I'm sure I've heard or read about rain in a report that day...
What I found odd was he was commenting about the rain in the Cajon Pass. To get an accurate depiction of the weather in Victorville one would have to have a video of the actual spot because the weather varies widely, sometimes within feet of locations.

I'm amazed by the repeatedly occurring circular arguments as a last resort here.

A: DK is not guilty, because he had an alibi.
B: His alibi has not been proved.
A: The fact that he has not been charged is proof that he had proof of his alibi.

A: CM is guilty of the murders.
B. There is no evidence linking him to the murder.
A. He stole money from JM.
B. Even if true, CM was not the only one. There are others who stole money from JM.
A. But CM is the one that is on trial, so there must be proof that he is the guilty one.
B: Merritts phone pinged the tower on a mountain directly across from the burial site. He had stated he was not in that area.

Once the bodies had been found LE would have froze the bank accounts and the business would have had little value. There then would have been no opportunity for DK to gain financially as he did when authorities erroneously assumed the family left by their own volition.
Merritt wouldn't have been able to steal the thousands that he stole from Joey.

Or it could just simply be that Chase was close to the burial site that day. That makes a lot more sense than making up excuses that need to explain away his whereabouts that morning.
'It could be' is not the standard for rendering a conviction in a criminal case and the fact that there was severe weather occurring in the area that day adds more weight to the BARD side of the justice scale.

'It could be' is not the standard for rendering a conviction in a criminal case and the fact that there was severe weather occurring in the area that day adds more weight to the BARD side of the justice scale.
There's no way to accurately know what the weather was at the burial site, it might have been clear as day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot