CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that’s why Chase had to access the account that night from the home.

I have never used quick books so no idea if it was password protected but if it was that makes sense as to why Chase went onto the Quickbooks account in Fallbrook.
Forcing JM to reveal the new password could be why he was tied up and appeared tortured.

IF they were killed in the home, they had to get out of the home somehow, I would think the dogs would have hit on the scent even outside the home, no?

I'm not really impressed with Dugal... JMO I am sure I am biased though because I recall after they went missing, it felt like they weren't doing enough.
I would think they would hint onto the deceased if the back door was open. It's not a very large yard.

Forcing JM to reveal the new password could be why he was tied up and appeared tortured.

Well, this is my thinking as well, BUT, there is no indication that the QuickBooks account had a password change. It seems that the program log events, that would be an event to log IMO The moment I found out that someone, anyone, accessed my Quickbooks, the first thing I would do is change my login info.

omg I hate Law & Crime. The feed constantly freezes or drops. Can't keep up with anything. Is there any other link to watch the proceedings?

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2m2 minutes ago
#McStay - Ret. Detective DuGal is back on the stand under direct examination. He's detailing the items collected when he went in on the 19th with a search warrant.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2m2 minutes ago
#McStay - They collected the desktop and laptop at the McStay home. Remember, Michael McStay had taken those from the house and returned when DuGal told him to. Mike testified he took them to see if he could help keep the business running while his brother was missing

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 31s31 seconds ago
#McStay - The search warrant included the green dodge truck in the driveway. Inside was a soccer uniform, kids' clothing, no car seats. There was a video camera in the dodge. A Nikon and Kodak camera also seized from inside the home.
God he was thick (sorry if this offends some posters on here)

The dogs were at the house so what harm would it of done to let them look in the house for 10 mins?

Just seems like pure laziness and a piss poor detective.

I thought the same thing. If you already have the dogs on the property, why wouldn't you have them go inside?? Ridiculous

omg I hate Law & Crime. The feed constantly freezes or drops. Can't keep up with anything. Is there any other link to watch the proceedings?

Mine has been good today. I will look around and see if I can find another one, L & C is providing the pool camera.

ETA: I can't find another stream :(

Yes. The car was pulling OUT at 7:47, not arriving at 7:47. Yet, minutes later, someone wrote that cheque from inside the Mcstay house. For me, this is proof that there were 2 killers, or that the killer had an accomplice at the very least. If I recall the neighbor's testimony correctly, her camera didn't capture a vehicle going back to the Mcstay house. Just that car leaving at 7:47. So, who was inside the house afterwards?
He could have parked up somewhere not far from the house and walked back. I think some criminals will be aware that dead bodies quickly create an odor that police dogs are able to detect. Not only that he wouldn't want his vehicle parked there too long in case it was seen by a neighbor who could then pass on the details to police and connect him to the disappearance.

I don't believe it makes any sense for there to be an accomplice. Not in the murder of little children - that has to be the work of one psychopath.

MOO

And here comes the defense and I bet he tears him a new one. It was ridiculous a family of 4 just vanished but because Chase didn’t leave a card saying he had done it this detective did nothing.

Well, this is my thinking as well, BUT, there is no indication that the QuickBooks account had a password change. It seems that the program log events, that would be an event to log IMO The moment I found out that someone, anyone, accessed my Quickbooks, the first thing I would do is change my login info.
I believe the logging of password changes would only apply to the Quickbooks cloud account and not to the home desktop computer account.

He could have parked up somewhere not far from the house and walked back. I think some criminals will be aware that dead bodies quickly create an odor that police dogs are able to detect. Not only that he wouldn't want his vehicle parked there too long in case it was seen by a neighbor who could then pass on the details to police and connect him to the disappearance.

I don't believe it makes any sense for there to be an accomplice. Not in the murder of little children - that has to be the work of one psychopath.

MOO
I want you to be right. I hope that there is not another accomplice. Hard to imagine ANOTHER person being that sick.

So, basically Mike was told a contradiction: Don't touch anything inside the house, but if you do see important documents, grab them!

THIS IS MADDENING

I believe the logging of password changes would only apply to the Quickbooks cloud account and not to the home desktop computer account.

But those are all connected. They could tell that someone was logged in regardless of where it was, the computer, the laptop, the phone, elsewhere. If they aren't connected, they are useless IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps