CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That the police department had a flawed theory about the disappearance is pretty much demonstrated by the discovery of the bodies and the autopsy results. They didn't bury themselves. I'm not following the trial but I have zero doubt there will be a guilty verdict. Have faith.

Apologies because although I know I am late to the party, is this thread, dated 2010, where we are posting and reading today’s trial? I am so confused Could we have a thread (or more) with each individual trial date so we can follow along in a more cohesive manner please? TIA!

This all takes me back to how nervous and worried some were a few days into the Jodi Arias trial. Prosecutor Juan Martinez even treated his own witnesses as if they were hostile. But as information was methodically produced, the case was made. We’re only a few days in. Hang tight everyone!

Yes it's very early in the timeline and I think what we're seeing in the courtroom right now, reflects how crazy this case was right from the start. There were a lot of colorful characters and side stories around the McStays and EIP, SDSD focused on Mexico, evidence was lost and crime blogs pushed rumors.

I hope as we move toward the time when SBCSD took over and had 4 murders to solve, that the prosecution's case will come together. I don't know what to think about DK right now because the Defense made a serious claim about his Hawaii alibi. Air travel should be easy to prove, so what does the Defense have on DK? This trial is will be very interesting. We still have a long road ahead.

Thanks to all of you who post the tweets, links and other trial info. I really helps me keep up.

IMHO.

Apologies because although I know I am late to the party, is this thread, dated 2010, where we are posting and reading today’s trial? I am so confused Could we have a thread (or more) with each individual trial date so we can follow along in a more cohesive manner please? TIA!
What do you mean? This thread was started yesterday. The 2010 in the title refers to the date the family went missing/was murdered. This thread is current.

What do you mean? This thread was started yesterday. The 2010 in the title refers to the date the family went missing/was murdered. This thread is current.
I am confused because the thread title refers to the murders and not the current trial dates. I assume it would be confusing to new people who are joining the discussion and difficult for them to maneuver between the old threads versus the daily trial threads. IMHO

I am confused because the thread title refers to the murders and not the current trial dates. I assume it would be confusing to new people who are joining the discussion and difficult for them to maneuver between the old threads versus the daily trial threads. IMHO

Tricia made a thread here in the trials thread so it is public (easier to find for those wanting to follow). The McStay forum is still in the private forum.

Have there been any details about DK's trip to Hawaii, dates, island/s etc.?

I am not sure what is known, but I did have a thought ... How did he afford to go to Hawaii when he was needing to borrow money from Joey? And IIRC he was borrowing small amounts, like $30? Someone who borrows $30 can afford to fly to Hawaii? Or maybe the flights were cheaper than I think?

Found some information about Dan and Hawaii in an article from 2014:

McStay murder mystery: Who is Dan Kavanaugh?

In a subsequent telephone interview, Kavanaugh looked up his online itinerary from the surfing vacation, and claimed he was in Oahu from Jan. 4, 2010 to Feb. 17, 2010, when he returned to San Diego.

Missy, I just posted the same info...lol. I'll delete mine.

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (NEWS 8) — The brother of Joseph McStay took the stand Wednesday in the trial of a business associate accused of murder the McStay family of four.

Michael McStay said he went to the family’s Fallbrook home with the defendant Chase Merritt days after the family went missing in 2010.

He testified that Merritt told him he was hesitant to go inside the home because he had a criminal record.

McStay Murder Trial: Brother of Joseph McStay testifies about interactions with defendant

DK being a genius manipulative mastermind and confessing to his girlfriend that he murdered the McStay family does not reconcile.

True, except he and Joey had truly been close friends for many years. For real, not like the way Chase falsely claims they were best friends.

DK truly had a long history of close friendship from their hometowns. So I do think it is possible he felt betrayed, was drugged up and did something truly vicious and evil. And since then, it has eaten away at him until he finally broke down and confessed...?........ JMO

Found some information about Dan and Hawaii in an article from 2014:

McStay murder mystery: Who is Dan Kavanaugh?

In a subsequent telephone interview, Kavanaugh looked up his online itinerary from the surfing vacation, and claimed he was in Oahu from Jan. 4, 2010 to Feb. 17, 2010, when he returned to San Diego.

I have an Hawaiian connection so to speak...as in "Plumeria" so the trip peaked my interest. It is expensive to fly to Hawaii anytime and unless he stayed with someone for free, lodging is very expensive on Oahu as well. There would have had to be a paper trail for the trip, where he stayed, airline he flew on, who remembered him, etc. This trip should be fairly easy to confirm or disapprove.

Missy, I just posted the same info...lol. I'll delete mine.
:D:D:D
Great minds think alike!

I have been looking and looking for more info... and... there really isn't a lot out there, not about the Hawaii thing anyway. It will be interesting to hear what the prosecution can show that tells us that DK was in fact in Hawaii, or what the defense has to show he was not in Hawaii. The guy seemed to be broke all the time IIRC, so not sure how he went on a 6 week vacation. JMO

I have an Hawaiian connection so to speak...as in "Plumeria" so the trip peaked my interest. It is expensive to fly to Hawaii anytime and unless he stayed with someone for free, lodging is very expensive on Oahu as well. There would have had to be a paper trail for the trip, where he stayed, airline he flew on, who remembered him, etc. This trip should be fairly easy to confirm or disapprove.

In OS's, the defense dude said that he said he stayed with his landlord (???? does that even make sense? LOL Landlord had a place there as well maybe?) But that guy said that it didn't happen. Also something about DK showing some online reservation as "proof" or something similar (I would have to go back and look).

Keeping in mind that OS's aren't evidence, I'm interested to hear from the ex, the landlord, DK himself during the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave