CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.

I'm confused.

Why would we not use CM to describe the killer when he is the one on trial???

I've never seen such a thing happen the entire time I've followed murder trials here and elsewhere.

The name of the one on trial is used in every trial to describe the killer so somehow it's supposed to be different for CM? I truly don't understand that or why.

As for the presumption of innocence that has long passed.

That is only the judicial standard the jury must go by before testimony starts being entered.

When they first sitdown defendants have that presumption before any testimony is heard. That is why they are told during jury instructions that openings and closings aren't evidence.

The presumption of innocence legally can erode away at anytime during the trial depending on the witnesses testifying that begins to sway that presumption

If the presumption of innocence lasted throughtout the trial then we wouldn't ever have fast verdicts. I have seen one murder trial have a verdict of guilty in 15 minutes which means the presumption no longer held up when it started at the beginning, and probably hadn't shortly after the witnesses started testifying and it kept crumbling.

As for believing he is totally innocent shocks me somewhat with the incriminating evidence in its totality that has already been entered,

I do respect whatever anyone wants to believe.

I would be very interested in knowing what facts have been entered thus far that convinces anyone he is a completely innocent man.

Being innocent, and being found NG aren't legally anything alike. No one is ever found innocent during any criminal trial.

Often in other cases when the jury speaks out after finding a defendant guilty it can be one of the earlier witnesses they heard from that they said was most compelling in finding them guilty so that shows in many cases the presumption doesn't last for very long.

Imo
Totally agree. Belittle our views that are largely rooted in facts, to THEN follow it up with completely erroneous rumor about family members selling off household items for financial gain. You lose a great deal of credibility going in directions that have zero viability or value.

Russon:
"The gist is Ryan Baker, QuickBooks customer service rep is having surgery and prosecution wants to have him appear via video before surg which I believe is Thurs. Defense says they want him there"

The defense is complaining that they have not been given doctor's notes to prove the witness is having surgery or to prove he cannot travel...
Omg. These pathetic humans.

I thought they were going to skype with the QB rep. Judge needs to go at 4, so they have 15 minutes left.

I think they are going to Skype, but not today. I think that is tomorrow morning. They just discussed it today to set the parameters, etc. The poor guy is going in for surgery on Thursday, so he willl likely be a bit fragile tomorrow.

Watch the morning discussions too. Some fireworks between both sides over upcoming witnesses, etc.

I did watch the replay of that... I was expecting the QB's guy this afternoon. I'm just tuning in to L&C now... this sounds like Greek to me haha I need to see the beginning to understand a bit more. From reading comments, and from the little bit I've heard already... McGee needs to do some research, which is basically why they are doing this hearing from what I understood from this morning... the defense had no report, no clue how this guy did the video, etc. He probably has his "expert" texting him through this LOL

I did watch the replay of that... I was expecting the QB's guy this afternoon. I'm just tuning in to L&C now... this sounds like Greek to me haha I need to see the beginning to understand a bit more. From reading comments, and from the little bit I've heard already... McGee needs to do some research, which is basically why they are doing this hearing from what I understood from this morning... the defense had no report, no clue how this guy did the video, etc. He probably has his "expert" texting him through this LOL

Yes, it seems that his expert is texting him questions. He is reading technical question to the witness, but doesn't seem to understand what they mean, so it doesn't really help him any.

Ok... so sounds like they will be arguing about it tomorrow? lol I am a little lost here... what happened to QB's guy?

judge asking him questions now---

'did you do other experiments? Are they still in the computer too? '

judge says to come back tomorrow at 10:30

The defense says that at 9am, they want to have a meeting about the lack of timely discovery from the state.

Done for today.

Last edited:
How long does it usually take to get the videos up on YouTube? I didn't get to see the camera pan to CM today as I was distracted by life around me. ;)

Yes. Today.

It sounds to me that the reason is because he initially did the testing off of the wrong house lol, did I hear that right?

I *think* it was listed under the name of the house the camera was located at, so they had to search for the files/video/etc?

How long does it usually take to get the videos up on YouTube? I didn't get to see the camera pan to CM today as I was distracted by life around me. ;)

It was towards the end of the hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member