CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I *think* it was listed under the name of the house the camera was located at, so they had to search for the files/video/etc?

Oh that could be, maybe I misunderstood. Though I thought he said something about having to re-do testing or something to that effect, I'm going to listen again to that whole segment.

Totally agree. Belittle our views that are largely rooted in facts, to THEN follow it up with completely erroneous rumor about family members selling off household items for financial gain. You lose a great deal of credibility going in directions that have zero viability or value.

A few examples, in no particular order, original quotes without authors' names,
based on which I made the comment (multi quotes not working, besides, I don't pay attention to authors, only the comments themselves. I don't follow a particular member, so I probably liked and unliked some same people):

==============================================
"I think he has been accused of Domestic Violence in the past. That is not that much of a different nature. And also of financial crimes, also a similar nature. To me, it just shows what his way of thinking and doing is like."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Let's not forget that CM spent years in prison. He very well knows how to "deal" with LE, he even wanted to represent himself in this case as well. He knew that if he didn't seem "interested" about their disappearance, it would have been a "red flag" to LE, as in, what is he trying to hide?, IMO."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"I’m going to sound like a lawyer trying to have it both ways:

1: I don’t think we know that he passed a lie detector test.

2: Sociopaths are good at passing lie detector tests, even when they’re lying."
------------------------------------------------------------------
"I just wanted to say his mentioning his girlfriend as his wife, kids he is a little "partial" about, health requiring no jail time—all stuff to make the cops think he would have never done this and keep him out of jail is what it sounds like, trying to paint himself as a good person? He did stuff like this in the years leading up to the trial, his stupid stall tactics, crocodile tears and "can't you see my puppy eyes" & "I'm wrongly accused" type look."
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Does anyone think Chase’s internet searches for what kids need to travel to Mexico might be related to Chase taking off with his own kids? Disappearing with kids where no child support would be necessary? What ages were his children then? TIA!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Not from Hawaii, he couldn’t."​
=================================================

I have followed this case from day 1, it brought me to Websleuths. My career and personal way of decision making is analytical. This is the only case where I have encountered intimidation when stating my opinion. I stopped participating (along with a few of the other long time posters) when we were harassed for holding differing opinions. I came back because I want to hear and see all of the evidence in order to determine guilt. I refuse to pronounce CM guilty, partially guilty or not guilty until I weigh the evidence for myself. There are definitely issues that trouble me. Some of them are not allowed to be discussed here because we are a family friendly website. The fact that JM's brother took the computers out of the home and had to be ordered to return them raises doubt regarding information on them that may have been compromised. I have similar concerns regarding the fact that family entered the home, prior to an official investigation, and cleaned up (including throwing out trash). I'm waiting to see the "proof" that DK was in Hawaii on the specific date of the murder(s). I'm also interested in finding out more about exactly how angry the sheet metal company was regarding EIP.

^^^ Thanks for this comment.

Oh that could be, maybe I misunderstood. Though I thought he said something about having to re-do testing or something to that effect, I'm going to listen again to that whole segment.

You can rewind the live feed, almost 2 hours actually

Ok... so I rewound... It sounds like he got more info about the house, or something like that, so they did more a week ago, and just transmitted that last night, and it sounds like the prosecutor doesn't even have that yet either?

Ok... so I rewound... It sounds like he got more info about the house, or something like that, so they did more a week ago, and just transmitted that last night, and it sounds like the prosecutor doesn't even have that yet either?

To be fair to the defense, the State sometimes wants the exhibits and videos sent in late, so the defense doesn't have enough time to tear it apart by their experts. Actually, both sides do that.

To be fair to the defense, the State sometimes wants the exhibits and videos sent in late, so the defense doesn't have enough time to tear it apart by their experts. Actually, both sides do that.
This trial is not running like a very well oiled machine.........you'd think both sides had more than enough time to get their stuff together, work out their "other trial" logistics. and provide discovery in an appropriate time frame.

Even this witness was NOT aware that the video in question was related to a homicide case. :eek::eek:

He did say that after the second (I think) communication, he got curious and went on the Internet to search and see what the case was about. He claimed that he didn't get to know too much about the case (he said a surgeon doesn't want to get into patient's life too much), but I'd be surprised if he didn't read more than a little about the case.

Yeah lol It's a bit of a game, isn't it?

I have been able t rewind, I am missing the beginning, but am watching. I can't see why the testimony wouldn't be allowed, but I will not be surprised if the judge allows the defense some time to prepare for this.

Judge just asked him a question if he would call the truck consistent...
This guy just said he wouldn't call the truck consistent or inconsistent with the truck in the video.

I am into the defense questioning of him, and here come the running lights haha

This trial is not running like a very well oiled machine.........you'd think both sides had more than enough time to get their stuff together, work out their "other trial" logistics. and provide discovery in an appropriate time frame.

Right!!!! The delays, the late filings... the late witnesses... crazy! I mean ... BOTH sides have had years to get ready, this stuff should have been done and worked out long before now. And this is in regards to both sides.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 6h6 hours ago
#McStay - The QuickBooks customer service rep that the state is going to call is having surgery and can't be there in the person. The defense is arguing they don't want to have him testify via video. Judge says he can testify via Skype. Arguments still going

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 5h5 hours ago
#CharlesMerritt in court today. Court is in recess until 1:30pm PST/4:30 EST

DyqpUlvUYAAdVAa.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 3h3 hours ago
#McStay - Watch Live: State has put a witness on the stand to proffer - to allow both sides to question him and judge will decide what will come into trial. Remember, no jury today. Leonid Rudin, forensic photography, reconstruction, enhancements. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/charles-merritt/watch-live-charles-merritt-trial-for-murder-of-couple-and-children-2/ …

DyrI8EMVAAEB_sP.jpg

0 replies1 retweet0 likes

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 3h3 hours ago
#McStay - Rudin's company analyzed the neighbor's video showing headlights, taillight of a vehicle that prosecutor's say is Merritt's truck and added measurements.

DyrOI8gUYAAgmL0.jpg

0 replies1 retweet0 likes

Well there is no sign there was a fight as Chase only had marks to his hands.

I don’t think Chase had the balls to attack Joey face to face. I definitely think he would of waited for Joey to have his guard down. This is why Joey was bound as well.

Ok. that's fine.
I was just speaking as a generalization.

Whether or not they fought, I have no idea...i wasn't there.
But, I do feel there must have been some sort of struggle, enough to have to contain him like that. jmo

my take on truck guy...

I didn't watch the beginning of the testimony, will try to do that later. It looks like it could be Merritt's truck, but there still seems to be some question about whether it is or isn't. I refer back to my other post where he tells the judge he wouldn't say it is or isn't consistent with the truck, which still leaves wiggle room. I want just something in this case to be solid LOL

As for the testimony... I am not sure how much this guy has testified in court, but it could be "eyes glazing over" type testimony in front of the jury. Give McGee some time, and I bet his questions will be much more pointed and will pinpoint the 'doubt'.

Dude is VERY smart and he knows it haha Kept saying it was in his head, McGee kept asking him "where did you get that from?" "how did you know that?" "did you have it written down?" <<< he was looking to see if there are notes or bench notes that they did not get. McGee, or probably more so their expert, wants to know how he got what he got, like McGee said this morning... show your work. I look at like a lab tech testifying that they got DNA and matched it, they don't just say they matched it, they show how and give bench notes/reports on what they did to come to that conclusion.

I can't see why the judge wouldn't allow this, but I could see him giving some time to prepare. He did say that the powerpoint was just done, and the prosecutor was even missing something that he was supposed to have received last night but couldn't find.

All JMO :)

I've followed this story since the McStays went missing. Now I find out that I live blocks away from the courthouse where the trial is being held. In fact been inside the building, been inside the jury room and several court rooms. I must say I found the people who work there are very nice and friendly. I'll have to start watching the trial by video as there's no way I'll get inside. My heart has always ached for the McStays and especially their families.

Everyone,
This thread is to discuss the trial. The evidence at the trial. Let's not rehash past theories that are not relevant anymore. Let's keep the discussion up to date with the information at hand via the trial.

I'm closing this thread and will be starting another one shortly.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member