CA CA - John Beck, 73, Alameda, 9 Feb 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any 24 hr laundry mats in the area? People are known for seeking refuge in places like these at night. Its pretty common.

QueenBea13:
CA - John Beck, 73, Alameda, 9 February 2016
Just throwing this out there & I mean no disrespect to the family or friends of JB's, but since it seems he's gone back to familiar places, could he be searching for a high school sweetheart or a childhood friend? I honestly don't think it's either one of those, I just hate to think that he'd leave this way without telling the ones most important to him anything, no goodbye, see ya later, nothing. I hate it, because I know how it feels. My great uncle took matters into his own hands after his sister, my grandma, passed. He couldn't deal with it I guess, but then that left us, me, my mom & my uncle (mom's brother) to deal with the leftover stuff, not that we too weren't mourning the loss of our mom & grandma too. At 1st you feel sadness that he didn't tell us how he felt, but then anger sets in & you're just mad at how inconsiderate he was & how inconsiderate suicide really is. I've thought to myself, during an overwhelming event or stressful day/week:month, I could just get in my car & drive as far away as I possibly could get, but my mind always goes straight to my kids & my husband & no matter what they don't deserve to have to go on through life burdened by me leaving & not knowing WTF happened to me; not that I'd get very far & if I did I wouldn't stay gone very long cuz I'd get lonesome or something. Many people who commit or who contemplate suicide don't think about or realize the affect it'll have on those left behind to deal with everything. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem, that may or go away with time & or with the help of family & friends or even professional help.
I hope & pray for his wife, kids & grandkids sake that he just needed to figure things out on his own away from the hustle & bustle of the real world.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.
Last edited by QueenBea13; Today at 03:55 PM.
Using Tapatalk

I am so sorry about what happened with your great uncle. My condolences to you and your entire family--I know that the pain and trauma left in the wake of suicide are uniquely difficult to recover from--suicide leaves a wound that resists healing.

I can't speak to your experience, and I know each of these deaths is unique and in many ways unlike any other.

I had a close friend who took his life when we were both in high school. I was very angry at him for a very long time.

I read more about suicide to try to understand why he did it. I can't remember the source--it was many, many years ago now, but I learned that severe depression of his kind can distort one's thinking to the extent that many people become convinced that they are actually *helping* their loved ones by removing them of the burden (as seen from the perspective of the depressive individual) of having them in their lives. For some suicidal people, the impulse to kill themselves comes from a charitable place. For me, this knowledge was a strange comfort--as stunningly misguided as this idea would be, it helped me release the anger of believing that he had intentionally inflicted pain on the people who loved him.

But. Of course, they are wrong. Horribly, tragically, monumentally wrong. The pain of the loss is always much greater than whatever difficulty the depressed individual worries they're inflicting upon their loved ones. But I know that this lie feels like the most profound truth to many people afflicted with suicidal depression.

These two comments are worthy of Websleuths Post Of The Day.

Sorry my above post appears disjointed. I am gonna blame it on the IPad...no I didn't do it.

:back:

QueenBea13:
CA - John Beck, 73, Alameda, 9 February 2016
Just throwing this out there & I mean no disrespect to the family or friends of JB's, but since it seems he's gone back to familiar places, could he be searching for a high school sweetheart or a childhood friend? I honestly don't think it's either one of those, I just hate to think that he'd leave this way without telling the ones most important to him anything, no goodbye, see ya later, nothing. I hate it, because I know how it feels. My great uncle took matters into his own hands after his sister, my grandma, passed. He couldn't deal with it I guess, but then that left us, me, my mom & my uncle (mom's brother) to deal with the leftover stuff, not that we too weren't mourning the loss of our mom & grandma too. At 1st you feel sadness that he didn't tell us how he felt, but then anger sets in & you're just mad at how inconsiderate he was & how inconsiderate suicide really is. I've thought to myself, during an overwhelming event or stressful day/week:month, I could just get in my car & drive as far away as I possibly could get, but my mind always goes straight to my kids & my husband & no matter what they don't deserve to have to go on through life burdened by me leaving & not knowing WTF happened to me; not that I'd get very far & if I did I wouldn't stay gone very long cuz I'd get lonesome or something. Many people who commit or who contemplate suicide don't think about or realize the affect it'll have on those left behind to deal with everything. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem, that may or go away with time & or with the help of family & friends or even professional help.
I hope & pray for his wife, kids & grandkids sake that he just needed to figure things out on his own away from the hustle & bustle of the real world.

Last edited by QueenBea13; Today at 03:55 PM.
Using Tapatalk

These two comments are worthy of Websleuths Post Of The Day.

Thank you

Bumping for John. Don't like to see him on the second page.

Please, let this be the day JB is brought home to his family.

G-B everyone in their efforts to locate JB.

Just checking in. :seeya: Here is an update from FB. I hope progress is happening behind the scenes.

While we wait for the surveillance video to be checked, is anyone checking Instagram photos taken on the GG bridge on Tues or Wed 2/9-10? Maybe it was mentioned and I missed it. Those who have Instagram can comment on photos as described in the instructions.

ETA: Oops, the GG bridge was mentioned in the FB post linked below. Clearly I didn't read it before posting, but it's nice to know we're all on the same track. :blushing:

http://us12.campaign-archive2.com/?u=4eef4f20bddbd85da708bceb1&id=3fea5c1c4c

http://www.gramfeed.com/instagram/search

I just sent a request on the google drive with my personal gmail account to view the document

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Thank you! I approved it. It's odd--anyone should have been able to download the document.

Any progress updates available? My thoughts this evening are with John, his family and those close to him.

Any progress updates available? My thoughts this evening are with John, his family and those close to him.

Ditto. I worry when it gets too quiet. :( I hope that just means they are super busy. This has to be stressful and exhausting.

I'm sure it's already been addressed here somewhere I just didn't find it, but it appears that at the 3628 Sacramento address there are several Licensed Clinical Social Workers and what appears to be Psychologists (PhD's) , as well as a Beauty Salon. That's if this is current information.

I'm sure they've already checked all of these out though. I wonder if he was seeing someone there for counseling. Or maybe just thinking about it. Gosh, I hope they find him soon and hope he's ok.

This is the most recent poster for John. The FB link has a downloadable version to print.
attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/findjohnbe...2750541891000/585647704934617/?type=3&theater

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 226
I'm sure it's already been addressed here somewhere I just didn't find it, but it appears that at the 3628 Sacramento address there are several Licensed Clinical Social Workers and what appears to be Psychologists (PhD's) , as well as a Beauty Salon. That's if this is current information.

I'm sure they've already checked all of these out though. I wonder if he was seeing someone there for counseling. Or maybe just thinking about it. Gosh, I hope they find him soon and hope he's ok.

One of their replies on FB earlier today said that they had checked at this address and he hadn't been seen. I'm also curious about the ones in the neighborhood that were not at that specific address. It seems to be "counseling row." Joy said yesterday here that they would be checking out this neighborhood.

https://www.facebook.com/findjohnbe...=585248924974495&comment_tracking={"tn":"R9"}

It said that someone saw him "leaving the trail" ? Was it clear what the person meant by that, as in where did he appear to be headed ? TIA

I wondered that too. I hope Joy will explain where he was seen "leaving the trail" and in what direction he was going.

ETA: I see that the words were actually "exiting the trail." I interpret that as exiting at some point where the trail leads to a street as opposed to leaving the trail to walk into the woods. Good old semantics! I'm sure this will be clarified.

Someone posted on FB a suggestion for those searching on GramFeed to go beyond just the date John disappeared because people don't always post right away. The page administrator said that is a really good idea.

Lillibet, do you know if they've been able to check his cell phone records ? I mean, I know there wasn't activity since he went missing, but what about calls made before he went missing? TIA

Lillibet, do you know if they've been able to check his cell phone records ? I mean, I know there wasn't activity since he went missing, but what about calls made before he went missing? TIA

According to the info I listed in the linked post, there was no useful or surprising info gleaned from John's cell records.

This post is a good reference of info we knew on Feb. 16 for those just joining or for people like me who can't hold it all in my head! :) It probably needs updating, but the basics are there.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ameda-9-February-2016&p=12359996#post12359996

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman