CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who legally owned EIP at the time of the sale, was probate even initiated or was it ever, did the McStay family even care if the name was sold, was the company registered with the State, was the company even viable as a business at that point, and what EXACTLY did DK SELL? The name, the website, the customer contacts?
Did SB, MM, or PM claim the business or the name?
Obviously, it was done legally because DK had an attorney.
What are the 3 most prominent reasons for murder? Money, Sex, and Revenge. Murder for money involves taking funds not legally due the killer, ie theft.
The only person who gained financially before, during and after the murder was CM, through fraud and deceit.
Exactly. I think this point of contention definitely needs more clarity as to DK and exactly what was all entailed in this selling of JM's business or whatever was sold? And DK having a lawyer is obviously something DK had done through legal consult in regard to the matter.

I think Patrick cared.

Dan didn't have a lawyer actually, not according to the lawyer for the buyers that testified.

I would disagree that Chase was the only one that gained financially before/during/after the murders. I do think that the defense has shown that in the testimony. Joseph was paying him off for a year, on the 10th, Dan changed the password to the PayPal account and started transferring money to himself, and in July 2011, he sold the business for 20K plus liabilities plus he got 20% of net profits for a year after the sale I think. Does it mean he killed them? Nope, but I do think it's fair to say that Dan definitely profited after Feb 4th 2010 from the family missing IMO.

Here are some posts from @Bobcat1 that give some insight into what Patrick thought about this.

CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #17
What part in it all did PM have though? It was SB and MM that were taking care of the matter with DK & CM at the time though in regard to Joey's business being kept afloat. And i don't think PM was involved with that at the time or he more than likely would of been subpoenaed as a witness in the Trial like SB & MM were?

I think Patrick cared.

Dan didn't have a lawyer actually, not according to the lawyer for the buyers that testified.

I would disagree that Chase was the only one that gained financially before/during/after the murders. I do think that the defense has shown that in the testimony. Joseph was paying him off for a year, on the 10th, Dan changed the password to the PayPal account and started transferring money to himself, and in July 2011, he sold the business for 20K plus liabilities plus he got 20% of net profits for a year after the sale I think. Does it mean he killed them? Nope, but I do think it's fair to say that Dan definitely profited after Feb 4th 2010 from the family missing IMO.

Here are some posts from @Bobcat1 that give some insight into what Patrick thought about this.

Did PM or anyone else in the family LEGALLY do anything to retain the EIP name? Did they get an attorney to secure the business?
The company was sold over a year after the "disappearance". Anyone in their right mind would have secured the families assets or filed claims to keep the estate and business protected. Why didn't they set up a trustee?
I went through this kind of crap when my dad passed. No will, no spouse, no inkling he was dying. The vultures came out, but I covered all the bases.
JM and SM's families did NOT get legal counsel to protect JM and SM's assets, it is what it is.
DK saw an opportunity, he took it. CM probably would have but he's not business savy, he's just a blue collar felon.

Did PM or anyone else in the family LEGALLY do anything to retain the EIP name? Did they get an attorney to secure the business?
The company was sold over a year after the "disappearance". Anyone in their right mind would have secured the families assets or filed claims to keep the estate and business protected. Why didn't they set up a trustee?
I went through this kind of crap when my dad passed. No will, no spouse, no inkling he was dying. The vultures came out, but I covered all the bases.
JM and SM's families did NOT get legal counsel to protect JM and SM's assets, it is what it is.
DK saw an opportunity, he took it. CM probably would have but he's not business savy, he's just a blue collar felon.
Totally agree, and legal advice would certainly have been in order under the circumstances.

I think Patrick cared.

^^^ Thanks Missy1974.

And according to Patrick:

Patrick McStay Let the Truth be Told

1:01:30 Dan Kavanaugh making illegal paypal withdrawals from Joey's account

Patrick McStay's Book "McStays, Taken Too Soon"

19:50 Patrick on DK: "He's taking money illegally. He's embezzling."
21:20 "He was never a partner a squat!"
22:50 DK and Joey had a big fallout in 2009. In summer of 2009 Joey bought out DK.
After that, DK started his own business, Nexxus, wanted Joey to be his partner (needed Joey's help). Dan had nothing to do with EIP.
26:00 EIP was a partnership between Joey and Patrick
29:20 CM and DK didn't like each other

BBM
Patrick McStay is the only author I am aware of who was actually "gathering facts" about the McStay murder case. :rolleyes:

^^^ Thanks Missy1974.

And according to Patrick:

Patrick McStay Let the Truth be Told

1:01:30 Dan Kavanaugh making illegal paypal withdrawals from Joey's account

Patrick McStay's Book "McStays, Taken Too Soon"

19:50 Patrick on DK: "He's taking money illegally. He's embezzling."
21:20 "He was never a partner a squat!"
22:50 DK and Joey had a big fallout in 2009. In summer of 2009 Joey bought out DK.
After that, DK started his own business, Nexxus, wanted Joey to be his partner (needed Joey's help). Dan had nothing to do with EIP.
26:00 EIP was a partnership between Joey and Patrick
29:20 CM and DK didn't like each other
That is a book, NOT EVIDENCE or TESTIMONY.
If it had any relevance to this case, PM would be a witness.

No one did anything except of a lot of complaining. MM did at least get the domain back from Maloy an it routed back to the McStay website. I think Patrick said he talked with Maloy but it was after MM got the domain back?

As mere observers, who are any of us to say with certainty what DK did was wrong or illegal? We could (and have) debate this endlessly. In Dan's mind he may have firmly believed he was part owner as he was with Joseph from its incarnation and there is evidence that Joseph was paying him off. We haven't seen exactly the amount of the what the payoff was or how much he had been paid. The remainder was said to be $2000 but, imo, this could have been speculation. The $2000 withdrawal more support that, idk. A lawyer drew up the contract and by all accounts sounds to be legally binding. Dan wasn't posing as Joseph (like Chase). Patrick has said that he was part owner of EIP as well, so the question begs why hasn't he filed a civil suit against DK now 8 years in.

DK also sold the site a year and a half later. Imo, that's a really long con if he had anything to do with the murders. If DK had anything to do with it, he would have had to be involved with Merritt to carry it out. There's no other way around it. Merritt's digital footprints are all over this.

Last edited:
I doubt anyone said that a zillion times he's not a murderer. It's those who said he is a murderer that said it a zillion times. To convict someone, a proof is required. Saying he's a thief zillions times doesn't do anything to prove murder.
We can go round and round on this but what's the point? I think Merritt is a murderer and you don't. As far as proof of him being a murderer, there's a whole lot more than just A PROOF, whatever that means.

BBM

That is simply not true. DK would not have been able to sell the website with Joey still around. I don't care to argue whether it was a legal sale, doesn't even matter as it would not have happened. How much $ did MM get selling the stuff from the house? How much more $ did DK get out of the paypal account that he would not have otherwise.
BBM
Why does this matter? Do we know what MM did with any of the money he MAY have made? Did he pay Joey and Summer's bills? Did he pay Joey's child support? Did he put the money in trust for Joey's son?

BBM

That is simply not true. DK would not have been able to sell the website with Joey still around. I don't care to argue whether it was a legal sale, doesn't even matter as it would not have happened. How much $ did MM get selling the stuff from the house? How much more $ did DK get out of the paypal account that he would not have otherwise.
Speaking of untruths.....

BBM

BBM. That's the point, Joey wasn't around and it was over a year later.

BBM. That's the point, Joey wasn't around and it was over a year later.

exactly, Joey wasn't around. He would not have been able to sell it, even that much later, if Joey was around.
Your original point was that CM and CM only gained from their disappearance. I see multiple people that gained from it, doesn't mean any of them are guilty of the murder. They all took advantage of the situation to various degrees.

BBM
Why does this matter? Do we know what MM did with any of the money he MAY have made? Did he pay Joey and Summer's bills? Did he pay Joey's child support? Did he put the money in trust for Joey's son?

It matters in the sense that some want to point at CM stealing making him guilty, but he was not the only one who stole from Joey.

It matters in the sense that some want to point at CM stealing making him guilty, but he was not the only one who stole from Joey.
Do you have actual PROOF of MM stealing from anybody or is that just your assertion? Merritt was in fact the ONLY one who was writing checks, forging checks, impersonating Joey, the list goes on and on.

exactly, Joey wasn't around. He would not have been able to sell it, even that much later, if Joey was around.
Your original point was that CM and CM only gained from their disappearance. I see multiple people that gained from it, doesn't mean any of them are guilty of the murder. They all took advantage of the situation to various degrees.
Who are the multiple people who gained from their disappearance other than Merritt and possibly DK? I have seen no proof nor heard any testimony of others benefiting, perhaps I've missed it.

BBM
No, That is NOT what I posted. Re-read it:
"The only person who gained financially before, during and after the murder was CM, through fraud and deceit."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia