CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol the video I watched was only 1:41, it was addressing whether CM did it alone.

Unfortunately, I am a little sceptical of what the DA or LE say, this might be one of those things that they just will not be able to say how he did it, but they still believe he did, alone or not alone.

It's the video entitled: "We have the evidence" on that page.

That statement is very clear.

No DA is going to state something publicly in the affirmative if they know they really don't have it.

That would be political suicide since DAs are elected.

The SBSO MUST have had CM under surveillance, once he became the suspect in the MS's family murder. That is how I interpreted it.

It is the video entitled "We have the evidence." Just to be clear.

Found it... but the question was not just "do you know how he got the Trooper down there and got back?"

It was...

Q: Can one person kill a family of 4, bury the bodies 100 miles North in the Mojave Desert, drop the car 250 South at the Mexico border, can one, can one person do all that and then return home to make it look like he was home that night to receive a phone call from Joseph McStay?

A: Yes

Q: It's possible?

A: And we have the evidence to prove that.

IMO he is addressing the crime as a whole, not the Trooper and how he got back, which is what the original comments were about :confused::confused:

Found it... but the question was not just "do you know how he got the Trooper down there and got back?"

It was...

Q: Can one person kill a family of 4, bury the bodies 100 miles North in the Mojave Desert, drop the car 250 South at the Mexico border, can one, can one person do all that and then return home to make it look like he was home that night to receive a phone call from Joseph McStay?

A: Yes

Q: It's possible?

A: And we have the evidence to prove that.

IMO he is addressing the crime as a whole, not the Trooper and how he got back, which is what the original comments were about :confused::confused:

I thought the mileage from Desert to Border was EXACTLY what he knew about the murders?

Sorry... I don't understand? lol :oops: exactly what who knew?

The SBDA's Office. The State has made strong/compelling statements about CM's involvement in this case. Now they have to PROVE what has been stated in public, IMO. From that interview, I understood that the DA has evidence that CM was the suspect, how he dumped the Trooper at the border and buried them in the Desert. That is how I understood that interview.

The SBDA's Office. The State has made strong/compelling statements about CM's involvement in this case. Now they have to PROVE what has been stated in public, IMO. From that interview, I understood that the DA has evidence that CM was the suspect, how he dumped the Trooper at the border and buried them in the Desert. That is how I understood that interview.

BBM I agree.

And yes, I understand that the interview was given after CM was arrested, so they better have had evidence LOL I don't doubt that they have evidence, I doubt that they have specific evidence to prove how he got back from the border, which is what we had been discussing :)

BBM I agree.

And yes, I understand that the interview was given after CM was arrested, so they better have had evidence LOL I don't doubt that they have evidence, I doubt that they have specific evidence to prove how he got back from the border, which is what we had been discussing :)

BTW, what is BBM?

I thought the DA was talking about the Trooper and how CM got home? I guess his blanket statement of having evidence is yet to be seen.

That's what I said to my attorney brother. But he made a good case for the 1 and a half lunch. He has done trials with 45 min lunches, hour long lunches and hour and a half.

He said that in an intense trial, with a lot of data and complicated evidence, the jury needs a long break. He says it takes them about 15 minutes , to wash up and use the restroom right after the break. Then it takes awhile to order lunch, or be transported to a close place to eat.

In a high profile murder case, the judge usually wants them to stay together and with a bailiff during lunch time. Not all do, but I wonder if this judge does?

Anyway, they usually have to wait a bit for their food to arrive, and then eating for the 12 to 14 of them takes 45 more minutes. They need to decompress and relax a bit. So now it has been about an hour and 15 minutes.

So they have 15 left to wash up and use the facilities and clear their minds, and then get ready for the afternoon testimonies.

I think my bro might be right. The jurors might need that break. Members here have said that they can only watch for so long, it is so annoying, all the bickering etc. The jurors are right there and cannot escape it.
I can attest to that, and LOL also if one is a smoker and needs to find a place for that. BTW, I am now a non-smoker, but I recall those times very well.

The day the Isuzu Trooper is found:

Monday, February 8 – Their white Isuzu Trooper was impounded from a shopping center near the Mexican border. The car was found abandoned or towed.

February 8 – per CM: he drove to Joseph’s house because he knew something wasn’t right. “We talked many times daily on the phone and now I couldn’t get a hold of him at all for four days, so I thought I’d just drive down there.” On his way to Joseph’s house, he stopped by Joseph’s mother’s house. He asked her if she had heard from her son in the past few days. ‘On the fourth day I drove out to his house, stopping at his mother’s on the way. I asked if she’d heard from him and she said she hadn’t. She called Mikey (Joseph's brother) and I suggested he meet me out there. “She looked at her phone and realized she hadn’t heard from him since Thursday the week before, so I drove on to the house,” he said. I drove out, but Mikey didn’t call me. ‘The family’s dogs were out in the backyard, so I gave them some water and food. I opened up a shed in the back for them to go in because it was cold and wet. He didn’t go in the house but walked around back and found the dogs there. He fed the dogs with food he knew was in the storage shed and left the shed door ajar so the dogs would have cover. “It had been a rainy few days and there was no place for them to find cover but in the shed.” 'On the way back I stopped at his mother’s again and told her to get Mikey out there.
RSBM

I don't understand why Susan didn't ask Mikey to check on his brother. Where did?/does Mikey live, wasn't it closer than CM?

Sooner or later after already loaning CM 43k even CM knew Joey would want to be paid back.

Maybe Joey had already approached him about paying the thousands back he owed him.

This may have even heatedly discussed the very same day of the meeting that put all of this in play.

Imo, the walls were closing in for Merritt.

Imo

yes the walls were closing in and he was looking at prison time if convicted of fraud and major theft - I think he felt cornered and murder was his only way out

The State has yet to prove their case.
And that seems to be a problem. So far, many have said they have yet to see any evidence to convince them of CM's guilt, but still believe he is the one who murdered the McStays. I don't know where they got their info for evidence. Maybe it shouldn't have been brought to court yet. I know the State/detectives,DA's office and many others did a terrific job on the Erin Corwin case in 29 Palms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor