CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to Cathy's question below...

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson
#McStay - My lawyer friends, @KenneyBaden @RBianchiEsq @AKellerLawCrime anyone else that wants to weigh in, problem that the jurors are openly laughing/exasperated at the delays in this trial and some seem to smile at pros. as they walk out? Defense worries blame is on them

Bob Bianchi TV Host; Head NJ Co. Prosecutor/DA frm‏ @RBianchiEsq 4m4 minutes ago
Replying to @cathyrusson @KenneyBaden @AKellerLawCrime
Wow, great question, hard to say not being there. It would concern me their attention is off the case and they are not taking it seriously. Laughing too?? My guess it’s not something jurors would do if they are thinking of imposing a death sentence.

Hmmm, jurors with a sense of responsibility won’t be thinking about imposing or not imposing a death sentence yet, right? They were told that this part of the trial wouldn’t determine that.

If there was ever a trial that was a poster child for an appeal this is the one.
The evidence will still be the same at the next trial. They've had years to prepare for this and more days off than on since trial started. Now the excuses start to roll about jurors getting fed up with the antics - and I'm not talking about McGee being off for a week.

The evidence is a neat web, exactly as I would expect it to be because he's guilty. There is no defense.

IMO

Well I will have to see the sick note I am afraid as people on here don’t believe Dan was in Hawaii so I can choose to believe this is a delaying tactic:p

All kidding aside I hope he is back on Tuesday as this trial was a complete farce a month ago. Now I have no words for how bad it is. Thank God the UK system is a millions time better than this and it will certainly stop me moaning about my country for awhile as California should be ashamed at how unprofessional trials are.

At the end of day it’s Patrick I feel for as this is NOT justice for his family. This is a complete mockery for a family that lost their life’s in the most barbaric way imaginable.

To be fair though, our sentences over here are an absolute joke! We could learn a lot from the States! Lol

The witness is calm like "cucumber" :D

"I'm sorry Ms. Rodriguez, Prosecutor, I think you might be learning that lesson the hard way."

Maline was saying it shouldn't reflect on him (or the defense) because of the delays. McGee is the lead counsel, McGee is sick. He is not faking. The judge seems to accept this as fact, as does the State since they have said nothing to dispute it. So Maline now has to go through everything that McGee has already done in preparation to question the witnesses, that were not his. He is doing what he can but at the same time is concerned about the perception that it is "him" that is delaying. This is why he mentioned a continuance today. I do not believe he thinks he will be prepared to question Dr. Rudin, and that is one witness I wouldn't want to be ill prepared for. I don't think he will have a problem questioning LE officers once he knows what he is questioning them about lol, it's the technical stuff that I am sure he is more worried about.
CM has to be kept in the loop. The DT is surely running all options past him.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 37s37 seconds ago
#McStay - A male jurors says he can't be here at all on May 9th, he'll be on a flight to Boise. A female juror says, laughing, "Not even for 5 mins?", which causes laughter from other jurors. Now we know how at least some jurors feel about the schedule of this trial.

It is beaut, they are laughing amongst themselves.
Let us hope, there is unity with the jurors, and accept '5 mins in court, and loads days off'.

The witness is calm like "cucumber" :D

"I'm sorry Ms. Rodriguez, Prosecutor, I think you might be learning that lesson the hard way."

"That's quite unusual that you are getting a judge so involved in a case asking questions of the witness, but he, this judge, has actually done this really throughout this trial. Have you ever seen that before?"

"It's pretty weird....."

That's my impression as well.

It doesn't matter how big and bold the text is, I heard the testimony and that included her looking at her statement transcript with det. Hanke where she said otherwise, and that statement was very early on. Her opinion or statements may have changed over the years, however it does not change what she said to Hanke imo.
So therefore in her recent testimony at trial you are accusing SB of perjuring herself? Accusing her of inconsistent statements over the years.

So therefore in her recent testimony at trial you are accusing SB of perjuring herself? Accusing her of inconsistent statements over the years.

The testimony speaks for itself and missy gave an accurate description of it, IMO. Who said anything about perjury?

The testimony speaks for itself and missy gave an accurate description of it, IMO. Who said anything about perjury?
My post was in reply to missy's post.
You will have to read back to put it into context.
I was talking about SB's testimony at trial, and that she had stated her previous statement to Hanke was a misunderstanding, and denied in court that the statement was correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro