CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family never got the pods back, storage company wouldn't release them to the family, I remember that :( So stupid, so sad. I wonder how many memories were in there that Joey's older son could have kept or the families.

I liked how Mike kept saying he thought he was getting his days mixed up, he wasn't sure, he didn't know... I expect him to do the same with the defense and it won't make him look like he is avoiding questions or whatever... This is almost 9 years later, remembering what happened on what days must be extremely hard.

The lawyers are arguing about a photo.... and about Merritt's criminal history? I missed the first minute or so of what the defense lawyer was saying

There are a few of us here that spent hours on this case in those first few years! I mainly posted on the old CourtTV forum, but came over here when it closed. I can't even remember if I posted much here about it, but would always come to read updates. Many many many crazy theories of who could have done it or where they could have taken off to!

That was the same thing I did Missy. I posted at first both over on CourtTV and here but I never had any desire to discuss them leaving willingly to go to Mexico. There was no need for me to do so for I never believed that to be the case...not for one second.

The theories were a little too wild.... for me anyway. Lol

I did read posts throughout the years from time to time to see if anything had changed or if there was any updates and new information. I admire anyone who posts for years on one case.

I did feel one day they would find their bodies. I didnt think it would take as long as it did and then it was by happenstance.

The one I found the most suspicious was CM when he seemed to relish in disparaging and crushing Summer in the ground.

I'm sure the jury will be shown everything CM has said no matter if it was to the police or the media.

Summer was the wife of the very man he claimed was his very best friend. I found that bizarre and highly abnormal behavior especially under such mysterious questionable worrying circumstances when he knew his best friend and his beautiful entire family were all still missing with no one hearing from them again. Why did he want to take up time discussing Summer?

Did CM have other very close male friends? If not, Joey, whom he subcontracted with ..probably was CMs best friend but IMO CM was never Joey's best friend.

True best friends do not betray their very best friend who had already helped them doing so much already out of the kindness of their heart.

I think that is one of the things among others that makes all of this so tragic.

It's good to see so many back together again and being able to read their posts on the trial thread now.

It's been a long journey especially for the families.

Jmo

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2m2 minutes ago
#McStay - Judge found no action against the prosecution was necessary. Defense spoke about Merritt's criminal past during their opening. Family pic shown to Michael on the stand was never shown to jury

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - Court is back in session. Now defense attorney Maline will cross examine Michael McStay. Watch Live: https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/charles-merritt/watch-live-charles-merritt-trial-for-murder-of-couple-and-children/ …

DwgXEQhUYAAqd5f.jpg

0 replies1 retweet0 likes

I bet the defense will be regretting having mentioned CM's criminal history. Opens up a line of inquiry they more than likely didnt want the jury to know about.

I don't recall them mentioning his criminal history. I DO recall one of the attorney's mentioning that Merritt was concerned about going to talk to LE at first because he had a warrant, but decided to go anyway and they told him they wouldn't arrest him.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 13s13 seconds ago
#McStay - Cross exam: You told Det. Dugal that Chase was with you on Feb 13 and that you let Chase in the house? Michael doesn't remember and is now reading his statement to Dugal.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 1m1 minute ago
After reading his statement to Det. Dugal, Michael says he can't remember but he did tell Det. Dugal that Chase went inside the house on the 13th. That wasn't his testimony under direct.

I don't recall them mentioning his criminal history. I DO recall one of the attorney's mentioning that Merritt was concerned about going to talk to LE at first because he had a warrant, but decided to go anyway and they told him they wouldn't arrest him.

This is what I was eeferring to from Emi's last post.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - Judge found no action against the prosecution was necessary. Defense spoke about Merritt's criminal past during their opening. Family pic shown to Michael on the stand was never shown to jury.

I wish websleuths still had numbered posts. It made referencing certain post much more convenient.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
#McStay - Judge found no action against the prosecution was necessary. Defense spoke about Merritt's criminal past during their opening. Family pic shown to Michael on the stand was never shown to jury.

I wish websleuths still had numbered posts. It made referencing certain post much more convenient.
The post I see are numbered in the lower right corner of the post.

Why didn't the prosecution ask the neighbor whether CM ever contacted her regarding the security footage? Likewise they should ask Michael whether CM has asked him about the footage.

Cathy Russon on Twitter

Yep, I knew what you were talking about :) The defense lawyer also said that they didn't mention his criminal history, and they didn't object during the testimony because it would look like they were trying to hide something. I don't recall the criminal history coming up during OP's, which is what the prosecutor said to the judge at the break.

I still see the posts as numbered? I am on the computer right now though and not my phone.

So the prosecution spent a lot of time on Mike going into the house through the window and how CM didn't go in with him. Had him put an X on a pic showing where CM was standing outside, etc. They used his statements with the SB police to refresh his memory... now the defense questions him about it using the SD statements, which were made on Feb. 15 2010, showing that he said he let CM in through the door.

I'm not sure how the jury is going to look at this...

So the prosecution spent a lot of time on Mike going into the house through the window and how CM didn't go in with him. Had him put an X on a pic showing where CM was standing outside, etc. They used his statements with the SB police to refresh his memory... now the defense questions him about it using the SD statements, which were made on Feb. 15 2010, showing that he said he let CM in through the door.

I'm not sure how the jury is going to look at this...
The prosecution did a terrible job prepping their witnesses, that's if they prep them at all.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 5m5 minutes ago
#McStay - Cross: On Feb 10th there are calls back and forth with Patrick Mcstay (Joey/Mike's father) & Mike. Under direct, the testimony was those happened on Feb 9. Defense corrects the calendar in court prosecution had created.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Under direct Mike testified that it was Feb 9th when he spoke to Merritt after his dad called him about not getting a hold of Joseph. After reviewing phone records, Mike said he didn't speak to Merritt on the 9th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren