CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having owned with my husband a custom home construction company having many hundred employees and sub-contractors.

IMO I don’t believe these folks are shaky hand kind of people. Maybe if we ran into them at a church function or a funeral but at chick fila or McDonalds nah. Just a tip of the hat hi sufficed. If we took a few to lunch again no handshake just a thanks.

So IMO and life experiences I don’t believe JM And CM had a handshake on 2-4. Especially if JM found out about JM stealing money from him.

Another thing about gamblers, they lie, steal and cheat from anyone and everyone. It’s sad but true. My BIL is a gambler and owes us over a couple hundred thousand that we will never see. We are retired now and my husband just found out his brother stole most of his tools and sold or pawned them. The tools were at his nephews in a trailer.

Sick addiction!!!!

MOO

I agree. At this point I honestly have no idea how he's been locked up for so long.. I haven't seen/heard anything that hasn't been posted on here years ago.. kind of scary to think LE could hold someone on a murder charge for using a strange company's account that's associated with a strange missing family with even stranger family members after a bunch of other strange people connected to this strange company also withdrew from it, and having lunch with your friend.. and potentially touching his steering wheel. I mean there is more evidence presented that the mother was guilty after the fact of cleaning up a quadruple murder.. nothing on Chase as far as actually slaying the family and transporting them.

So far, there is nothing actually tying Chase to the act of murder. Nothing.

My head almost exploded from the idea of him being able to pass a lie detector test on any subject :)

Remember, the ‘lie detector test’ doesn’t detect lies. At best, it detects the stress from telling lies. The more easily and confidently someone tells lies, without guilt or shame, the more apt that person is to pass. (This is a layman’s interpretation of why lie detector tests are almost never admitted in court.)

Edited to fix a typo

Last edited:
We will never know all the evidence there was or, as yet unknown, evidence there still potentially is on this case. Not trying to be snarky here, but where's the evidence that I didn't commit this crime? Or that you didn't?

The issue at stake in this trial isn't really who beside Merritt could have committed this crime, it is whether there is evidence to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Merritt is the killer.

It is really that simple.
Yep, and we're going to find that out ........ eventually - if we don't die of old age first ............

Chase Merritt is a proven smooth operating con man.
IF he took a lie detector test and cleared it, there has been no testimony that he did.

The ONLY person stating that he passed a lie detector test, is Chase Merritt.

Seeing as he is a proven liar, I do not believe anything that comes or came out of his mouth.
I was thinking about that and I wonder if LE would be so dumb, as to tell the person one way or another, anyway? Why give a POI a heads-up? They probably used sketchy results, as a reason to tap his phones. And let him believe, that he fooled them.

It bothers me that Don Jone's tests weren't completely blind.

When I was listening today... and he said he had "suspect 1", it wasn't labelled as Chase Merritt, I was hoping they would ask if they had "suspect 2" LOL I missed little bits and pieces and probably won't be able to catch up completely until tomorrow though *sigh*

Remember, the ‘lie detector test’ doesn’t detect lies. At best, it detects the stress from telling lies. The more easily and confidently someone tells lies, without guilt or shame, the more apt that person is to pass. (This is a layman’s interpretation of why lie detector tests are almost never admitted in court.)

Edited to fix a typo

I've always thought that LE uses the "are you willing to take a lie detector test?" as an indication of who was willing and not willing!

I've also heard to never take one (even if you know you are innocent) because there are so many factors, including who is interpreting them, the meds you are on, etc. They are "interesting" but far from evidence IMO

Yep, and we're going to find that out ........ eventually - if we don't die of old age first ............

no kidding! and we only have 1 day left this week for testimony :( The last few days have been pretty full, but they ended early yesterday and today... most lost time!

I think it can be a catch 22 for the jury though... it gives them time to reflect and absorb the info... but it also gives them time to forget some too :( We have the power to go back and listen again and again if we want. They can't.

The last chart shown in testimony today showed how much his income increased for the month of February 2010. In my opinion as a "web sleuth juror," a clear visual of motive for murder. Testimony also shows that he went around town writing bad checks with full knowledge that he did not have the money in the bank. That is definitely a form of lying about your financial status to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme