CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized, iirc Dugal said that when he originally went to the house on the 15th, there was newspaper on the floor and on the table (the table with the splatter). When he returned on the 19th, the newspaper was no longer on the table. ??? Did Chase cause the splatter, but miss that during his pristine cleanup? And then put newspapers on top of the table before leaving the house??

I just realized, iirc Dugal said that when he originally went to the house on the 15th, there was newspaper on the floor and on the table (the table with the splatter). When he returned on the 19th, the newspaper was no longer on the table. ??? Did Chase cause the splatter, but miss that during his pristine cleanup? And then put newspapers on top of the table before leaving the house??
For someone to clean thoroughly enough to remove blood from every nook and cranny but miss cleaning it off of the dining room table is a bit much to believe. I would guess that it's probably not blood.

I am a bit confused about this blood spatter and bleach stains. I don't know why they didn't ask Susan or Mike about it. We all know they cleaned. Why didn't they ask about the bleach stains? Were they there when they first went into the house? Why didn't they ask Susan about the table? She eventually cleaned it, right? Why not ask McGyver about it? He spent quite a bit of time in the house the week previous to their disappearance.

It was disclosed that CM gave a voluntary DNA sample. If he's really the killer that's quite the calculated risk he took.

I see both sides of this... if they found his DNA in the home, no big deal, he's been there many times. If he's the killer, he thinks he's done a good enough job of hiding the bodies that they will never be found, and it did take enough time that there were only skeletal remains.

On the other hand, he is not new to the legal system, I'm surprised he didn't lawyer up right away to be honest and gave the sample willingly.

JMO

For someone to clean thoroughly enough to remove blood from every nook and cranny but miss cleaning it off of the dining room table is a bit much to believe. I would guess that it's probably not blood.
Doesn't look like it was visible to the naked eye, but it definitely looks like blood spatter to me. I think that they are also trying to point to the blacklight being used by chase to check his cleanup job after the fact.

Doesn't look like it was visible to the naked eye, but it definitely looks like blood spatter to me. I think that they are also trying to point to the blacklight being used by chase to check his cleanup job after the fact.

I will hopefully have time to go back and listen later, I missed the significance of the light. Even if he had the light, wouldn't he need luminol?

The unfortunate part about all of this is... these photo's were taken on the 19th, 4 days after being reported missing. The family started cleaning :( so it brings everything into question and just gives the defense ammunition on cross IMO.

I see both sides of this... if they found his DNA in the home, no big deal, he's been there many times. If he's the killer, he thinks he's done a good enough job of hiding the bodies that they will never be found, and it did take enough time that there were only skeletal remains.

On the other hand, he is not new to the legal system, I'm surprised he didn't lawyer up right away to be honest and gave the sample willingly.

JMO
But as it turns out the bodies and murder weapon were found with DNA but apparently not his.

I am a bit confused about this blood spatter and bleach stains. I don't know why they didn't ask Susan or Mike about it. We all know they cleaned. Why didn't they ask about the bleach stains? Were they there when they first went into the house? Why didn't they ask Susan about the table? She eventually cleaned it, right? Why not ask McGyver about it? He spent quite a bit of time in the house the week previous to their disappearance.
More bizarre oddities in a case that has no shortage of bizarre oddities.

That is strange. I'm on the fence about CM being the killer. I don't want to see an innocent person go to prison.
In addition justice wouldn't be served for the McStays if the wrong person is convicted then obviously, the killer remains free. Whatever way this goes I believe you'll never be able to fell confident about the result, there are just too many potential suspects with very little hard evidence.

That is strange. I'm on the fence about CM being the killer. I don't want to see an innocent person go to prison.

Hi and welcome to the forum :) And welcome to everyone else that has joined us today! I love reading everyone's opinions, so if you are lurking.... jump in :)

I'm with you... I'm on the fence. I am really trying to look at this unbiased, like a juror would. I am sure I had different opinions in the early years, but always hoped they would be found alive. When they weren't, and CM was arrested, I assumed they had quite a bit of evidence against him. I would come here and read, but didn't keep up like some have.

We are only a week in, I'm still waiting. I think it will come down to the quickbooks and cell information. I was thinking the cell information was pretty concrete and damning, but after reading the prelim testimony earlier today, I'm not as sure as I was and look forward to hearing testimony about that!

It's splatter of something, but DAMN! how did Susan and Mike miss that during the cleanup, if it is indeed blood?

OMG Dugal just said that he and his team SAT AT THE TABLE and didn't notice the spatter!!!!

ETA: the "splatter" could be anything, spaghetti sauce, stain, unfortunately it sounds like it wasn't tested so we will never know if it was really blood :(

That's too bad it was never tested. Sure looks like blood splatter to me. Dropping something like spaghetti sauce wouldn't cause splatter like that. Hard for me to imagine it being anything other than blood. But like you said, we will never know

Supposedly DNA was found, however, it has yet to be proven. In opening statements either side can say whatever they want but it doesn't mean it's a fact.

This is true.. but refresh my memory... did the Pro's say anything about DNA in the gravesites in OS's? If they did have it, wouldn't they want to put that out there right away?

This is true.. but refresh my memory... did the Pro's say anything about DNA in the gravesites in OS's? If they did have it, wouldn't they want to put that out there right away?
I didn't hear all of the OS but from what I've read the DA didn't say anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971