Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #193

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If as you state there is no audio, I’m curious how would anyone hear the confessions?
I suspect the ones with audio are those made over the phone. The other ones, maybe just notes. LE seem to be okay with “notes.” JMO of course.

Perhap's LE should give US the damn files and let us figure out who was where, when and who said what to whom, when, where, why and how. We could probably sort out in one giant team any issues with alibis etc... and get this thing on the road!

Perhaps attempts to call out were made but the phone was not working properly or could not get cell service once they got across the creek.
I guess we will find out at trial. The state will most likely have every swipe and keystroke from LG’s phone and present it as evidence.
Jmo

I'm surprised there is cell service at all back there. Or maybe there isn't.

At what point does the number of "confessions" without pleading guilty become absurd and literally unbelievable?

Well if his wife had taken his confessions at face value and accepted them he would have pleaded guilty by now. That was his aim I believe until she rejected him so he reverted back.

ETA - I am not blaming her because she had a choice to make. Just my reading of the situation.

ETAA the link from where it came from

IMHO

Last edited:
At what point does the number of "confessions" without pleading guilty become absurd and literally unbelievable?

If he disclosed information nobody else would’ve known about that could prove very incriminating. Also he spoke of motive. But yes I agree at face value without knowing the context of any of them 61 confessions seems rather absurd.

Well if his wife had taken his confessions at face value and accepted them he would have pleaded guilty by now. That was his aim I believe until she rejected him so he reverted back.

ETA - I am not blaming her because she had a choice to make. Just my reading of the situation.

IMHO

This is not based in fact.

I did put IMO but I did a google search as well. So I believe I am covered by stating it was my opinion based on my understanding of the situation. At no point did I state it was a fact I just checked my post again.

It’s also raised here by murder sheet

Not a fact, but the possibility that sustaining the relationship with his wife and mother became more important than disclosing the truth, as has been discussed.

“Many of Allen's confessions were made directly to his wife and mother, who both reacted initially with "disbelief and shock," Harshman said.

As time progressed, Harshman said that Allen continued to make incriminating statements to his family, who refused to hear it, telling him, "They're messing with your mind," or, "Stop talking about it."..”

Where exactly can I find that all “61” confessions were made over the phone? Just curious.

Indiana State Police Detective Brian Harshman testified that he has reviewed 650-670 of Allen’s phone calls during his incarceration covering more than 150 hours.

Harshman said Allen has confessed more than 60 times, most often to his wife and mother, who expressed disbelief, concerns about his mental state or changed the subject.

It was in late March, after his “Come to Jesus” moment, when the confession phone calls began, said the detective.

“He talked about these crimes very specifically,” Harshman said.

Prosecutor Stacy Diener asked Harshman if Allen’s confessions contained details of the crime.

“That’s correct,” answered Harshman, adding that Allen also discussed his motivation in allegedly committing the killings.

Indiana State Police Detective Brian Harshman testified that he has reviewed 650-670 of Allen’s phone calls during his incarceration covering more than 150 hours.

Harshman said Allen has confessed more than 60 times, most often to his wife and mother, who expressed disbelief, concerns about his mental state or changed the subject.

It was in late March, after his “Come to Jesus” moment, when the confession phone calls began, said the detective.

“He talked about these crimes very specifically,” Harshman said.

Prosecutor Stacy Diener asked Harshman if Allen’s confessions contained details of the crime.

“That’s correct,” answered Harshman, adding that Allen also discussed his motivation in allegedly committing the killings.
Thank you! Can’t wait to hear it all!

This is why the defense is trying to hit the 4:33am text messages so hard - they're trying to claim that the girls were actually murdered around 4:33am and that none of the Odinists' alibis account for this variation in the timeline.

The issue with this is that they don't have a good answer to who BG is and how BG then becomes uninvolved in the crimes. The door is still open for RA to be BG, and the Odinists just join in later. The direction this is going will quickly result in RA admitting to kidnapping the girls but denying culpability for the murders.

All my opinion.
I see virtually no room for an alternative independent of RA.

We already have the bizarre coincidence of Libby’s communication with the Anthony Shots profile the night before her murder. Then we have to believe another coincidence - that BG had nothing to do with the catfishing or communication with the a_shots profile.

Next coincidence: RA was on the bridge, dressed like BG, in the same timeframe as the girls, and somehow he was not BG.

Assuming RA=BG, we would have to believe in yet ANOTHER coincidence with Libby photographing BG, then being murdered, and RA/BG not being the murderer.

The only way it works.. and it’s a huge stretch, is to believe in coincidences, and to also believe that L&A left the trails for a number of hours after BG marched them down the hill, went elsewhere, then returned with a different person or persons who murdered them, presumably the Odinists.

Too many coincidences for me to consider plausible.

jmo

It's mainly speculation. What I have been able to piece together from the 3 hearings is that there was a flurry of text messages that indicates LG's phone reconnected to the cell phone tower. We don't really know why this occurred - some might, but we don't. But there are really only a few possibilities, like the phone being turned on, some sort of weird glitch with the phone, the phone being out of range and being brought back into range, or the phone just plain being able to re-acquire a signal for some reason.

I believe the defense is mainly trying to paint the picture that the girls were taken from the crime scene and then returned later, but I don't find that very convincing because they would have had to taken paths to and from that area that were fully out of cell phone range. Otherwise the text messages would have come at a much earlier time.

My speculation would be that sometimes cell tower propagation is just weird and the phone could not establish a good connection to the tower until the right tree was blown in the right direction (or some sort of similar event) that helped clear up the line of sight to the tower just enough to let the phone connect. Ultimately, it takes a lot more info (which I believe the prosecution and defense at least should have) to reach any solid conclusions about the phone.

All my opinion.
In the latest MS podcast, 'The Defence's Third Party Memorandum', they mention that during the pretrial hearing a crime-scene analysis expert testified that there was only evidence of absolutely minimal moving of the girls post-death. (It is heart-wrenching, but Greenlee said - it was so minimal, as if someone was checking if Libby was still breathing).

So if the Crime Scene investigator didn't misread the blood evidence TERRIBLY, the idea of the bodies having been moved is a non-starter. I don't think the DT disputed that testimony, btw.

All my understanding and MOO

Or it's possible someone could have used his CSAM set-up knowledge, that he was using to distribute, as a means to catfish kids themselves, independent of KAK?
That's the one theory I find very believable. From MS I recall that many different ppl had access to the anthony_shots profile - but because they were all using the same login, potentially on burner phones, we might never know who was using it and if it was RA.

But if it was RA, in theory, using a CSAM ring/group to find girls, I hope he gets the justice he deserves. IMO. All MOO.

I'm not @susiQ but the link is in my signature.
Do I have to click on your profile and be taken off the thread to see your "link in signature"?

I can't see your signature block (first time hearing about "signature lines on our profiles") on ths page in this thread.

I thought our reference links had to be provided with the post that it was applicable to?

Colour me confused.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54
Back