CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was skimming through this thread again and the discussion re DK brought forth memories of an interview he did with channel 8 on 12/9/14, about a month after CM was arrested. For those who haven't seen it yet, this is a surprise interview, the reporter showed up at his door. It's very interesting to watch, especially now. He is very evasive when asked about the financials of EIP and how much he was paid after the McStay's disappearance. He at first gives Joseph a glowing review and praises him and the business they created together, then later alludes to being unhappy with how Joseph was running the business (the taco stand analogy). He basically admits that the emails (texts? I can't remember) where he threatened Joseph to pretty much destroy his business if Joseph didn't give him his way (from Baker's book) is true. He also boasts his involvement in trying to keep the business running, but at the same time really puts much of the responsibility of handling the finances on Mike and Susan. He also stated that it was himself, Joseph, AND Mike and Susan that built the company, I didn't think that Mike & Susan had anything to do with the company directly at all until the McStays went missing???

I had also forgotten about DK selling Joseph's business. I'm wondering if the defense plan on using that as a possible motive, he was unhappy with how Joseph was running the business that "they created and built together", motive was to cut Joseph out of the picture and take over altogether, then sell the company (financial motive). I am greatly anticipating seeing what DK has to say on the stand!!

I also agree that if DK's Hawaii alibi was not confirmed by LE, that is a MAJOR problem. Or at least, if I were a juror on this case, it would be a major problem for me. All imo.

Link to the channel 8 interview with DK: McStay murder mystery: Who is Dan Kavanaugh?
I remember that interview. Did he not also tell the reporter to check out Chase Merritt? In so doing, he pointed a finger directly at Chase. There obviously was bad blood between those two.

Regarding the back and forths about Kavanaugh's Hawaii alibi, and whether or not it was checked out by LE - I find it to be inconceivable that it was not. DK was a major player in this case from the beginning, especially in light of his threats to Joey about destroying the business. I also remember thinking at the time that it awfully convenient for him to have been there.

Dugal is saying he told Susan to stop cleaning... :eek::confused:

Dugal looks like Norm from Cheers lol Didn't see much of him until a few minutes ago.

oh no :( hopefully they can figure this out. Firefox has been good, I don't use it often but have it on my computer so thought I would give it a try.
I'm hoping it all works smoothly when they upload it later. I wasn't even getting to see more than a minute without it stopping.

It's splatter of something, but DAMN! how did Susan and Mike miss that during the cleanup, if it is indeed blood?

OMG Dugal just said that he and his team SAT AT THE TABLE and didn't notice the spatter!!!!

ETA: the "splatter" could be anything, spaghetti sauce, stain, unfortunately it sounds like it wasn't tested so we will never know if it was really blood :(

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 16m16 minutes ago
#McStay - DuGal went to the house with a search warrant on Feb 19, 2010. Things had changed. Susan had cleaned up, chairs were back at the dining room table that previously weren't there. Drawers

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 13m13 minutes ago
#McStay - The eggs and bananas on the counter were gone. The plate with food on it gone.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 10m10 minutes ago
#McStay - DuGal said when he was there on the 15th, there were newspapers on the floor and table but when he went in on the 19th with a search warrant, that had been cleaned up

Dw6N-XGUcAA81My.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 8m8 minutes ago
#McStay - Photos show what appears to be bleach stains on the carpet.

Dw6OSiNUwAA9rDp.jpg

Dw6OUuMU0AMAdfF.jpg

0 replies1 retweet0 likes

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 5m5 minutes ago
#McStay - On the 15th the futon cushion was up in couch position, on the 19th it was down as in bed position and the 2 bowls of popcorn were gone.

Dw6O1ZSV4AAlruo.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 16m16 minutes ago
#McStay - DuGal said Mike told him that he met Chase at the home on the 13th and that Chase said he'd been there on the 9th and there was window in the back that was open. Mike went through that window. DuGal went back there on the 15th and could see there was some damage.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 13m13 minutes ago
#McStay - DuGal said he didn't notice these drops/stains when he was there in person. He says he cannot say if that is blood, he didn't see it with his 'naked eye" When said it could be consistent with blood spatter.

Dw6RSHFVYAAw7Pp.jpg

Dw6RZOXUwAApslK.jpg

Dw6Reu7VAAAY8xM.jpg

0 replies1 retweet3 likes

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 4m4 minutes ago
#McStay - Jury sent home for the day. Court only in session tomorrow 9:30 - 12 PST due to a commitment a juror has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971