CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, maybe in the future many more cases will be solved by video showing how it happened, and by whom. In recent years video footage is playing such an important role in solving cases, although most of the cases I see on ID or OWN it is crimes that happened outside of the home.

I truly wish Joey did have a secreted camera inside of his home that CM knew nothing about.

If so, CM wouldnt have been able to walk around scot free for years to victimize others bilking them also out of thousands. Imo, Joey, and his family maybe would have been discovered much quicker.

I think if Joey did have camera footage inside of his home, LE would have started searching for their bodies in areas CM would feel were his personal comfort zones.

He did exactly like so many other murderers like him have done by discarding the victims bodies in areas they feel comfortable being in.

But sadly, in this case, it is what it is, and defendants have been discovered for decades, and brought to justice based on good old detective work where they were able to amass an overwhelming amount of CE to put them away.

Imo

It is ironic that Ms Mitchelly had cameras for her own safety, and yet here we are with her neighbor's deaths.

so they didn't meet on other days where there are multiple phonecalls?

Chase was at the McStay home a lot the week of the disappearance (and he helped them move and he built the shed), so they did meet other days. And on those other days their contacts were more than the calls on the 4th.

It should be noted that when Kevin Boles testified, his numbers as to contacts differed from the phone log that was published. So we may have to wait for Kevin to know for sure what the number of contacts actually was.

Are we allowed to know the member name of the poster who was suspected to be Chase, and are his posts still there? I assume you are talking about posts on the private McStay forum. Sorry I cannot attach this to HelenK's post now.
It's somewhere in the back of my mind. Just can't retrieve it. Could have been Court TV boards? They were on fire in the early days. I do recall there was an article in the UK Daily Mail where his responded in the posts?

It's somewhere in the back of my mind. Just can't retrieve it. Could have been Court TV boards? They were on fire in the early days. I do recall there was an article in the UK Daily Mail where his responded in the posts?

I didn’t think CM was at WS. Thought he just commented after a media article. Think I have his comments. I’ll post if I find them.

Yes. In the very beginning. I thought he did this so he would have access to all the records. And indeed he did. Sitting in his cell.

Calif Pro-Per inmates DO have access to the State's Records, as long as they legally know how to obtain them.
Deputies are allowed to search those records, not read them, looking for ANY contraband the inmate may be trying to hide. They are also granted access to the Jails "Law Library," which many use to simply get out of their cell for awhile.

IMO the giveaway was that McGee spent his critical opening minutes talking about how amazing his elite experts were and no time talking about the innocence of his client.

This is all about manufacturing some doubt via experts when you have no case, with DK as the hail mary.

Good on him. It's the only strategy he has with a conman as a client

True, this defense had no other choice than to go with the overused, imo, defense strategy, of SODDI, and they selected DK to be the IT this time.

Actually, it's a pretty typical defense strategy often used.

I've always thought its unwise for any DT to put all of their eggs in one basket.

Imo

It is ironic that Ms Mitchelly had cameras for her own safety, and yet here we are with her neighbor's deaths.

And she was very attentive to what was being recorded on those cameras. She monitored them closely-it wasn't just a "in-case-of-burglary" concern. She was very concerned. Very.

It's hard to imagine there wasn't more to that story.

Calif Pro-Per inmates DO have access to the State's Records, as long as they legally know how to obtain them.
Deputies are allowed to search those records, not read them, looking for ANY contraband the inmate may be trying to hide. They are also granted access to the Jails "Law Library," which many use to simply get out of their cell for awhile.
Thank you. As to getting out of their cell for awhile I can't help but think he is so psyched to be in the court room every day. Out the cell. Clean pressed shirt probably supplied by his family.

Icare is supposedly Chase commenting following a DailyUK article.

'Prime suspect' in McStay murder mystery breaks his silence | Daily Mail Online

Icare, Hesperia, United States, 5 years ago

Again I say. Joseph did not come into his money suddenly. He worked his *advertiser censored* off for it. Often 16 hrs a day. His business was very well established and successful. It was years in the making.

Icare, Hesperia, United States, 5 years ago

The man that said Joseph couldn't afford rent Ida a liar. Very misinformed or just wants his 5 minutes in the spot light. The small bit of trouble with his landlord if I remember correctly was because of his very large dog. And a parking issue. Nothing more. Joseph paid his bills. This man is but a tenant in Joseph's old place. and Joseph's money didn't come suddenly. He worked his but off for what he had and doesn't deserve to be speculated about. I know this first hand. And as far as micheal is concerned, again I say, no one is perfect. I am sure he has regrets of not acting faster on the information but so does the rest of the family I'm sure. Hindsight is 20-20. At the time I was very concerned but I only tried to prompt them to call authorities and didn't act on it myself as soon as I probably should. I, of course have regrets but its not going to help us find the one or ones that did this horrible thing to this family.

Thank you. As to getting out of their cell for awhile I can't help but think he is so psyched to be in the court room every day. Out the cell. Clean pressed shirt probably supplied by his family.

OMG, he is LOVING it! I know from experience from working in LE for 18 years. ANY time an inmate get's out of his cell, especially those who are housed alone, they thrive for any human contact with other people.

Inmates will make any excuse to go to the Dentist, see the Dr, or whomever that can get them out from the chaos that happens in the dayroom or out of their cell when being housed alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06