CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was doing some searching online and I came across this video from Quickbooks... it's a quick video and shows exactly how they found the checks that CM created/deleted. They don't show whether a password change would be on there, but it does show a "settings" on the one list of events that are logged. I will continue looking but thought I would share this, helps understand how they saw the checks were created/deleted and when :)

Thank you, the video provides a lot of insight and should be provided to the jury. After seeing this I would imagine that password changes are track but may not be available unless requested. It this hasn't been done the prosecution needs to do so, if they can show a password change was done on the day in question it would be a rather large nail in CM's coffin.

That would certainly fit the theory that the events leading to the murders began at the Rancho Cucamonga warehouse.

I am hazy on what meetings JM had that day

Was it just a lunch meeting with CM?

None of the other bodies were tied up or had a broken leg or rib. He was beaten and as far as I am aware the others were simply bludgeoned so a big difference.

One possibility is that it was more difficult to subdue a grown adult male than 2 very young kids and their mother

I suspect he was severely injured first and then tied up

Last edited:
So I was doing some searching online and I came across this video from Quickbooks... it's a quick video and shows exactly how they found the checks that CM created/deleted. They don't show whether a password change would be on there, but it does show a "settings" on the one list of events that are logged. I will continue looking but thought I would share this, helps understand how they saw the checks were created/deleted and when :)

I wonder if he added himself as a different user, otherwise why didn't he see his name in the pulldown menu and have to create a new lowercase charles merritt. Maybe the system wouldn't allow him to add a new vendor in the same name as one that already existed, which implies he didn't have access through Joey's login.

None of the other bodies were tied up or had a broken leg or rib. He was beaten and as far as I am aware the others were simply bludgeoned so a big difference.

IIRC Summer had some severe injuries to her jaw and facial bones (being beaten while being raped?? could also have been from the hammer I suppose), and one of the little one's also had a broken leg.

One possibility is that it was more difficult to subdue a grown adult male that 2 very young kids and their mother

I suspect he was severely injured first and then tied up
But, why didn't the severe injury progress to a an immediate killing? There'd be no reason for the killer to bind and restrain a corpse.

I wonder if he added himself as a different user, otherwise why didn't he see his name in the pulldown menu and have to create a new lowercase charles merritt. Maybe the system wouldn't allow him to add a new vendor in the same name as one that already existed, which implies he didn't have access through Joey's login.

I *think* we would have heard about that already if he had created a new user. Watching that video gives me a much clearer picture of how they knew about the checks. This seems like a fairly simple process and could have been found within minutes actually.

I am curious to know if there were any other users at all though.

I wish they would hurry up with this trial and get to this info haha All these breaks... :mad:

ETA: creating a new user, he would have had to have known the admin password too, just from the reading I just did ;-) imo

Last edited:
There are probably several different levels of access, users, administrators...

But, why didn't the severe injury progress to a an immediate killing? There'd be no reason for the killer to bind and restrain a corpse.

a thought crossed my mind the other day when reading something... maybe the cord was wrapped around him to just make it easier to move him? wrap him.. pull him around by the cord? in and out of a truck... the blanket to contain the blood and just plainly to cover a body.. the tie wrap, again to make moving him easier?

The end of the cord, or one end of it anyway, was found in the other gravesite, my first thought was pulling on it and it breaking off.

All JMO

IIRC Summer had some severe injuries to her jaw and facial bones (being beaten while being raped?? could also have been from the hammer I suppose), and one of the little one's also had a broken leg.

Do you have a link for one of the kids having a broken leg as I thought both children were too decomposed and they only found the skulls for them?

I don’t even remember that mentioned on the opening day. I remember Summer having front head wounds but I assumed she had been struck with the hammer.

Do you have a link for one of the kids having a broken leg as I thought both children were too decomposed and they only found the skulls for them?

I don’t even remember that mentioned on the opening day. I remember Summer having front head wounds but I assumed she had been struck with the hammer.

I might be wrong about the leg.. I may have the Sr./ Jr. mixed up... I remember seeing the bone on the screen and I thought it was one of the little guys.

A link to the OS post about the bodies:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/opening-statements.413276/#post-14731676

I was going to quote the injury’s but it just makes me feel sick so I won’t but no mention of the children having a broken leg.

I was too, but decided to just put the link :( Reading them again though, I am positive I am wrong about one of the boys having a broken leg. Thanks for making me check!

Yes, in Rancho at chick fil a
It was a 2 hour meeting however, it's unknown how much time was spent at the restaurant having lunch. I rememberer reading a few years ago about a nearby warehouse or a storage shed that had been rented by JM's business and something about the lock being changed or someone buying a new lock from the on site manager to replace the old lock that was on the businesses' storage shed on the day in question.

a thought crossed my mind the other day when reading something... maybe the cord was wrapped around him to just make it easier to move him? wrap him.. pull him around by the cord? in and out of a truck... the blanket to contain the blood and just plainly to cover a body.. the tie wrap, again to make moving him easier?

The end of the cord, or one end of it anyway, was found in the other gravesite, my first thought was pulling on it and it breaking off.

All JMO
But SM wasn't bound, wasn't she about the same size as Joey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18